Sponsored

2015 Mustang Interior Shows Paddle Shifters, Push Button Start, BLIS, C Pillar, etc.

Overboost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S197
Paddle shifters on the wheel. You can spy the left side just above the directional button. Interesting layout for the buttons, but I like it.
Sponsored

Ricky35

Mustang6G comes through yet again. This is why I check here too many times a day.

I like the push button start placement and paddle shifters!

Boydstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Premium DIB
The more spy pictures we get, the more we know! Very Exciting!
Thanks for the pictures, they are great!

DarkAgent10

Wow paddle shifters. Didn't expect that one. Nice eye guys.

91z28350

Obsessed with Horse Power
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JAMES
Vehicle(s)
2012 GT500 - 837 RWHP AND COUNTING
I like the baseball stitching!

Sponsored

Overboost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S197
Terrific! What a huge improvement all around. This is clearly an up-market model.

Lots of things to note here, including the new-gen entertainment system with separate volume (and probably tuning) knobs (not used on the new MKC according to it's latest spy pics).

Good to see the absurd rear headrests eliminated - so many current Fords you can't even see out the back window. Lets hope the front seats headrests are usable by humans too.

And lets hope the cheap hard plastic on the interior and doors has been replaced as well.

And that 3D-printed shift knob... looks like the vendor didn't have that part ready in time. And the "paddle" shifters aren't paddles at all... they are cheap little buttons. They will be as hard to use in this as they are in other current Ford's.

We'd seen the general shape of the rear window in one previous pic, but it was interpreted wrong by some folks (thanks to the camo hiding it's true shape). This clarifies it.
Amazing, you know EXACTLY how the paddles in the upcoming car work already? Do you work for Ford? If you haven't driven it, that's an ignorant comment. They may look the same, but we won't know until someone tests them.

GTsquid

Awesome! Nice pickup on these pics guys.

Big improvement in interior IMO. A few things do worry me though.

- We know this isn't the hipo variant since it's not Recaros like we saw in previous shots. Does that mean the base version comes with all of this new tech?

- Look at how close the headrests are to the roof. In comparison to the current car it looks like less headroom. Helmet issues for sure.

- Looks like a tiny back seat area. Don't know if it's just the lens distortion from zooming in that closely but the pics of the quarter window looks like it's right next to the front seats.

FStephenMasek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland V8 '02 M-B c230K
Did you-all notice how the camouflage on the inside of the door has a seam? I see a seam in the rear side trim, and think it is also camouflage, and the C-pillar may also be covered with camouflage. I also note a fabric loop near the seat belt, apparently a release to allow the seat back to fold down. I'm betting it is a hatchback, and hope it is.

Ninjak

Posting from the Shadows
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2019 Harley Davidson F150 68 GTA
Finally !! The Mustang has retired......the Shaker system. (maybe)....But at least it looks as they are using the same systems that are in the other Ford vehicles now.

I love the new button stacks...and please oh please keep the toggle buttons. Look very GT40'ish. Push button start..YES !!! Steering wheel controls look interesting as well. Pillars are interesting as well.

All in all I think its coming together well.

Sponsored

Red

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Thanks for the pix over the last couple weeks or so, JarStang.

S550Boss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350; 2018 Focus RS
Amazing, you know EXACTLY how the paddles in the upcoming car work already?
Here they are in a Taurus. And the reviews of them there have consistently stated they are all but useless.

There is an accepted way to build paddle shifters. And these aren't even paddle shifters - they are just buttons. Mounted on the wheel, instead of behind it on the column, they won't be of much value for fast driving. You'll see this same comment in the magazine reviews next spring. But at least Ford has taken one tiny step up from the usual silly toggle switch on the shift knob.
These are proper paddle shifters:

yanks1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2008 GT/Calif Special Vert
I'm on the fence regarding the seat stitching. I do like the toggle switches and the center stack. The headrests just don't look right as several have mentioned. Also, in my book paddle shifters are a must for any sporty automatic and are gaining popularity is US and very poular in Europe

Overboost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S197
Someone also pointed out BLIS indicators on the mirrors.

stangray11

The quarter window is not as small as it appears from the inside. You can tell there's a cutout to obscure the shape that has been placed in between the camouflage and the outside of the quarter window. Remove that and although it is smaller than the current one, it's still more functional than it appears from the interior shots.

B pillar looks intact to me. Was expecting something more hidden but we will see what it looks like from the outside when the camo comes off.
Sponsored