2015 Mustang Eco Convertible Lowered.

BrianGT2015

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP, 2015 Mustang Eco Convertible
I have a 2015 Mustang GT and a 2015 Mustang eco convertible. The 2015 Eco rides like crap and sits maybe a half inch lower than the GT judging by the mirror when they are side by side. My GT is a performance pack car. The eco is not. I bought the car the way it is. Do lowering springs cause a harsh ride?

The convertible has no cushion to it. You feel every bump and road imperfection. When you push on the fender is does not bounce up and down. Come to think of it it does not have to much downward motion in it at all. Ideas, thoughts, give me something to check before I start tearing it apart this winter. I plan on fixing anything wrong with it this winter when I start changing the rear wheel bearings.
Sponsored

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
Yes - highly likely. Your lowering springs are stiffer and have shorter travel, if it's on the stock shocks the whole thing is probably underdamped as well.

OP
OP
BrianGT2015

BrianGT2015

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
Yes - highly likely. Your lowering springs are stiffer and have shorter travel, if it's on the stock shocks the whole thing is probably underdamped as well.
So what kind of shocks should I be using. That was a theory. I need to figure out what springs are on there. How do I get it dampened. Do I just start from scratch tear it out and start again?

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
So what kind of shocks should I be using. That was a theory. I need to figure out what springs are on there. How do I get it dampened. Do I just start from scratch tear it out and start again?
If you want ride improvement, just install stock springs unless you're dead set on the "lowered" look. Dampers - some kind of aftermarket ones - adjustable Konis, Bilsteins for example - all depends what your end goal is.

OP
OP
BrianGT2015

BrianGT2015

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
prolly going to just go back stock.
Sponsored