Sponsored

2015 Mustang (s550) Specs and Technical Info Guide (GT V8, V6, EcoBoost)

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)

minicobra

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.thebandpetroleum.com
First Name
Braden
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Premium GT/PP
Well, here is to hoping they give us something at Detroit show, price and package options would be good. Maybe weight and HP numbers at a later date.

xlover

King of Laserball
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BMW M
Consensus thought seems to be that specs will come at the NYC autoshow

Sponsored

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0
Can't wait to see specs for the GT. Hoping for 3250-3300 lbs. Anyone think it's going to be this lightweight?

Nope. I think we will be lucky for the GT to be in the 3,450-3,500lb range. The Ecoboost model might crack 3,300lbs.

DivineStrike

Doomsday
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GTPP, 11 F150 FX4, 07 CBR600RR
Nope. I think we will be lucky for the GT to be in the 3,450-3,500lb range. The Ecoboost model might crack 3,300lbs.
I agree 100% I would really like 3450 but realistically I think the GT will be in the 3500 range. under 3600 I don't think is an unrealistic outlook.

edco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007GT & 2017V6_ great Steeda & AM mods
15 Mustang maybe Fords best driving car ever

The gen 6 stang retains the 107" wb, but adds 50mm to the front track and 70mm to the rear track (compared to S197-think about that!). The front McPhearson is an advanced design copied from nothing I have ever seen. With electronic power steering the handling should be BMW M3 class and better. The back end IRS looks ford truck tough.
Get under a Camaro and check the stamped sheet steel control arms-non adjustable-they remind me of a lawn chair. The Gen 6 stang has a lower center of gravity, lower roll center, reduced weight, wider track, improved EPS (steeering) and improved brake system. I can't wait to drive it. It may be the best driving and best handling vehicle Ford has ever produced. Couple this with the second generation Coyote 5.0 V8, forget about styling minutia, this Mustang stands to rewrite the legend. Be proud you are a road rebel the Pony is going to do it again.

navair133

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black Mustang Eco/PP; 2003 Porsche Boxster
I agree with Edco 100%. Most of you are mustang owners and know a heck of a lot more than I do about the car-I grew up with one and love the history, but I have not owned one. However, it seems to me that Ford has taken the car to a new level. Ford has gone from retro muscle car to modern GT muscle car. This will be the best handling production mustang ever. The looks are rock solid and for those who want more exterior frills I am sure there will be boxes to check. I cannot wait to order my ruby red 2.3L eco-boost performance pack vehicle. That is unless I just go for the GT!

djdub

The Future.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Golf R
The gen 6 stang retains the 107" wb, but adds 50mm to the front track and 70mm to the rear track (compared to S197-think about that!). The front McPhearson is an advanced design copied from nothing I have ever seen. With electronic power steering the handling should be BMW M3 class and better. The back end IRS looks ford truck tough.
Get under a Camaro and check the stamped sheet steel control arms-non adjustable-they remind me of a lawn chair. The Gen 6 stang has a lower center of gravity, lower roll center, reduced weight, wider track, improved EPS (steeering) and improved brake system. I can't wait to drive it. It may be the best driving and best handling vehicle Ford has ever produced. Couple this with the second generation Coyote 5.0 V8, forget about styling minutia, this Mustang stands to rewrite the legend. Be proud you are a road rebel the Pony is going to do it again.
x2

This will be my first Ford. I'm super stoked to finally get into an American car. :)

Sponsored

ferrarimanf355

Prospective Mustang Buyer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2012 Fiat 500 Sport
I know this may sound stupid, but will the Mustang get parallel parking assist, like in the Fusion and Focus? This is going to be a big car, and this might be a useful gadget to have.

Also, can I order the track apps on the EcoBoosted convertible? I think the convertible is better looking than the coupe, and with the EcoBoost motor and the auto, it would be almost perfect.

MustangSteve

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang
I know this may sound stupid, but will the Mustang get parallel parking assist, like in the Fusion and Focus? This is going to be a big car, and this might be a useful gadget to have.

Also, can I order the track apps on the EcoBoosted convertible? I think the convertible is better looking than the coupe, and with the EcoBoost motor and the auto, it would be almost perfect.
No park assist, but all 15 mustangs get a standard backup cam and reverse parking sensors are available

Track apps are on both EcoBoost and GT

Gman11Gt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Another reason why Ford is staying ahead of the curve. The government just came out and said all cars built need to have a back up camera by 2017 as standard equipment.

The studies show they do make a difference.
Sponsored