Sponsored

2015 Mustang News & Rumors Summary

OP
OP

KZStang

Updated and finally we can move one into the "confirmed" section. I left the other "reveal" speculation in the unconfirmed section since we are still not exactly sure what will be shown on 12/5.

Question is how many of the other rumors get moved up to "confirmed" after the event?
Sponsored

OP
OP

NRMStand

Question is how many of the other rumors get moved up to "confirmed" after the event?
My guess is not much as it is still early. I think we see the base car and get confirmation that there will be an I4, V6 and V8 (along with displacements) and that's about it. No power/torque figures, nothing about weight or other specifications.

Tempus

Threads
Reaction score
^ All of that and hopefully get to see what the anniversary colors, badges and other touches will look like.

OP
OP

zerot

I would not be surprised if all they do is show the car and nothing gets confirmed. They can still tease out details for another ~4 months. Ugh. :frusty:

Sponsored

SunTzu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nope
The Exec mentions the LA Autoshow for the reveal. But doesn't the LA show end on Dec 1st?

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
The Exec mentions the LA Autoshow for the reveal. But doesn't the LA show end on Dec 1st?
Wrong context.

They refer to the fact the details about the 5th December reveal were discussed as part of the LA Show..........whilst the exec was there being interviewed :)

SunTzu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nope
Wrong context.

They refer to the fact the details about the 5th December reveal were discussed as part of the LA Show..........whilst the exec was there being interviewed :)
Ahhh yes. My error. Thank you for the gentle nudge in the right direction.

Josh Painter

Threads
Reaction score
Website
the-12th-fan.com
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2006 Ford Fusion SEL
5.8L will not fit in S550 engine bay

However, in an interview with British magazine Car, Mustang chief engineer Dave Perciak was asked about this:

Will there be a Shelby version of the latest Mustang? Can the 662bhp V8 from the outgoing GT500 fit?

The 5.8-litre supercharged engine? We’ve not excluded it from fitting. Modifications will have to be made, but will it go under the hood? Yes, it will…

Josh Painter

Threads
Reaction score
Website
the-12th-fan.com
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2006 Ford Fusion SEL
5.8L will not fit in S550 engine bay

However, in an interview with British magazine Car, Mustang chief engineer Dave Perciak was asked about this:

Will there be a Shelby version of the latest Mustang? Can the 662bhp V8 from the outgoing GT500 fit?

The 5.8-litre supercharged engine? We’ve not excluded it from fitting. Modifications will have to be made, but will it go under the hood? Yes, it will…
http://www.carmagazine.co.uk/News/S...d-Mustang-designer-Moray-Callum-talks-to-CAR/

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
OK.........now that just adds fuel to the forthcoming SVT variant rumours. I'd love to believe that it'll see production, but doesn't make sense if SVT is going to be a N/A FPC. Why would he say that? Surely it'd just lead to disappointment if it doesn't happen?

Can we have both? Please? :ford:
Sponsored