Sponsored

2015 Mustang Interior inspire by the Ford GT?

Donky

lurker
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Description of Your Car(s)
Honestly, I don't care who ford "looks to" if that someone did it right. Toggle switches are ideal for a few things, and more than ideal for traction control. I hope that remains a feature in the production model.
Sponsored

nametoshowothers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
description of cars
Since Ford hasn't really touched that design aspect in a long time, and it isn't even really that close to the GT's interior switches... I have to think Ford borrowed the notion to use switches from Toyota and Nissan in the FR-S/BRZ and GT-R.

Do not buy it, the design has been in the works long before the Toyota came out. If they benchmark the toy and sub, you end up with an underperforming car with crap brakes and horrible tires but is fun nonetheless.

I much rather have great brakes, tires and real power and FUN

Honesty

town crier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
135i
If you look closely those toggle switches do look like those in the Ford GT, plus they are made of aluminum and not plastic like those in the toyota. Ford has plenty of history and cars to be looking at toyota when it comes to designing their cars interiors. Either way you can see toggle switches in plenty of supercars, Ford GT included.
Sure, but Ford didn't dust them off until recently (after the GT-R and FRS did).

Honesty

town crier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
135i
Do not buy it, the design has been in the works long before the Toyota came out. If they benchmark the toy and sub, you end up with an underperforming car with crap brakes and horrible tires but is fun nonetheless.

I much rather have great brakes, tires and real power and FUN
The BRZ was on dealership lots in 2011... You think it took Ford over 2 years to design the interior knobs of a car that hasn't even made it to assembly line production?

I will say this, the knobs in the BRZ are total junk. They don't toggle up and down. Just down. And they're plastic and extremely cheap. Hopefully Ford makes them much nicer.

nametoshowothers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
description of cars
The BRZ was on dealership lots in 2011... You think it took Ford over 2 years to design the interior knobs of a car that hasn't even made it to assembly line production?

I will say this, the knobs in the BRZ are total junk. They don't toggle up and down. Just down. And they're plastic and extremely cheap. Hopefully Ford makes them much nicer.
I do agree ford looks at the market place to understand the trends, but some ridiculous suggestions about how much Aston Martin, Toyota including their pickup trucks and minivans, camaros, Subaru, ford gt, older mustangs, hyundais, Kia have had on the new mustangs have been made and we still do not know what it will look like

All that we know is some exterior and interior preproduction details and a lot of speculation. Highly doubt some ford guy said ohhhh look Toyota and Subaru have toggles,let's go add them in. The design process is actually well thought out as well as relies on corporate themes and parts

Honesty

town crier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
135i
I was thinking more along the lines of they were interpreting similar market data that led them down the same paths. End result is other brands had a similar product earlier, copying or not.
Sponsored