Sponsored

2015 Mustang News & Rumors Summary

OP
OP

KZStang

Updated, new ones in red for now.

Left off the platform speculation -- just seems like forum chatter so far. Hopefully we get more word about this.
Sponsored

OP
OP

OKCfan

Great stuff especially for those who don't check in every day/hour.
Thanks for the updates.

OP
OP

KZStang

A few updates... let's hope to keep 'em coming.

Also linked to that great IRS writeup from thePill.

OP
OP

KZStang

Updated with the latest from the last few months.

We have a lot of great info, but it sure would be nice to start putting more into that Confirmed column.

Sponsored

rb336

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Focus
Have heard that Ford Europe is pushing for a diesel. Anyone else hear anything regarding that?

chopsui

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 GT
KZ, the info about it being sold in Australia should be moved into the confirmed section. It's been announced multiple times by Ford, most recently in the big dealer event they held last month down under.

OP
OP

KZStang

KZ, the info about it being sold in Australia should be moved into the confirmed section. It's been announced multiple times by Ford, most recently in the big dealer event they held last month down under.
You're right, thank you sir! Updated now.

1 down, about 100 more to go. :(

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Have heard that Ford Europe is pushing for a diesel. Anyone else hear anything regarding that?
Unless they buy in a six cylinder, I really hope not! No 4-pot diesels, they are just too rough sounding? They may smooth out underway, but at idle, they are horrible. Even the latest BMW 4-pot diesel sounds like a bag of nails at idle :(

BUT, the six cylinder diesels are another matter. That would suit the Mustang with loads of smooth torque.

Diggitydog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 GHIG GT Vert
Unless they buy in a six cylinder, I really hope not! No 4-pot diesels, they are just too rough sounding? They may smooth out underway, but at idle, they are horrible. Even the latest BMW 4-pot diesel sounds like a bag of nails at idle :(

BUT, the six cylinder diesels are another matter. That would suit the Mustang with loads of smooth torque.
Speaking of BMW I was just over at Bimmerpost and they have some massively detailed information about the upcoming M3/M4. Here is one of the snippets:

"M3 and M4 to be introduced together (at Detroit NAIAS 2014 in January)."

This would be a show to catch for sure.

How many people feel that the Mustang stacks up against the BMW 3/4 series? Just curious.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Mriley

Detroit is going to be crazy if the S550 is introduced there as well.

The M3/M4 is still the benchmark for the segment but the gap will surely be narrowed if the GT is the new Boss 302. When you factor in price though, it's a no brainer. I only wish some of the hi-po trims could have a nicer interior and finish. It's where the BMW is in a totally different class, obviously.

OP
OP

OKCfan

Speaking of BMW I was just over at Bimmerpost and they have some massively detailed information about the upcoming M3/M4. Here is one of the snippets:

"M3 and M4 to be introduced together (at Detroit NAIAS 2014 in January)."

This would be a show to catch for sure.

How many people feel that the Mustang stacks up against the BMW 3/4 series? Just curious.
Interesting... they went back to a turbo 6 cyl for the M3/M4... I wouldn't mind seeing a high performing ecoboost 6 cyl for the Mustang at some point.

Oh and also wouldn't mind seeing the s550 introduced at Detroit since it's just in a few months.

Diggitydog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 GHIG GT Vert
It just feels right for them to reveal S550 in January. April is too late. Detroit Rock City! Gotta get me some tickets. This is going to be a sick show.

OP
OP

KZStang

Updated.

It just feels right for them to reveal S550 in January. April is too late. Detroit Rock City! Gotta get me some tickets. This is going to be a sick show.
April is not too late if rumors about delayed production (as late as Sept) are true.

We should know soon how likely a Detroit reveal is based on the state of the camouflage. Assuming they do things the "normal" way.

yanks1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2008 GT/Calif Special Vert

"M3 and M4 to be introduced together (at Detroit NAIAS 2014 in January)." This would be a show to catch for sure.

thanks for heads up on new M3 & 4. I have owned 2 BMW 3 series Coupes (2002 & 06), and so far best cars I have ever owned. My 2006 330ci 6-speed has OEM 18" staggered wheels (255/35 & 225/40) that runs circles around my '08 Mustang GT/CS Convertible. Also feels lighter and handles better than my stock Stang. But love the look of the Mustang and its raw power, so love it to death. I was thinking of a new 428i but with a few options its close to $50k so I'm passing
Sponsored