Sponsored

2015 Mustang in Sept 2013 R&T article (rumors: flat plane crank, turbo 4 and 6, etc.)

Melino

Red_One.jpg

Red_Two.jpg

New issue of R&T has that new render and some pretty nutty details.
According to them, the line up with be:

- 300hp V6
- 350hp 2.3L 4-cyl (not to be called SVO)
- 420hp 5.0L V8

GT350 will be 5.4L NA V8 with a Ferrari-style-flat-plane crankshaft. Rev over 7000rpm and close to 600hp. :shocked:
2015 Ford Mustang1 - R&T Sept 2013.jpg
2015 Ford Mustang2 - R&T Sept 2013.jpg
Sponsored

OP
OP

GTsquid

A one off flat plane crank for the GT350? Shared with GT500 maybe? I Dont know about this.

It's gonna be a different sounding car that's for sure. Will sound more like a supercar than a muscle car tho.

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
Hmmmm... supercranks?

They are not putting a supercrank in this...

attachment.jpg

They are putting one in this...

They are getting closer though!!!

Sponsored

Mike

Threads
Reaction score
This Shelby concept looks lovely, I see you have strong feeling about this one thePill:p

HGFireHazard

Mustang Enthusiast
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
They are going to piss off a lot of people if those horsepower figures between the 4 and 8 are accurate.

OP
OP

Mriley

Hmm maybe we should reflect on our own posts/threads here before we start trolling another members posts for inaccuracies or hyperbole.

I think the R&T render may not be too far off. As for the details, they've been sort of all over the map. Also OP, you missed the little bit in there where they suggest both a 4 and 6 turbo. Interesting bit about the flat-crank, but taking this one with a grain of salt.

S550Boss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350; 2018 Focus RS
Finally, a render which isn't somebody's childhood dream.

Their artist has looked at the prototypes rolling around Dearborn, and it reflects those except for the height of the tires and maybe the rear side window. The slap-like side, the roofline, side glass, mirrors, the line of the front fenders - all are production-correct. So this one is very close.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Vickstang

If the Mustang went flat plane crank as the latest rumors say it could change up the whole character of how the car drives and sounds. I'm sure the Europeans would like it more (than how it is now) but I'm not sure the whole North American buyer market would. The entire character of the Mustang could be different. But, interesting rumor anyway.

Mike

Threads
Reaction score
Finally, a render which isn't somebody's childhood dream.

Their artist has looked at the prototypes rolling around Dearborn, and it reflects those except for the height of the tires and maybe the rear side window. The slap-like side, the roofline, side glass, mirrors, the line of the front fenders - all are production-correct. So this one is very close.
I respectfully disagree, render looks like Camaro:tsk:

jjw

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.shelbyparts.com
Vehicle(s)
'19 PP2, 05 STI 475whp, 04 cayenne turbo, Shelbys
If the Mustang went flat plane crank as the latest rumors say it could change up the whole character of how the car drives and sounds. I'm sure the Europeans would like it more (than how it is now) but I'm not sure the whole North American buyer market would. The entire character of the Mustang could be different. But, interesting rumor anyway.
If there is a Flat plane crank coming, it will only be in a limited edition track oriented car with other similar, more "extreme" features. Those in the market for this model certainly wont see a flat plane crank as a detriment.

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
The render is clearly a modified Evos photograph, not this Chevy.

There you go again Pill. Saying silly stuff. C'mon bro.

Look at the side mirrors on the R&T Mustang and the 130 Camaro. The Camaro has a black strip and the Mustang has a white strip on the bottom. You can see the EVOS purple blended into the dark red of the rest of the car. The render is flipped, darkened and had the EVOS front end patched onto the altered Camaro. Come on bro, if you can't catch that, you need to just stop arguing with me and listen.

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550

You can see the marking on the side mirror (one is black, the Mustang's is white). They forgot to change the mirror. The car appears to be at a different angle BUT, the EVO's front was crudely pasted onto the Camaro Code 130 (you can see where the purple blend stopped) and the wheels were used. Everything else is just bad blending... It is a mash up of these two pictures... The green is just to show you how easy it is to change a cars color...

similar to this...

You do know R&T/C&D are responsible for both the Camaro and Mustang above... sister publications.
Sponsored