Sponsored

2015 Mustang GT Convertible looking for 9s 1/4's

v8ter

Typing...
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MUSTANG GT 2015 50TH
Installed 3.0 pulley last night. For the first time I can hear the whipple singing

Again, congrats on getting it this far, Im really happy for you, cant wait to be there myself AND THAT WHISTLE!!! I really need that!!! How does it sound at wot from the inside?

Sponsored

08StangGT_CS

Fight The Urge to Boost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Race Red No Options
Awesome build man. Congrats!!!!

OP
OP

doodguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Roush Stage 1 Supercharged Mustang GT
Awesome build man. Congrats!!!!
Thanks!!!

This is long overdue, but I'll post some updates here.

I went WOT back in June, and during the run my whipple belt broke, and car over heated. I didn't realize what was happening, but it was acting like someone was unplugging/plugging battery. I pulled over, popped hood, coolant was everywhere, noticed belt had broken. Thankfully had a spare at home, let car cool a bit put belt on drove home which was only a few blocks away.

Next morning took for a drive and heard a knocking soon as I started it up. I thought something was up with the whipple head unit from the sound of it. Pulled belt knocking went away. I sent the head unit to whipple they inspected and rebuilt it said all is good.

Got the whipple back, put it on, fired the car up, and knock was still there. Pulled belt again, and this time knock remained. Pulled motor, took to Kesatie Motorsports in Sarasota, FL and they found a few of my cylinders had egged out a little, likely due to high boost and car over heating.

So as of this writing, engine is getting sleeved, and swapping my Mahle Pistons/Manley rods (they are for sale if interested *wink*) going to Wiseco pistons and I beam rods for added strength. I also ordered comp stage 2 blower cams, along with a whipple Gen 3 head unit.

its gonna be a while still after I get motor back as I have to put everything together, go through tune with Lund, and get all the kinks worked out. I'll try to find time to post more updates here as things progress.

08StangGT_CS

Fight The Urge to Boost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That's awesome. Saw you post on the whipple thread and came and read your build thread. I had said that I was going to keep this car fairly simple but I'm so tempted to just boost it.

OP
OP

doodguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That's awesome. Saw you post on the whipple thread and came and read your build thread. I had said that I was going to keep this car fairly simple but I'm so tempted to just boost it.
Definitely do it haha

Sponsored

08StangGT_CS

Fight The Urge to Boost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Definitely do it haha
Forgot I had been through your thread already but anyways, I listened!

Hows the engine build coming along.

OP
OP

doodguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Forgot I had been through your thread already but anyways, I listened!

Hows the engine build coming along.
This thread is due for some updates just been super busy. At Any rate, thanks for checking in!

Motor is now sleeved. Went with wiseco pistons and i beam rods and comp stage 2 blower cams. Its sitting in the car right now with whipple gen3 sitting on top. Found small fuel leak on driver rail im fixing tonight and putting trans in tomorrow. Should get first start on new motor next week, and then tuning starts.

Should have some dyno numbers info next few weeks!!

Per your sig looks like you went TT?? Great choice if so! In couple years ill likely put in some kind of custom roll cage, go auto, tt, add parachute.

Interested to see if i am capable of driving this combo to 9s as a manual.

WhiteyDog

WOOF!!!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT PP
D*mn, dat some good sh*t. Good to hear it's coming together, again.

spogshd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 convertible
Vehicle Showcase
Man don't give up on this thread keep it coming brotha.

OP
OP

doodguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks! So I got car back together. Been going through some soul searching on this.

I have the sleeved motor in with gen3 whipple, and comp stage 2 blower cams. I went out to the dyno w/ 3.3 pulley made 893 wheel. Had a crank seal fail and oil was on the belt when I did that dyno pull. I was disappointed with the number to be honest.

I'm now running 3.0 pulley and need to get back out to the dyno to see what its making. Haven't had time to do that.

I've been doing some thinking/considering buying a auto/coupe mustang, swapping engine etc over. I've also considered swapping this car to auto. It would be easily a second faster.

I'm currently working on my MBA and to be honest mustang has been on the back burner unfortunately because I am not going to the track right now. Trying to pay it off recoup some money before I risk breaking anything else major.
Sponsored