Sponsored

2015 Mustang with whipple stage1 to ???

Basspro302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang gt
Cool. Assuming your 2019 is a A10? I was trying to give the OP an apples to apples comparison of a gen2 car with a man pedal.
Apples to apples of what? He gave you no dyno numbers or trap times and his car is a 6r80. Im not trying to be a dick but im saying there is enough left especially since hes 6r80 that stage 2 plus custom tune is the way to go.
Sponsored

J17GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP
Apples to apples of what? He gave you no dyno numbers or trap times and his car is a 6r80. Im not trying to be a dick but im saying there is enough left especially since hes 6r80 that stage 2 plus custom tune is the way to go.
No idea how I missed the 6r80 part. My bad.

OP
OP

slime_bullet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
In all honesty, and in my experience, I have never recieved a clean custom tune from anyone when I was fbo. I mean they ran all right but not clean. The whipple tune is clean, but boring. I've spent more money on custom tunes than I'm proud of.
Not really chasing a time or trap speed. Just a tad more refinement on the daily driving side.

Mantis

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Installed the Gen5 stage one whipple A few months ago on my 2015 GT premium, 6r80 with 3.55 gears. Running the whipple tune. Everything has been great. No running issues at all. Start up, Idle, part throttle, wot all spot on. However, i am deviated from the whipple tune with catless long tube headers. While it runs fine, i think the canned tune is a little boring, especially the part throttle. So im at 3 scenerios.
1. Go straight from the stage 1 to stage 2 conversion with whipple tune (whipple says better throttle response ?)
2. Get a custom tune for the stage one set up
3. Get the 132mm throttle body, bigger injectors, bap and custom tune all separate.
Will still run the 3.875 pully on 93. No e85 available.
My car is just a toy, no racing or strip use.
What do you guys thing?
Option 1. I have a 2015 PP and went straight to the gen5 stage 2 with larger tb and oversized HE. My car is a manual with 3.73 so it shreds the tires. Mine is also pure fun(no track) and is plenty fun on just 93. Perfect drivability with whipple tune and packs the punch when needed.
Sponsored