Sponsored

2015 Mustang Interior Shows Paddle Shifters, Push Button Start, BLIS, C Pillar, etc.

Powderd Toast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wes
Vehicle(s)
17 Platinum White GT
It feels like christmas. I'm so giddy!
Sponsored

MYs197

Did you-all notice how the camouflage on the inside of the door has a seam? I see a seam in the rear side trim, and think it is also camouflage, and the C-pillar may also be covered with camouflage. I also note a fabric loop near the seat belt, apparently a release to allow the seat back to fold down. I'm betting it is a hatchback, and hope it is.
I noticed that fabric loop too. Interesting, but I still doubt we see a hatchback. Who knows.

I'm really glad to see the rear seats lost the big head rest. Less materials in the interior is a good thing. Looks like it will need it too with the way the roofline is looking.

Powderd Toast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wes
Vehicle(s)
17 Platinum White GT
I noticed that fabric loop too. Interesting, but I still doubt we see a hatchback. Who knows.

I'm really glad to see the rear seats lost the big head rest. Less materials in the interior is a good thing. Looks like it will need it too with the way the roofline is looking.
I initially thought that too, but look how far back the rear glass goes. That's gonna be one big package tray fro a coupe.:shrug:

FStephenMasek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland V8 '02 M-B c230K
It looks like the package shelf may be removable, from the way it fits around the edge. If so, it surely is a hatchback.

OP
OP
Jarstang

Jarstang

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Someone also pointed out BLIS indicators on the mirrors.
Indeed, it is BLIS (blind spot information system) graphics in the mirrors.

Closeup:

32-2014-jaguar-f-type-fd.jpg

Ford Explorer mirror:

mustang-blis.jpg

Sponsored

Tony Alonso

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'01/'09/'19 Bullitt, '90 GT, '00 Corvette FRC
Thanks for the photos...seems promising so far. I'd love to see those front seat backs. The rears look nice.

MYs197

Now price is starting to worry me. Any indication or guesses which model this is?

Mystic_Cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 RR GT350, '65 Mustang Coupe
It should be no surprise (just confirmation) that Ford is adding this new tech to the next gen Mustang. The rental Mustang I drove recently had the buttons on the shifter to control shifts. Moving that control to paddle shifters is easy. Just use nice paddles.

Mystic_Cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 RR GT350, '65 Mustang Coupe
Now price is starting to worry me. Any indication or guesses which model this is?
With NAV, dual zone climate, BLIS, and other upgrades, I'm sure this is a premium trim level.

Sponsored

DBCooper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
ya gotta love these staged "spy photos"...

The dash covering just happens to be pulled back so we can see the entertainment console and the covering for the back seat is pulled down so we can see just enough.

Don't get me wrong, I love seeing some new material. But they are just letting us see what they want us to see.

That aside, what's the "14.20" on the pillar gauge?

alloy500

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 FoST
Like what I see!
Toggle switches look cool, FGTish.
AC seats!
Engine start/stop and finally, no key hole in the steering column!!
Just forward of the door handle looks to possibly be a memory seat control panel, welcomed addition if so.

MYs197

With NAV, dual zone climate, BLIS, and other upgrades, I'm sure this is a premium trim level.
Yea not so much worried about base since this can't be the base trim. If this is GT, price will be a concern. Weight could also be another.

ya gotta love these staged "spy photos"...

The dash covering just happens to be pulled back so we can see the entertainment console and the covering for the back seat is pulled down so we can see just enough.

Don't get me wrong, I love seeing some new material. But they are just letting us see what they want us to see.

That aside, what's the "14.20" on the pillar gauge?
Ford sanctioned or not, it's still a look at the interior. And please no one start with conspiracy theories again. They obviously let these pics be taken. Otherwise they would have had to break into the car. Also you can see the driver's legs were blurred out.

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Great photos, guys :clap2:

Also worth pointing out that, for a pre-production prototype, the fit and finish looks pretty good!
Sponsored