2011 Mustang 5.0

dabears2322

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2005 Infiniti G35 coupe
Our photographers caught a prototype of the next-generation 2015 Mustang GT350/GT500 running the streets of Dearborn with much less camouflage. The sunset light penetrates the front camouflage and shows the slit for the hood-mounted air-scoop. The front fender shows an air-permeable mesh panel to allow for the functional vent aft of the front wheel and the quad exhaust is clearly seen without any camouflage.

The prototype is running on 295/35/R19s.

*There are some sources that say the GT350 will debut in April at the NYIAS (still unconfirmed).

mustang50thedition-04-mr-1.jpg

mustang50thedition-09-mr-1.jpg

blue stang.jpg

2015 Mustang 50 Year Edition-14.jpg

2015 Mustang 50 Year Edition-15.jpg

2015 Mustang 50 Year Edition-4.jpg

2015 Mustang 50 Year Edition-5.jpg

2015 Mustang 50 Year Edition-1.jpg

2015 Mustang 50 Year Edition-2.jpg

2015 Mustang 50 Year Edition-3.jpg
In the 2nd and 3rd pics, if you look in the hole of the wheel, it looks like the rims are the ones we saw 4 months ago from the other spy photos.

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 135is(sold)
That's a bad assumption, Ford Dealers do sell Ford Racing Turnkey Racecars. Most pre-order quick because there is only a limited number. There is a Cobra Jet drag car at the Ford Dealership in Latrobe, PA right now, for sale, $109,000. The only 3 Boss 302S's I have seen were ordered from a dealership... Some teams order over the phone/internet. The GT350.R turnkey will be in dealerships...

I think your getting confused somewhere along the plan...

There will be two OEM cars, the Street Fighter and the R. The OEM "R" could go two ways.

1.) It could go along like Chevy did with the Z06 Carbon and z28. Offer the expensive equipment that is not permitted in racing. There are some people that would want that, some that wouldn't... I know I wouldn't want that as standard, but having that equipment as an option would be great for everyone. The Mustang's "R" would become the Corvette's "Carbon". This will also work down the road when (and if) a GT500KR is needed. "King of the Road" sure... The GT500 will be forced induction though, I see it taking the Cobra Jet's place eventually.

2.) The GT350R will return to take the place of the Boss 302 Laguna Seca. It will be a stripped down version of the GT350... Just a lot faster... and lower production numbers (over 500).

I personally like scenario #2 but, I think if people want that equipment. The Carbon Ceramic Brakes, Adjustable Shocks ect, ect... They could offer those components as options and leave the GT350 and GT350R as is.

The only issue is when multiple classes require unique GT350's. The only way to distinguish those models apart in the catalog would be to label them as I suggested.

R1, R2, R3, R4, R5 and how ever many more classes require different setups.

Edit: Rereading my previous post, I realized I never brought up dealerships... "Catalog" refers to Ford Racing.

You are just repeating yourself...

The R would have to come with a roll cage, etc.. so it is a non-issue and not part of any marketing campaign, etc.

The GT350 will replace the Boss 302 LS. But a mustang has no right trying to compete with a Z06, or stripper Corvette...

Trackaholic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 350Z, 2016 GT350, 2018 Pacifica Hybrid
I would almost bet money on this here. They were probably experimenting putting this hood on the GT's and decided to hold off and put it on the SVT vehicle. Having a hood like that on the GT might have been too aggresive of a hood from factory for the non SVT model. Plus, maybe im stupid, but if that GT350 is going to be available at the same time the other 2015 models will be, why are they calling it the 2016 GT350? obviously it wouldnt be available by the end of this year if it is actually a 2016 model. Or has it not yet been confirmed that the GT350 will be available with all the other models?
There were spy shots of the C7Z floating around prior to the launch of the regular C7, yet GM held off a full year before officially showing the Z06. I hope Ford spills the beans regarding the GT350 in April, but I expect a delayed release of at least 6 months (likely a year) after the "standard" Mustang is available. Going to be a tough wait.

-T

Sponsored

S550guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
That's a bad assumption, Ford Dealers do sell Ford Racing Turnkey Racecars. Most pre-order quick because there is only a limited number. There is a Cobra Jet drag car at the Ford Dealership in Latrobe, PA right now, for sale, $109,000. The only 3 Boss 302S's I have seen were ordered from a dealership... Some teams order over the phone/internet. The GT350.R turnkey will be in dealerships...

I think your getting confused somewhere along the plan...

There will be two OEM cars, the Street Fighter and the R. The OEM "R" could go two ways.

1.) It could go along like Chevy did with the Z06 Carbon and z28. Offer the expensive equipment that is not permitted in racing. There are some people that would want that, some that wouldn't... I know I wouldn't want that as standard, but having that equipment as an option would be great for everyone. The Mustang's "R" would become the Corvette's "Carbon". This will also work down the road when (and if) a GT500KR is needed. "King of the Road" sure... The GT500 will be forced induction though, I see it taking the Cobra Jet's place eventually.

2.) The GT350R will return to take the place of the Boss 302 Laguna Seca. It will be a stripped down version of the GT350... Just a lot faster... and lower production numbers (over 500).

I personally like scenario #2 but, I think if people want that equipment. The Carbon Ceramic Brakes, Adjustable Shocks ect, ect... They could offer those components as options and leave the GT350 and GT350R as is.

The only issue is when multiple classes require unique GT350's. The only way to distinguish those models apart in the catalog would be to label them as I suggested.

R1, R2, R3, R4, R5 and how ever many more classes require different setups.

Edit: Rereading my previous post, I realized I never brought up dealerships... "Catalog" refers to Ford Racing.
You sure do love to speculate...

S550guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Anything specific you'd like to address?
I got nothing..

Enjoying the creative thinking though!

This program isn't one I'm associated with anyway, so I know very little about it.

Drove one of the cars once, that's it. It's going to be an awesome package!

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
You sure do love to speculate...
I can't get anything from anybody concerning unreleased info. Speculation is all I have. I know there will need to be at least two seperate turnkeys, one for IMSA and one for the SCCA. There is at least one OEM car, don't know if an R is needed.

If the OEM car is widely accepted in all the old Boss 302S classes... As is, that will be a huge leap forward. Far beyond the C6 Grand Sport and possibly beyond the Z06. That is something I'm eager to live with. It would force teams to buy the OEM car and convert it. Most need to do this to some degree now with the 302S.

If there is going to be a "Steed for every need", then I suspect Ford will pre-build class spec'd turnkeys... And they will need an different number just as the current 302R and 302R1 are marked. This isn't considering any possible efforts in Europes FIA. The Mustang has had a showing there in the last 10 years. I suspect it will be larger with the S550 because it is a better platform.

Speculation? Sure... but you can't say it's without some logic.

Sponsored

fordmustangnerd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
does anyone kno if the other stang could be the mach 1? cause if u look closely the 1 in front has only 2 exhaust.

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 135is(sold)
I can't get anything from anybody concerning unreleased info. Speculation is all I have. I know there will need to be at least two seperate turnkeys, one for IMSA and one for the SCCA. There is at least one OEM car, don't know if an R is needed.

If the OEM car is widely accepted in all the old Boss 302S classes... As is, that will be a huge leap forward. Far beyond the C6 Grand Sport and possibly beyond the Z06. That is something I'm eager to live with. It would force teams to buy the OEM car and convert it. Most need to do this to some degree now with the 302S.

If there is going to be a "Steed for every need", then I suspect Ford will pre-build class spec'd turnkeys... And they will need an different number just as the current 302R and 302R1 are marked. This isn't considering any possible efforts in Europes FIA. The Mustang has had a showing there in the last 10 years. I suspect it will be larger with the S550 because it is a better platform.

Speculation? Sure... but you can't say it's without some logic.
You are forgetting that Ford's biggest sales will be on the streets, not on the track... , that is secondary to what anyone is talking about, not upfront and center.

What GT350's will we see on the roads..? Speculate...

S550guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
then why the camo?
Because there aren't any cars built that are painted up, save for the show cars.

These camo cars are simply the vinyl-and-padding-covered prototypes with all of that taken off. (save for this mystery car, of course...)
Sponsored