Sponsored

2015 Mustang GT350 Spied With Less Camo

Dirk McGurck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Nissan 370Z Touring with Sport
Just because I could play a little with those lines under the heavy cladding.... :)

The stripes might take a little tweaking (though I try to avoid the obvious/generic stripes), and I much prefer some of my previous front fascias (as all designers do), but it is fun to speculate what is under that foam and black camouflage.
I like that.
Sponsored

Speedwell

Goldmember
Threads
Reaction score
Please Ford, PLEASE tell me that the GT350 will look like Rampants render!! That thing is :love:

mustangletback

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 droptop mustang
Just because I could play a little with those lines under the heavy cladding.... :)

The stripes might take a little tweaking (though I try to avoid the obvious/generic stripes), and I much prefer some of my previous front fascias (as all designers do), but it is fun to speculate what is under that foam and black camouflage.
the front end should look 100% different from the gt model.

Sponsored

Rickycardo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT auto
I like the combo of the base model grill with the shark fangs, Great look!

MYs197

But it does. The grille insert is different, the fog lights are removed, etc.

I'm not sure we can expect the grille shape to be different even tho I would welcome it.

Rampant

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.rampantrenders.com
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
MBC (for now)
I think you are setting you expectations a bit high. I can not think of one model ever produced by any manufacturer where higher trim levels were "100% different." Every vehicle I can think of shares very similar shapes (headlights, main grille, etc.) and usually tweak the lower and outer portions of the front fascia to look more aggressive. They do this to keep a strong "family resemblance" so it is instantly recognizable as a higher version of the same car.

Just look to the current GT500 for example. Different, but not anywhere close to 100% different.

Besides, that render isn't how I would design it (it would be more like this). It was to have some fun speculating what could be under the camo given the feint (and possibly misleading) lines I saw.

Clearman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
1991 Explorer
Something Wicked This Way Comes

It looks like something seriously sinister lurks beneath that black veil!

I have high hopes for Ford's interpretation of what 'more aggressive' means for the S550. I have even higher hopes for what Shelby Autos come up with!
2015-mustang-gt350.jpg

Ponywars

Was browsing YouTube and saw someone just post this video.

Compare to this site's GT350 video from September 2013:

Sounds pretty much like the current 5.0 to me. :shrug:

The spy video from months back definitely didn't altho the driver here didn't give it much gas.
Not to me. It's much throatier and more rumble at low revs. Of course some of that could be just the camera picking up more sound being so close to the car, as opposed to this video of the GT that Jarstang posted which is not ground level.

[ame]

Sponsored

Ponywars

No, won't be available at launch. Mid-next year would be a good bet, although timing has moved around a few times already. That doesn't necessarily mean it will be called a 2016 model year.
Are you saying it will be a 2015MY then? Mid next yr availability is pretty much what I expected to begin with but I guess Ford is doing what it can to make it the 50th anniversary for the GT350 also, even if calling it a 2015 is a little off.

I just hope they announce pricing well in advance. I'm on the border of being able to afford a little more than a GT PP would go for and unless there is a huge increase I might try saving up more and waiting.

Voodoo

Elite Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A Car

God, I hope it doesn't come out looking like this. :tsk:

let me ride

Threads
Reaction score
I like it. I'd get rid of the LED strip all together. Removing the fogs is a good idea.