Sponsored

2015 Mustang V6 Exhaust Sound Clip Thread

Fray_s550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang S550 V6
I bought an adapter for like $15 from summit racing for my setup.
Could you do me a solid and post the link for the adapter please? I have to purchase 2 of them correct?

I’m gonna take the car to a muffler shop. I wonder if they carry adapters?
Sponsored

Last edited:

Phormz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2016 V6 Mustang

Fray_s550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang S550 V6

Fray_s550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang S550 V6

Sponsored

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
I don't think you need any special adapter tbh. The GT exhaust hooks up to our V6 just fine so any cat back meant to connect to a GT will hook up just fine whether it results in 2.5" or 3" exhaust piping the rest of the way.

If you're taking it to an exhaust shop, they should have adapter piping of various sizes too, but might charge you for it. I've got a good (see: cash) relationship with the local shop now so I'm sure they'd hook it up for me regardless.

Fray_s550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang S550 V6
I don't think you need any special adapter tbh. The GT exhaust hooks up to our V6 just fine so any cat back meant to connect to a GT will hook up just fine whether it results in 2.5" or 3" exhaust piping the rest of the way.

If you're taking it to an exhaust shop, they should have adapter piping of various sizes too, but might charge you for it. I've got a good (see: cash) relationship with the local shop now so I'm sure they'd hook it up for me regardless.
Thats what im thinking too. The adapter is literally the same size as the one from summit. I compared the inner diameter and the outer diameter. Seems to have been a waste of $30 :/

I’ll take it to the shop and see what they say

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah I would have said the same thing sooner if I noticed the other post but missed it somehow. Summit seems pretty good so they may let you ship it back for at least a partial refund though.

Phormz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2016 V6 Mustang
I didn't mean to mislead you or anything. I just gave my input based on exactly what I did. I'm sorry that it wasn't what you needed.

Last edited:

Fray_s550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang S550 V6
I didn't mean to mislead you or anything. I just gave my input based on exactly what I did. In sorry that it wasn't what you needed.
No worries im not placing blame or anything. Did yours not come with the adapters? I’m wondering what prompted you to purchase another set of adapters from summit

Sponsored

Phormz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2016 V6 Mustang
No worries im not placing blame or anything. Did yours not come with the adapters? I’m wondering what prompted you to purchase another set of adapters from summit
Mine came with adapters but they did not fit my car. They were a little too big on the smaller opening so I purchased another set.

Fray_s550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang S550 V6
Mine came with adapters but they did not fit my car. They were a little too big on the smaller opening so I purchased another set.
Odd.. and youre 100% sure that the link you posted from summit is the same set you purchased? Is it possible that the size is actually different but the difference is too small for my eyes to catch?

Phormz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2016 V6 Mustang
Odd.. and you're 100% sure that the link you posted from summit is the same set you purchased? Is it possible that the size is actually different but the difference is too small for my eyes to catch?
Yeah I found my receipt in my email and copy-pasted the link from it. I guess its possible that the other adapter wasn't needed. I never tried using the adapters that came with the system on my car since I already had the new adapters but the difference in exhaust diameter is what made me get the new set.

Maybe i'm just a noob and was overthinking it since i've been reading that basically any 2.5" GT cat back exhaust can bolt right up to the V6 without any adapter whatsoever.

Fray_s550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang S550 V6
Last edited:

Jon|3.7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15' 3.7 Mustang
any ideas what would sound good with longtubes and a catless h pipe? thinking of a 2018 stock dual exhaust catback
Sponsored