2015 Mustang GT After Market Subwoofers

Kevin65469

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang Gt Premium 50th Year
Hello all I have recently Purchased a 2015 Mustang Gt and have 2 12” Skar Audi subs and a 2000w amp I tapped into the rear speaker harness and used the rear speakers for the Remote and RCA cables using a line output converter. I had the subs in my previous car and they would vibrate the whole trunk and mirrors. When I started to play a song they are working but It’s about 1/4th of the bass. Does anyone know if I have to do anything different or if there’s a setting on the radio to change it or has anyone had this issue before? Thanks
Sponsored

agjake03

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jake
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium
I don't know a lot about this, but I think if you look around you will find that you have to pull signal from front speakers for full bass.

ShaneFromLethal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shane
Vehicle(s)
2008 Chevy Tahoe LTZ
Hello all I have recently Purchased a 2015 Mustang Gt and have 2 12” Skar Audi subs and a 2000w amp I tapped into the rear speaker harness and used the rear speakers for the Remote and RCA cables using a line output converter. I had the subs in my previous car and they would vibrate the whole trunk and mirrors. When I started to play a song they are working but It’s about 1/4th of the bass. Does anyone know if I have to do anything different or if there’s a setting on the radio to change it or has anyone had this issue before? Thanks

Hey Jake, the previous comment should be correct. Wire that output converter to the front speaker and you should have more of the bass. My suggestion would be, do a new head unit in the car, it would be a lot better then the output converter. The bass would be a lot cleaner and sound better.

OP
OP
Kevin65469

Kevin65469

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
Hey Jake, the previous comment should be correct. Wire that output converter to the front speaker and you should have more of the bass. My suggestion would be, do a new head unit in the car, it would be a lot better then the output converter. The bass would be a lot cleaner and sound better.
I saw a forum on another website that was talking about FORScam would that work at all too?

ShaneFromLethal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shane
Vehicle(s)
2008 Chevy Tahoe LTZ
I saw a forum on another website that was talking about FORScam would that work at all too?

I don't know much about that one, so I am not sure if that would work or not. But like I said previously, I would either recommend putting a new headunit in the car or wiring the converter to the front speakers to get more of the bass.

Sponsored

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
First thing to check is your fader control. Is it set half way between front and rear? If that doesn't help then try the Forscan programming to get rid of the bass roll-off. I would not change the head unit on a Premium GT. The head units in these cars are more than adequate to drive an aftermarket stereo or sub woofer system.

ACM (Audio Control Module): 727-01-02 00xx - First two digits we want set to 0. This disables any EQ Processing, bass roll-off etc. (tone controls will still function as normal) Leave all other digits as-is.

The rear channels will now be receiving a full-range signal and you should have much deeper and louder bass.

OP
OP
Kevin65469

Kevin65469

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
First thing to check is your fader control. Is it set half way between front and rear? If that doesn't help then try the Forscan programming to get rid of the bass roll-off. I would not change the head unit on a Premium GT. The head units in these cars are more than adequate to drive an aftermarket stereo or sub woofer system.

ACM (Audio Control Module): 727-01-02 00xx - First two digits we want set to 0. This disables any EQ Processing, bass roll-off etc. (tone controls will still function as normal) Leave all other digits as-is.

The rear channels will now be receiving a full-range signal and you should have much deeper and louder bass.
Thanks I ordered the OBDLink to hook up to my computer and hopefully should have it working within the week and let yah know

missile_pilot

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
Did it on my 15 GT and the difference was night and day. Also use it to turn off the double honk when door is shut while running without key.

Blwnsmoke

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
I redid my whole system (kept factory head unit). The key to it was to tap in prior to the amplifier and run a clean signal to the aftermarket amplifier in the trunk. There was a member on here that made a custom plug n play wire harness that p
Read through this as this should help you out depending on what sound system you have factory.

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/stereo-install-questions.157032/#post-3198230

Rick#7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT 50 Years Appearance Package
The oem head unit is actually capable of providing a very clean full range signal, unfortunately it's saddled with crap EQ settings and signal roll off in the factory programming for numerous reasons that have nothing to do with good sound quality. There's been a lot of discussion here about it being to protect the cheap oem speakers from blowing out, but I think there's more to it than that.

In any case, try searching the infotainment forum here, there's a lot of threads on the subject of weak bass and correcting the crap sounding rear speakers. Forscan can make a big improvement, but there's also some threads about disconnecting some hidden mics inside the car that are supposed to be for some type of noise cancelling system played through the speakers but in reality it just adds distortion and cuts bass, and disconnecting the mics is supposed to disable that to make stereo sound better.
Sponsored