AT THE END OF THIS ONE>
[ame]
Sponsored

Rickycardo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT auto
Easy guys, don't slip the clutch too much on her. That Magnetic convertible is mine. :love:

MYs197

If we're collecting sound clips of the engine can't forget these...

[ame]

[ame]

I'm assuming the sound is not yet final. The 5.0 sounds different in a lot of these videos and in a few of them it sounds downright quiet. :tsk:

mrkrabz

Threads
Reaction score
All of these videos are rather pointless since the tune hasn't been finalized yet. It could come out sounding completely different for the production model. These are all prototypes.

Just basing on these though, imo I like the sound of the current gen better. It's more rumbley and sounds more like a v8. It's to quiet in these videos.

Sponsored

GTsquid

How do you know the exhaust sound hasn't been finalized?

The videos are not pointless because this is very close to what the final note is going to sound like. Most of that testing was done very early on with the S550 mules and early prototypes. Remember this?

Ford is already prepping FRAP for prototype builds. At this point nearly everything should be very close to production spec.

mrkrabz

Threads
Reaction score
How do you know the exhaust sound hasn't been finalized?

The videos are not pointless because this is very close to what the final note is going to sound like. Most of that testing was done very early on with the S550 mules and early prototypes. Remember this?

Ford is already prepping FRAP for prototype builds. At this point nearly everything should be very close to production spec.

I don't think they aren't measuring sound of the exhaust note there, they are measuring how loud the engine is for legal reasons. (Cars can't be over a certain noise level) Plus, that was very early in the build. I doubt that was the final test they did on that area.

Wild Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Mustang GT
I don't think they aren't measuring sound of the exhaust note there, they are measuring how loud the engine is for legal reasons. (Cars can't be over a certain noise level) Plus, that was very early in the build. I doubt that was the final test they did on that area.
That doesn't look to me like they're measuring noise level. Manufacturers use mics like that typically for fine-tuning exhaust notes.

Melino

[ame]

A little rumble in the beginning and at 3mins. Also see the reverse lights and sequential tails in action.
Sponsored