2015 Mustang Full Dealer Product Guide!

stangs-R-me

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
1969 GT & 2016 EB Mustangs
Note post 128 on this same thread seems to say that Navigation includes the HD radio, so that is why I am not sure. Wondering if somebody could confirm it somehow.
HD Radio comes with the EB Premium 201A or GT Premium 401A Equipment Group option ... written clear as day on pages 7 & 12 in the Order Guide ... just as GiddyUp15 just highlighted above.

The 91N "Voice Activated Navigation" is all that is part of it's description.

Doug
Sponsored

Seabee1973

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium/PP and 2006 F150 FX4
Can anybody confirm that if you order the 400A package with a 91N navigation feature for an extra $795, do you get HD radio included? I was going to order navigation for this reason, but my dealer said you can use your phone for navigation, so don't bother. I'd pay the extra just to get an HD radio as this integrated radio is not something I want to replace anytime soon. I'd rather just get a better radio from the start.

I'm also hoping hooking up an aftermarket amp in the trunk to the factory radio is not too difficult (not sure if the factory radio on the 400A has line outputs for an amp).

Navigation has nothing to do with the radio at all. HD Radio is with the 401a pkg. if getting the GT ... I hope you realize that HD does not mean high definition radio. It is just a medium that if your local broadcast stations for example KDGE has a HD Broadcast... depending on the program, you have the ability to select the type of music ALMOST like the Sirius/XM Radio. Not all stations support it analog or digital... Sound quality might be better but you are still limited to the broadcast strength:thumbsup:

stangs-R-me

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
Well, I see where maybe the confusion comes from with Navigation and HD Radio.

On page 42 of the "Dealer Source Book" it states:

"Voice-activated Navigation System with SiriusXM Traffic, SiriusXM Travel Link and HD Radio Capability"
Then the 1st bullet is:
"* Includes Shaker audio system with HD Radio capability"

So maybe not as cut & dry as we all thought ... it's a mystery !!

Doug

GiddyUp15

YMR Member #585
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danny
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Convertible

"Voice-activated Navigation System with SiriusXM Traffic, SiriusXM Travel Link and HD Radio Capability"
Then the 1st bullet is:

Doug
That is true, the source book is a little misleading....as is much of everything that Ford's exquisite marketing department puts out....:frusty:

Seabee1973

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium/PP and 2006 F150 FX4

Then the 1st bullet is:

Doug
What that quoted was the compatibility with HD radio It is not stating that is comes with it

Sponsored

Mustang_Owner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP Roush
I guess it could mean navigation is compatible with shaker audio system and HD radio instead of meaning navigation comes with HD radio and shaker audio. The wording is very confusing to me. I checked the 2015 owner's manual for clarification, but it does not tell you what options HD radio comes with. Of course, I know they want you to buy the 401A package for the HD radio, but was hoping buying the lower cost navigation feature sneeks HD radio into a 400A package.

Also, my radio stations here in South Florida are limited to around 1/2 Spanish, 1/4 Rap, and 1/4 of 'other'. Of the 'other' stations, there are 3 or so I don't mind that much. Without the few extra stations of HD radio, I really don't get any English stations that play much 80s or 90s music anymore.

I didn't want to pay $10/mo for XM/Sirius, but I can use my phone to stream internet stations through my radio for free instead. Hoping the radio will Bluetooth connect over A2DP headset profile to my phone so I can stream live internet radio to my car without the cable. If I get the USB port on the option 400A, I could just plug a USB jump drive in (with 1000s of songs - but I read in the owners manual it only reads up to 250 songs - hope that was only for a CD with MP3) and use that for the music. But I'm really limited on local stations and like the few extra HD radio stations I get with that feature.

stangs-R-me

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
Mustang_Owner ...

You'll have FREE SiriusXM for 6 months and if you let it lapse, they beg you to come back within a few months with 6 months for $25 (Under $30 w/ taxes). Before the end of the 6-Month period, call to cancel and they will offer to extend the $25/6-mo deal ... I did this for like 2 years. Last time I really wanted to quit (it became like listening to top-40, as all the stations tend to play a limited set of songs within their category), and their "best we can do" down graded offer for 5 months for $25 was the straw that broke the camel's back.

I did Pandora for a couple of weeks in my car and that was MUCH BETTER than SiriusXM in both SOUND QUALITY and obviously content since it is my obscure playlist of bands. However it is DATA HOG and I only have a 300 MB plan so that was not working for me. Upgrading my phone to a 2GB plan would be $10 / month (double what I was paying for SiriusXM) ...plus using Pandora too much would get me out of the FREE plan and into their $4 / month plan so I was trying to avoid that too.

I'm now back to listening to my 300+ CD collection ... I did also buy an extension cable for the hidden USB port ('11-up Premiums have this), but just have not gotten around to loading all my music into my computer so I can put on a thumb drive.

Doug

fionic

spaghettios and cheerios
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT PP
Mustang_Owner ...

You'll have FREE SiriusXM for 6 months and if you let it lapse, they beg you to come back within a few months with 6 months for $25 (Under $30 w/ taxes). Before the end of the 6-Month period, call to cancel and they will offer to extend the $25/6-mo deal ... I did this for like 2 years. Last time I really wanted to quit (it became like listening to top-40, as all the stations tend to play a limited set of songs within their category), and their "best we can do" down graded offer for 5 months for $25 was the straw that broke the camel's back.

I did Pandora for a couple of weeks in my car and that was MUCH BETTER than SiriusXM in both SOUND QUALITY and obviously content since it is my obscure playlist of bands. However it is DATA HOG and I only have a 300 MB plan so that was not working for me. Upgrading my phone to a 2GB plan would be $10 / month (double what I was paying for SiriusXM) ...plus using Pandora too much would get me out of the FREE plan and into their $4 / month plan so I was trying to avoid that too.

I'm now back to listening to my 300+ CD collection ... I did also buy an extension cable for the hidden USB port ('11-up Premiums have this), but just have not gotten around to loading all my music into my computer so I can put on a thumb drive.

Doug
have you ever heard of an mp3 player?

GiddyUp15

YMR Member #585
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danny
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Convertible
Sync works great with a jump drive. I bought one just to keep in the car at all times that is 16GB and has about half my music collection on it. You can get 32GB and 64GB jump drives cheap nowadays....Best Buy has them on "Deal of the Day" a lot for a good deal. (Download their app on your phone)

Sponsored

stangs-R-me

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
Read the last sentence in his post again. He doesn't have his music collection ripped yet, so an MP3 player isn't going to help him.
Thanks, yes that is why !!

Doug

stangs-R-me

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
Sync works great with a jump drive. I bought one just to keep in the car at all times that is 16GB and has about half my music collection on it. You can get 32GB and 64GB jump drives cheap nowadays....Best Buy has them on "Deal of the Day" a lot for a good deal. (Download their app on your phone)
That is what I had heard from numerous people and why I bought that extension cable !!

I also bought both a 32GB & 64GB when they were on sale (along with a few 8GB & 16GB I've got laying around too) but just have not had the time to get my music loaded into my computer ... some day.

Pandora helped push off my plans for "music on a thumb drive" too. I just love the way it mixes up all my music and throws in stuff I've never heard from both my artists and other obscure bands I've never heard of. Not going to get that out of my music collection !!

Doug

Mustang_Owner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP Roush
I have 64GB drive with lots of MP3s, but not sure if the radio can only load the first 250 of them. Also, I have unlimited data on my cell phone so I don't mind the internet radio station streaming (much better selection of internet radio stations than anywhere else). However, does the radio look like a Bluetooth stereo A2DP headset to the phone so that you can wirelessly stream stereo audio from your phone to your radio as well as get speakerphone calls?

My original intention was to hollow out the 7" screen for an in-dash 7" touch screen computer that wirelessly connects to my wi-fi hotspot on my phone, then use the in-dash computer for in-car internet, FM radio/Digital TV with a tuner card, and even skype video phone calls with a small camera. I can also use the in-dash computer for recording video from a dash cam. However, I don't want to waste the 7" console screen and Ford infotainment system - maybe someday.

Rob00GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT Ragtop
Is there a newer version of the dealer sourcebook available? I noticed several items in the one linked in original post are now outdated.
Sponsored