2015 Mustang V6 Exhaust Sound Clip Thread

Otto Pilot

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kenneth
Vehicle(s)
2015 Competition Orange V6
I contacted an exhaust shop to see how much it would cost to get a catback system installed; one shop quoted $125 to $175, and another quoted about $250. Do these sound fair to you guys?
Sponsored

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
The lower one does. It's pretty straight forward and shouldn't be more than hour of labor which is where around $100 comes in.

cobo10201

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Coby
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang V6
Thought I'd share my setup! Please note that the wastegates have been adjusted to not build boost so quickly.

Flowmaster X-pipe, Accelatec mufflers, 2013 F-150 EcoBoost turbos, and stock cats:

USMCtoARMY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6 MT
Thought I'd share my setup! Please note that the wastegates have been adjusted to not build boost so quickly.

Flowmaster X-pipe, Accelatec mufflers, 2013 F-150 EcoBoost turbos, and stock cats:
Sounds pretty good. Even when you remove the CATS it won't get super loud. Those small turbos will definitely help in acting as resonators.

Sponsored

Heezys6

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hector
Vehicle(s)
2016 3.7 Mustang

I have a GT stock exhaust with an Unknown H-Pipe (came welded together). Planning for headers in the near future.

cyclonetron

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang v6
Vehicle Showcase
Finally put an x pipe on the Borla atak catback. It suits the V6 quite well IMO.

Last edited:

Sponsored

MidwayJ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Finally put an x pipe on the Borla atak catback. It suits the V6 quite well IMO.

Sounds good! I think Borla and X-pipes go well together on the V6. Shorty headers were going to be the next step if I hadn't traded mine in.

cyclonetron

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang v6
Vehicle Showcase
Sounds good! I think Borla and X-pipes go well together on the V6. Shorty headers were going to be the next step if I hadn't traded mine in.
Yeah I agree. It suites the cyclone engine so well. I have speeddaddy shorties and I can’t go back to anything else now.

I have an automatic and I’ve noticed that if I leave it in normal drive mode it’s not that much louder than with a resonator. It’s above 3k rpm that is when the system really shines.

How do you like your V8? Will you be modding it or keeping it stock?

MidwayJ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah I agree. It suites the cyclone engine so well. I have speeddaddy shorties and I can’t go back to anything else now.

I have an automatic and I’ve noticed that if I leave it in normal drive mode it’s not that much louder than with a resonator. It’s above 3k rpm that is when the system really shines.

How do you like your V8? Will you be modding it or keeping it stock?
I agree the Borla muffler x-pipe combo sounds best at higher RPMs.

I'm enjoying the GT, although I've been working from home so much I'm driving a lot less. Compared to the V6 it has crazy power. Sometimes I feel like I want all wheel drive. The power and V8 sound are a lot of fun but TBH the GT isn't any more fun in the twisties.

Not keeping it stock. I didn't like the tone of the stock exhaust, so a Roush axle back was installed this morning. :) Keeping the stock resonator it's a nice upgrade without being too loud. Eventually I'll get to suspension and cosmetics.

IMG_20200703_122447_copy_1600x900.jpg

cyclonetron

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang v6
Vehicle Showcase
I agree the Borla muffler x-pipe combo sounds best at higher RPMs.

I'm enjoying the GT, although I've been working from home so much I'm driving a lot less. Compared to the V6 it has crazy power. Sometimes I feel like I want all wheel drive. The power and V8 sound are a lot of fun but TBH the GT isn't any more fun in the twisties.

Not keeping it stock. I didn't like the tone of the stock exhaust, so a Roush axle back was installed this morning. :) Keeping the stock resonator it's a nice upgrade without being too loud. Eventually I'll get to suspension and cosmetics.

IMG_20200703_122447_copy_1600x900.jpg
That’s awesome, you got the 10speed auto? How mph does 1st fear end at?

MidwayJ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
That’s awesome, you got the 10speed auto? How mph does 1st fear end at?
Yeah, 10-speed. Sport mode is amazing. Not only do the shift points change but the shifts get a lot firmer. I guess I haven't paid enough attention to what mph I'm at in 1st at the redline. I mostly watch the tach.
Sponsored