2015 Mustang V6 Magnaflow muffler (13216) w/ resonator delete

LuckyMe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Vehicle(s)
2015 V6 Deep Impact Blue
I just took my v6 to the shop and got my magnaflow exhaust set up and removed the heavy resonator. It has little drone, awesome sound at 4k+ RPM, and i can feel an increased performace numbers but i haven't dynoed. Soon, on this thread, i'll show a more indepth look at the resonator (which is not restrictive at all, just heavy) and the exetremely restrictive mufflers on the car. You can get those mufflers for around 50 each, and i paid my choosen shop 150 to do a muffler swap and resonator delete. It's a 13216 universal magnaflow exhaust with 2.5 inch piping, center/offset. You have to here it in real life, cause the video doesn't do justice.
(Note: i kept stock tips just for kicks) Can't wait for intake, tune, and gear change.
Link:[ame]
IMG_3898.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP

LuckyMe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Vehicle(s)
2015 V6 Deep Impact Blue
EXTRA

Just to show that the resonator isn't restrictive at all. :amen:
However, the muffler..........:( sigh.... bottom line change it.....
IMG_3970.jpg

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mustang, 1965 AC Cobra, 2023 Ford Bronco 2Dr
Damn that resonator is MUCH better then I expected. Straight through on both sides I am assuming correct? Again no wonder our axlebacks are opening up so much power.

Ps: Nice job on the exhaust! Did you go with a crossover x or h?

OP
OP

LuckyMe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Vehicle(s)
2015 V6 Deep Impact Blue
Exactly, the resonator has no restriction, the piping remains to be 2.5 inches on both ends and it is straight though on both sides. Maybe an X pipe would give even more hp. Ironically, when i saw your thread and gains in terms of 0-60 i just had to change the mufflers. I think this car just needs an axleback.
PS: great innovation with the dynomax, and drone reducing addon.

Sponsored

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
Exactly, the resonator has no restriction, the piping remains to be 2.5 inches on both ends and it is straight though on both sides. Maybe an X pipe would give even more hp. Ironically, when i saw your thread and gains in terms of 0-60 i just had to change the mufflers. I think this car just needs an axleback.
PS: great innovation with the dynomax, and drone reducing addon.

Thanks LuckyMe!

Seeing that picture though has me thinking that I should go to an x-pipe for the reasons you pointed out... Straight through is good but no crossover has me thinking more power can be gained from exhaust scavenging of the x...

Bay1Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic '15 V6 051a
Thanks for sharing. Your setup sounds good. Much improved over stock. It sounds similar to Zack's but with the raspy high end. So it seems like the factory resonator is what kills that rasp.

Sponsored

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
Hey Lucky,

Could you do me a favor? Could you measure from the outer edge of the left inlet pipe to the outer edge of the right inlet pipe and do the same for the outlet? After these pictures I am seriously considering an x-pipe and have a few ideas in mind but need to know the distance between pipes...

Again thanks for the pictures!

OP
OP

LuckyMe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Vehicle(s)
2015 V6 Deep Impact Blue
Okay, both sides are 6.5 inches apart and i did and extra step and measured the length of the resonator and got 23 inches.

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
Okay, both sides are 6.5 inches apart and i did and extra step and measured the length of the resonator and got 23 inches.
Awesome! So that 6.5 in is edge to edge correct? So for center to center distance subtract the diameter of the tubing and I get 4.25in center to center? And thanks for the length measurement!

OP
OP

LuckyMe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Vehicle(s)
2015 V6 Deep Impact Blue
Awesome! So that 6.5 in is edge to edge correct? So for center to center distance subtract the diameter of the tubing and I get 4.25in center to center? And thanks for the length measurement!
Yes, but i got 2.5 inches for the piping width, so 4 inches center to center for me.

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
Yes, but i got 2.5 inches for the piping width, so 4 inches center to center for me.
Interesting, the piping diameter at the mufflers is 2.25". Must change after the resonator?

If this is the case then we can/should be able to use lethal performance's resonator delete for the GT.
Sponsored

Last edited: