Sponsored

2015 Mustang GT Versus 2014 Mustang GT Comparison

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 135is(sold)
From what I've read/heard, the only "mention" has that it consistently performs as good or better around the track than the B302LS. Nothing official regarding straight line performance at all.

Seriously, let's all quit making absolute statements before ANYONE we know has been able to even drive one. People read this stuff and then later can't remember what was fact and what was fiction.

Really..? :headbonk:

If you that kind of knucklehead, then bigger rear tires is all you need. We already know it is the best performing Mustang.

Mind you, the BOSS 302 was an expensive car. A $37k Mustang will hang with that.. which makes it the best performing GT, & is more than most will need. Additionally.. those who seek a specific HP # are the same people who can't use the first 435hp they have.
Sponsored

Tim Hilliard

Happy Owner
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Guard 300A PP Recaro
You wont see the BIG improvements in performance until the next camaro arrives.

Old rule of thumb was always 100 pounds = 1/10th sec in 1/4 mile. GT gained less than that and has more torque and HP and the ability in theory to put the power down with less axle tramp.

Answer: Will not be slower than a '14.

JoeDogInKC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
Triple Yellow 2015 GT Premium w/PP
Nice. Here's your statement...

the s550 based 2015 Mustang, will (ie: does) outperform the previous versions. (Period!)
Your comment says "outperform", not "outperform in certain areas". We simply don't know that for sure yet. So, you are making absolute statements which are based on your forum racer opinion.

You might recall that I asked in a different thread if you were an "insider" because almost everything you post comes with an assertion that it's 100% true and there is no room for interpretation. I'm simply asking that if you aren't 100% sure, then say something like "I think" or "I hope" so that people don't take what you say as the absolute truth.

5.0GT

Threads
Reaction score
Old rule of thumb was always 100 pounds = 1/10th sec in 1/4 mile. GT gained less than that and has more torque and HP and the ability in theory to put the power down with less axle tramp.

Answer: Will not be slower than a '14.
Depends on how that IRS will react on the street from a hard launch. Numbers are nice but real world is the answer and we dont know that yet. That being said, Ford will up the game alot more when the next camaro's HP figures are released. I could care less about stock numbers anways, Im supercharged pushing close to 677 rwhp and ready for the hellcat.

Tim Hilliard

Happy Owner
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Guard 300A PP Recaro
Depends on how that IRS will react on the street from a hard launch. Numbers are nice but real world is the answer.
Exactly, depends on how Ford mapped the software as well, launch control etc. If Ford made it beefy maybe it will allow us to get a hard hit off the line. If not it will be like having an auto LOL. Seeing my car will show up in Dec, I don't think it will launch very well in Massachusetts until about May ;)

Ford has plenty of IRS experience so I'm pretty sure it won't suck like Brent's Challenger :gossip:

Sponsored

M3hunter

Threads
Reaction score
I like better the actual rear pony emblem cap than the new plain GT letters.
But from top and side takes the new '15 looks like a killer mustang.
I just hope that in the handling department, the '15 Mustang has better handling than the current Camaro 1LE and also better than the new '16 competition Camaro that is also on the way.

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 135is(sold)
Nice. Here's your statement...

Your comment says "outperform", not "outperform in certain areas". We simply don't know that for sure yet. So, you are making absolute statements which are based on your forum racer opinion.

You might recall that I asked in a different thread if you were an "insider" because almost everything you post comes with an assertion that it's 100% true and there is no room for interpretation. I'm simply asking that if you aren't 100% sure, then say something like "I think" or "I hope" so that people don't take what you say as the absolute truth.
Sorry, you are wrong.

The BOSS is a serious car.. we know the value of that, opposed to the new s550. A lower center of gravity alone, will make it a much more competent car, if that all Ford's engineers did. But it isn't & they went on & on.. 100% new matter-of-fact.

Also, an engine doesn't make a car, how all of the engineering works together,.. does.

I know that this s550 is better around the track...

...You also know this, but unable to wrap your head around what a BOSS 302 is, and even if the run-of-the-mill GT W/PP matches it.. that GT becomes the best evAr..

If you need moAr ego in 0~60, you can drop psi, or get moAr beef. If you hitting the nurb, then you don't do nothing except drive... & maybe take lessons.

Coincidentally, engineering tells us a lot.. so does physics. The s550 is better, therefore/ergo: what is built on top of it, is better.

That is called logic..

Tim Hilliard

Happy Owner
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Guard 300A PP Recaro
Coincidentally, engineering tells us a lot.. so does physics. The s550 is better, therefore/ergo: what is built on top of it, is better.

That is called logic..
I agree with this statement 100%..but I am also an insider like you ;)

But I've been called a fan boy even though I would have bought a 1LE if dealers would actually order them properly.

Tim Hilliard

Happy Owner
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Guard 300A PP Recaro
Thanks Falcman. I do understand the rear track being wider for bigger hips from an aesthetic point of view but it's interesting to me that the ratio of the front to rear is so skewed now. There has to be some engineering reasons behind it I would think, or at least they must have considered the physics issues this would cause.
Pushing the tires out as far as possible gives more room in the cabin and helps handling (low and wide) while keeping the cabin (greenhouse)as narrow as possible (slippery in the wind) Think of a Daytona Prototype...or the C7. Plus is just looks cool :) More room for optimized IRS geometry.

Sponsored

Brent302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP
Ford has plenty of IRS experience so I'm pretty sure it won't suck like Brent's Challenger :gossip:
I'm suffering from WHS.....Wheel Hop Syndrome.....I need 5.0mg dosage of S550.....see what I did there? Lol

JoeDogInKC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
Triple Yellow 2015 GT Premium w/PP
Sorry, you are wrong.

The BOSS is a serious car.. we know the value of that, opposed to the new s550. A lower center of gravity alone, will make it a much more competent car, if that all Ford's engineers did. But it isn't & they went on & on.. 100% new matter-of-fact.

Also, an engine doesn't make a car, how all of the engineering works together,.. does.

I know that this s550 is better around the track...

...You also know this, but unable to wrap your head around what a BOSS 302 is, and even if the run-of-the-mill GT W/PP matches it.. that GT becomes the best evAr..

If you need moAr ego in 0~60, you can drop psi, or get moAr beef. If you hitting the nurb, then you don't do nothing except drive... & maybe take lessons.

That is called logic..
I don't know what it is that you can't wrap your head around.

1. I KNOW that the BOSS is a serious car.
2. I KNOW that the 2015 is a BETTER car than the S197.
3. IDGAF if it's faster than the S197 stock for stock in 0 - 60.

This is a new IRS system and none of us have gotten to drive one, let alone push one hard. When you make a statement that it is going to outperform the previous model(s), you are insinuating that it will outperform it in EVERY. SINGLE. WAY.

We don't know that at this point because we haven't even read a review from a professional driver.

All of that said, I don't disagree that it will VERY LIKELY be better in all areas. I'm just not going to say with certainty that it will until it's been tested and proven to be so.

5.0GT

Threads
Reaction score
I don't know what it is that you can't wrap your head around.

1. I KNOW that the BOSS is a serious car.
2. I KNOW that the 2015 is a BETTER car than the S197.
3. IDGAF if it's faster than the S197 stock for stock in 0 - 60.

This is a new IRS system and none of us have gotten to drive one, let alone push one hard. When you make a statement that it is going to outperform the previous model(s), you are insinuating that it will outperform it in EVERY. SINGLE. WAY.

We don't know that at this point because we haven't even read a review from a professional driver.

All of that said, I don't disagree that it will VERY LIKELY be better in all areas. I'm just not going to say with certainty that it will until it's been tested and proven to be so.
Even if it does or doesnt, you would make a fine sales pitch ;)

ilkhan

435 ilkhan approved HP.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
[Gone 2016 400A] > 2017 F150
Having just got back from a (extremely brief) test drive of a '14 GT, all I can say is that the '15 is going to be fucking awesome and that the coyote is a beast.
Sponsored