2015 Mustang with whipple stage1 to ???

slime_bullet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Installed the Gen5 stage one whipple A few months ago on my 2015 GT premium, 6r80 with 3.55 gears. Running the whipple tune. Everything has been great. No running issues at all. Start up, Idle, part throttle, wot all spot on. However, i am deviated from the whipple tune with catless long tube headers. While it runs fine, i think the canned tune is a little boring, especially the part throttle. So im at 3 scenerios.
1. Go straight from the stage 1 to stage 2 conversion with whipple tune (whipple says better throttle response ?)
2. Get a custom tune for the stage one set up
3. Get the 132mm throttle body, bigger injectors, bap and custom tune all separate.
Will still run the 3.875 pully on 93. No e85 available.
My car is just a toy, no racing or strip use.
What do you guys thing?
Sponsored

J17GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP
If you're looking for more, 100% go with the stage 2 setup and provided Whipple tune. No need for bigger injectors or a bap if you are staying on 93. The stock pump and 72lb injectors provided in the kit are all you need on 93. If you have good 93 fuel by you or run some boostane if needed, you could even step down to the 3.75 pulley on the whipple tune.

I'm sure some will argue there is a bunch left on the table running the whipple tune, but I disagree. My Gen5 stage 2 stick car did 709/529 on the whipple tune with just a cat-back. Trapped 130mph at the track at full weight.

OP
OP

slime_bullet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Thanks for the info man. I have good 93 and run about 2 ounces of boostane professional just for safety.
The only reason I'd like to go custom tune is to turn the cat temp protection off, turn stupid rev matching off, and have it not shift into 6th at 40mph.

J17GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP
Whipple told me you’re in cat protection pretty much anytime you‘re WOT for more than 4 seconds (with the stage 2 kit). Tooling around on the street only, I doubt you’ll ever truly notice. Maybe at the track trying to run a number you‘re leaving a smidge on the table.

Andrew@Lethal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2003 10th Anniversary Cobra / 2003 Ford Lightning
Installed the Gen5 stage one whipple A few months ago on my 2015 GT premium, 6r80 with 3.55 gears. Running the whipple tune. Everything has been great. No running issues at all. Start up, Idle, part throttle, wot all spot on. However, i am deviated from the whipple tune with catless long tube headers. While it runs fine, i think the canned tune is a little boring, especially the part throttle. So im at 3 scenerios.
1. Go straight from the stage 1 to stage 2 conversion with whipple tune (whipple says better throttle response ?)
3. Get the 132mm throttle body, bigger injectors, bap and custom tune all separate.
What do you guys thing?
I would personally go with a custom tune such as Lund Racing or Palm Beach Dyno. The current tune you have is good but a bit conservative. Wouldn't be a bad idea to pulley down a tad and to upgrade your injectors and fuel pump to move a bit more fuel to accompany some more boost. Feel free to send me a message and I can answer any questions you have. www.lethalperformance.com

Sponsored

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
whipple does a good job on the tune, the stock tb is very limiting

the 132 tb with whipples tune, or a custom jp or ortiz tune will for sure make a nice difference

feel free to hit me up with any questions

beef

angermgmt14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium--Oxford White--A6
What do you guys thing?
Did you upgrade you OPG/CS?

Livernois Motorsports

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.livernoismotorsports.com
First Name
S550 HQ
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT (TVS 2650) (6R80)
We offer custom tuning for the whipple kits! and have done plenty of these cars. The stock whipple tune is good but it is pretty conservative. We can step on it some more and get you some more pep in your step!

We offer custom tuning, datalogging, and revisions. Please feel free to ask any questions or DM me! I would love to help you out! If you plan on upgrading beyond the stage 1 kit I Would love to discuss options and give guidance on your build if you are looking to change parts!

-Hunter

angermgmt14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium--Oxford White--A6

Sponsored

Basspro302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang gt
If you're looking for more, 100% go with the stage 2 setup and provided Whipple tune. No need for bigger injectors or a bap if you are staying on 93. The stock pump and 72lb injectors provided in the kit are all you need on 93. If you have good 93 fuel by you or run some boostane if needed, you could even step down to the 3.75 pulley on the whipple tune.

I'm sure some will argue there is a bunch left on the table running the whipple tune, but I disagree. My Gen5 stage 2 stick car did 709/529 on the whipple tune with just a cat-back. Trapped 130mph at the track at full weight.
My stage one lund tuned car traps137-139 mph full weight depending on da

cchvyd28

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium
What do you guys thing?
Option 3, always. I went through it on my car. Bought the Whipple stage 1 with Whipple tune thinking it would be enough, it wasn't. Upgraded to stage 2 with the Whipple tune, still wanted more. Got bigger injectors a BAP and a custom tune. That held me for a while, but I am now doing a full fuel system bigger injectors and a retune for E85.

That was a lot of money spent and wasted. Buy once cry once, go balls deep from the start.
Sponsored