Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
then why the camo?
Because they are prototypes that were originally covered in the heavy "duvet" camo.....with the cow camo underneath.

There are plenty of other photos of prototype GT/Ecoboost/V6 cars running around with semi-cow camo.
Sponsored

S3XPanther

Threads
Reaction score
Because there aren't any cars built that are painted up, save for the show cars.

These camo cars are simply the vinyl-and-padding-covered prototypes with all of that taken off. (save for this mystery car, of course...)
I gotta ask, have you seen the hi po version (GT350/500/Cobra/whatever the hell ford wants to call it) without camo?

S550guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I can't get anything from anybody concerning unreleased info. Speculation is all I have. I know there will need to be at least two seperate turnkeys, one for IMSA and one for the SCCA. There is at least one OEM car, don't know if an R is needed.

If the OEM car is widely accepted in all the old Boss 302S classes... As is, that will be a huge leap forward. Far beyond the C6 Grand Sport and possibly beyond the Z06. That is something I'm eager to live with. It would force teams to buy the OEM car and convert it. Most need to do this to some degree now with the 302S.

If there is going to be a "Steed for every need", then I suspect Ford will pre-build class spec'd turnkeys... And they will need an different number just as the current 302R and 302R1 are marked. This isn't considering any possible efforts in Europes FIA. The Mustang has had a showing there in the last 10 years. I suspect it will be larger with the S550 because it is a better platform.

Speculation? Sure... but you can't say it's without some logic.
Fair enough, I also hope that this hi-po car goes that far into motorsports as well.

johnnyblack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S197
2015 Mustang - Ford Press Conference NYIAS-12.jpg

Another SVT prototype here. u can tell based on the covered wheels and the areas it is covered up. It's a crappy pic I know but it does seem like there's multiple ones out testing now....... maybe we'll actually see a strip show this time around. :shrug:
Screen Shot 2014-02-08 at 7.03.44 PM.jpg

Sponsored

S550guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Another SVT prototype here. u can tell based on the covered wheels and the areas it is covered up. It's a crappy pic I know but it does seem like there's multiple ones out testing now....... maybe we'll actually see a strip show this time around. :shrug:
Good find, looks like you're in the same state as me!

Darrinm03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT/CS
S550guy.....I have a top secret security clearance....would that help me snag some insider info? Fine, one time deal, send me a pic of the naked hi po, and I'll tell you where the bat cave is?

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 135is(sold)
S550guy.....I have a top secret security clearance....would that help me snag some insider info? Fine, one time deal, send me a pic of the naked hi po, and I'll tell you where the bat cave is?
Come to Mich...

johnnyblack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S197
Good find, looks like you're in the same state as me!
No I found that one, im a looong way from MI :). I WISH that was me who took the pic... u could be sure I would have followed it and gotten better pics and video.

Sponsored

S550guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I'm still laughing! Well played sir

OP
OP
Jarstang

Jarstang

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Here's another that was sent to us -- thanks to Blake C. It was spotted on Ocean Ave in Santa Monica.

2015-mustang-gt350.jpg

J.Darcy

Ford musta gotten sick of cold weather testing everywhere else in the country :)

Hey is it my imagination or does it look like the hood slopes more or the grill was dropped a bit compared to the regular 2015's?

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0
Ford musta gotten sick of cold weather testing everywhere else in the country :)

Hey is it my imagination or does it look like the hood slopes more or the grill was dropped a bit compared to the regular 2015's?

I bet they have padding beneath the camo.

S3XPanther

Threads
Reaction score
So the majority of people here believe it's N/A, correct? Some people over at SVT believe it'll be a bored out and blown 5.0 based motor with the heads from the GT. I'm aroused either way :D.
Sponsored