Sponsored

2015 Mustang GT350 Spied With Less Camo

S550Boss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350; 2018 Focus RS
The GT350 side scoop isn't functional. It's just a hole to nowhere, like a Fox GT. And that just creates turbulence - in the wrong place.
Sponsored

Fox9350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 5.0 GT (former car)
I just hope it looks half as good as the 2011 GT350 that thing is gorgeous, and I think better looking than the GT500s

likeaboss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Corvette Z51
I just hope it looks half as good as the 2011 GT350 that thing is gorgeous, and I think better looking than the GT500s
That version was anything but gorgeous. Most of the parts are tacked on. Heck they had exposed screws holding in the reverse lights on the rear bumper. The 13 & 14 GT350 looks much better.

Topnotch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mazda CX-9 Touring
Car should have all aluminum look like current GT500
That means interior has no chrome on gauge/air vent surrounds, door handles, cup holders, shifter plate, etc
...and no chrome on the exterior ( the ponies front and rear, the badging, the exhaust tips...etc)
Stripes should be an option too.
GT350.jpg

Tressel

I like the "G.T. 350" - nice homage to the original with the punctuation having been removed it seems starting in '69.

I'm not quite sure what you mean by no chrome on the outside however. Unless you are talking about removing the pony or giving it a dark treatment.....something other than the render you posted ?

Sponsored

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
I like the idea of this being the new (old!) Cobra logo.....as suggested by TN previously.

Rampant

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.rampantrenders.com
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
MBC (for now)
That version was anything but gorgeous. Most of the parts are tacked on. Heck they had exposed screws holding in the reverse lights on the rear bumper. The 13 & 14 GT350 looks much better.

I still think it is horribly ugly and unimaginative with all those flat surfaces and poorly proportioned fog light holes.

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
The new Z06 doesn't seem to mind :-)

Yeah but that's a Chevy... Air "turbulates" more efficiently in their fake rear C-Scallops then Ford's C-Scoops.

Joking aside, I believe the GT350 will actually adopt most of the usual aero venting and ductwork... I doubt rear brake ducts are needed or worth it.

The space to use one may come in handy for some Pro race teams that are permitted to make that modification. Classes like FIA GT3, SCCA GTS and up and IMSA GT and up.

Sponsored

TampaBear67

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cool Blue 07 Accord EX-L 2.4, DOHC, iVTEC Coupe
The new Z06 doesn't seem to mind :-)

I know they've kind of become a Z-06 styling cliché but what I don't understand on the 2015 Z-06 is that it already has Rear Brake Ducts integrated into the tops of the Rear Quarter Panels. Those little ducts on the side just look tacked on now.

jjw

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.shelbyparts.com
Vehicle(s)
'19 PP2, 05 STI 475whp, 04 cayenne turbo, Shelbys
I know they've kind of become a Z-06 styling cliché but what I don't understand on the 2015 Z-06 is that it already has Rear Brake Ducts integrated into the tops of the Rear Quarter Panels. Those little ducts on the side just look tacked on now.
The ducts on the top of the C7's quarters are for trans and diff coolers on the Z51 package.

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550

I'd have to disagree, the GT350 I tested was fitted perfectly. You may have seen the preproduction 2012's. The lower fascia used was a two piece, glued on I think. The one we drove had no defects at all.

Although, I never though about this... We drove the 624hp GT350, the SCCA N/A version may have quick swap hardware. Some screws and bolts may be visible on that version depending on how crazy they got with it. I never seen the SCCA car.

Rampant

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.rampantrenders.com
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
MBC (for now)
Interesting.... could the circled portion be vertical LEDs?

It also looks like some of the lower shapes are distinctly different than the "Regular" car -- but who knows with all the padding going on.

attachment.jpg
Just because I could play a little with those lines under the heavy cladding.... :)

The stripes might take a little tweaking (though I try to avoid the obvious/generic stripes), and I much prefer some of my previous front fascias (as all designers do), but it is fun to speculate what is under that foam and black camouflage.

crazyfastfreddy

sweetness man!

i would go for a different color but that design is very nice.
Sponsored