Sponsored

2015 Mustang interior: Gauge, Instrument Cluster, Center Console Pic!!

Topnotch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mazda CX-9 Touring
I recall Ford making a big deal of switching the speedo to the right so you could see the revs while shifting...guess RHD cars will get that priviledge :shrug:
Sponsored

Topnotch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mazda CX-9 Touring

let me ride

Threads
Reaction score
^^ pretty good guess at the time with the chrome trim. The toggle switches should be a nice touch.

I'd bet this is production ready like this. All of the buttons above the toggles that were misaligned in the early photos look like they were cleaned up here. Why bother putting all the nice finish/trim on it otherwise?

Ponywars

Different sized gauges? That can't be right.... and why would the tach need to be bigger than the speedo.

To me it doesn't look like different sizes so much as the tach looks like it's protruding more and the speedo is set more into the dash.

S550Boss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350; 2018 Focus RS
FINALLY - a designer using their head and not limited the sweep of the big gauges to only 180 degrees. And putting secondary mechanical gauges in the cluster too (instead of that ridiculous single electronic gauge the 2013/4s have).

Now, IF Ford was to be serious... the temperature and pressure gauges would be calibrated. So instead of "hot" we would have "220 degrees". But that is asking too much.

Now I'd like to see a more serious steering wheel, much thicker, larger thumb rests. At least it's smaller overall, not like that bumper car (and thin) steering wheel we've been stuck with since 2005.

Sponsored

DJ

And what's the point of that tape bit over the pony? ANYONE can still see it's there, so why bother?!
This is probably something totally obvious that I'm missing but I was looking at the steering wheel and noticed there seems to be something on both the left and right sides of the pony emblem that have been taped up. It also appears on the production finish pic.

11224826893_f6ef09bc06_h.jpg

One of those the horn symbol?
s550 steering wheel .jpg

8cyl

That awful shifter isn't visible this time around either , hopefully that means replaced by something smaller and less butt-ugly.

franklin9150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic GT Premium PP
Different sized gauges? That can't be right.... and why would the tach need to be bigger than the speedo.

To me it doesn't look like different sizes so much as the tach looks like it's protruding more and the speedo is set more into the dash.
I think the size difference of the gauges is actually nothing more than a distorted angle. If you look at the left side of the steering wheel, it looks stretched out compared to the right side. Maybe this is what we are seeing in the gauges as well.

TampaBear67

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cool Blue 07 Accord EX-L 2.4, DOHC, iVTEC Coupe
Exactly, I think the issue with the Gauges is simply an optical illusion caused by the camera, as for the 3 Round Vents, that just gives you a place to mount another Guage in the future :-)

StangFX

I recall Ford making a big deal of switching the speedo to the right so you could see the revs while shifting...guess RHD cars will get that priviledge :shrug:
I'm not sure why this is needed unless you race the car which 90% of us dont. If you are using the revs to shift (instead of feel) for everyday driving there is something wrong. I do think Ford needs to stop flip flopping about the placement but I'm glad they went back to the speedo on the right, it makes more sense to me for regular daily driving.

Sponsored

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GTs
I think the size difference of the gauges is actually nothing more than a distorted angle.
Yeah exactly. This picture was probably made with a cheesy cellphone camera. Those things distort like crazy.

TampaBear67

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cool Blue 07 Accord EX-L 2.4, DOHC, iVTEC Coupe
I don't understand why the Tach on the left or right makes a difference seeing the RPM's anyway. I never look at the shifter when changing gears, so it doesn't matter if it is on the left or right.

Topnotch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mazda CX-9 Touring
I don't understand why the Tach on the left or right makes a difference seeing the RPM's anyway. I never look at the shifter when changing gears, so it doesn't matter if it is on the left or right.
Apparently your left hand is at 12 o'clock and the other is on the shifter...therefore you have an unobstructed view of the right side of the cluster.

Sabre

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Iconic Silver 2023 Mach 1 with Handling Package
FINALLY - a designer using their head and not limited the sweep of the big gauges to only 180 degrees. And putting secondary mechanical gauges in the cluster too (instead of that ridiculous single electronic gauge the 2013/4s have).

Now, IF Ford was to be serious... the temperature and pressure gauges would be calibrated. So instead of "hot" we would have "220 degrees". But that is asking too much.

Now I'd like to see a more serious steering wheel, much thicker, larger thumb rests. At least it's smaller overall, not like that bumper car (and thin) steering wheel we've been stuck with since 2005.

If you look at the 2nd photo in DJ's post, the one with a straight on shot of the dash, look at the info display between the tach and the speedo. At the top I can read what I think says, "Gauge cluster" ...or "Gauge XXXXX" can't really make out the 2nd word. At the bottom I can see the word "Temp" and we are seeing a representation of a traditional temp gauge of some kind. Perhaps we are seeing a digital display of an actual water or oil temp gauge?

jmstang66

Performance Media Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang
good to see Ford recycling the air vents from the 05-09 stangs...

NOT

very underwhelming interior..recycled gauge cluster and vents, the center stack and steering wheel look very clumsy and cluttered
Sponsored