2015 Mustang V6 Exhaust Sound Clip Thread

z3ro_011

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mikee
Vehicle(s)
SS50 3.7l DOHC V6 2016
Sounds great, that would have been my setup but the shop wasn't comfortable cutting my bumper to make em fit so it didn't happen. Got any close up pics of how the bumper cover looks now?

I'm still thinking about trying to fit quad tips on mine at some point, they just look nice.
20180731_183346.jpg

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
What'd you do the cut with? Looks really nice and smooth.

Sponsored

Baso

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bassem
Vehicle(s)
Race Red 2016 Mustang V6
Does anyone know if a 2.5" x-pipe would need adapters to fit to muffler deletes? I'm not familiar with how welding really works hence my question.

Last edited:

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
Most likely, stock the car only has 2.25" pipes, so at least either the inlet or outlet side of the x-pipe would need an adapter. Most likely both sides though, depends on what size the pipes are on the muffler deletes and if they go the whole way to the resonator. Probably 6 adapters in total (xpipe in and out, muffler deletes in - 2 each).

MidwayJ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Here is a clip of the Pypes Street Pro Touring axle back exhaust. No other mods. Everything else about the car is stock.

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
Hung out with a group of guys after Cars & Coffee today and finally got a drive by of my car. Two clips for you guys today, one is mine, the second is my buddy's car.

Mine has the following: shorty headers, GT catback with a Steeda xpipe and Ford Performance by Borla Touring mufflers
His has: custom h-pipe and Flowmaster Outlaws

Based on a ride in his car on Friday, I thought his was louder, but a few people today said mine definitely was. Can't hear it as much in my car as you can with his.

Hope you guys like em.

In the clip of mine there's a guest appearance by a newly Procharged GT with a blowoff valve that you can hear distinctly.

MidwayJ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Hung out with a group of guys after Cars & Coffee today and finally got a drive by of my car. Two clips for you guys today, one is mine, the second is my buddy's car.

Mine has the following: shorty headers, GT catback with a Steeda xpipe and Ford Performance by Borla Touring mufflers

Based on a ride in his car on Friday, I thought his was louder, but a few people today said mine definitely was. Can't hear it as much in my car as you can with his.

Hope you guys like em.

In the clip of mine there's a guest appearance by a newly Procharged GT with a blowoff valve that you can hear distinctly.
Difficult to tell which is louder but I like the tone of yours better than the red car.

Sponsored

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
Here's another one of the red car, took a lot longer to upload/process on youtube (basically ends at 20 seconds because he came back slow):

I like the sound of mine too, his would probably win a rev battle because of the 2 step in his tune.

MidwayJ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Coupe
Vehicle Showcase

Hope you guys like em.

The Borla Touring mufflers are an interesting component of your setup. I've read so many posts where guys were OK with their axle backs with stock resonator, but they wanted louder. So they added an x-pipe but found they didn't like the sound or it was just too loud. (Examples: x-pipe combined with Roush axle backs, FM Outlaws, or muffler delete). In your case, you combined the x-pipe with a "tamer" sounding muffler. Sounds like a good recipe.

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
The Borla Touring mufflers are an interesting component of your setup. I've read so many posts where guys were OK with their axle backs with stock resonator, but they wanted louder. So they added an x-pipe but found they didn't like the sound or it was just too loud. (Examples: x-pipe combined with Roush axle backs, FM Outlaws, or muffler delete). In your case, you combined the x-pipe with a "tamer" sounding muffler. Sounds like a good recipe.
Yeah they weren't too loud when it was just the mufflers alone, but you could definitely tell they were there because the sound changed a lot. The others are louder with just the axle backs which leads to it being too loud with any other changes being compounded.

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase

cold start from tonight, got bored and went for a drive