Are those correct HP numbers?

JoeDogInKC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
Triple Yellow 2015 GT Premium w/PP
Ok, I'm hoping too! I was kind of expecting more of a HP increase and less of TQ increase, but that's quite good! I was guessing 400 - 410 TQ and around 450 HP.

Clink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Focus
Yeah that TQ # would be awesome, once the tuners get a hold of it should be interesting.

My guess was 440/400...

Sponsored

viva

Threads
Reaction score
I talked with the local dealer to confirm my pricing and casually asked him about his best guess on the HP....The 440 came from him....but hey...that would be awesome. As far as the torque...It might be a bit high and in fact closer to the 400-410 range.

...But the EcoBoost should be close to my posting of 310 HP and 325-330 Ft lbs Torque. Ford has been pumping it up too much to be anything less.

There have been new advancements and 50 years to work on the all those ponies....and squeezing out as much torque to satisfy the drag racers and anyone else who didn't want the solid axle to go bye bye. That...and what a great way to show that the IRS can take all that "plant you in your seat and hold on" Torque.

440 with 425 from the GT is doable; so let's hope so.... and give the new 2015 /2016 Camaro that is probably past the " how much power will this have" design stage a very good beating. In fact...that is probably the exact reason why Ford is being so tight lipped about the HP and mileage specs.....they don't want GM to do any redesign or number matching until it is too late. I really think that the new Alfo based Camaro will be smaller....lighter and more agile than the current model. Let's just hope they don't change the look too much. Both cars have their own character.

The V6 Camaro had its time on top...but now it is Mustang's turn to gallop all over GM. All in fun though....I really would love to see a race next year when both new cars are finished and we can all say....... " Let's get Ready to Rumble !! "

RoryTate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB
So apparently the take-away is that even dealers can pull numbers out of their asses.

Chameleon

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ebay.com
Vehicle(s)
03' Cobra, 05' GT, 13' GT, 15' GT
Sorry....I added the US price on the equipment packages 201A and 401A
Canada charges $200 more ($1995)

Please see revised PDF attached
Edit, thanks Clink

dkf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda3
Not sure if this has been posted anywhere, but unhaggle.com has all the Canadian package and option pricing up (build and price doesn't seem to be working on ford.ca yet).

Sponsored

Devon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
So from the PDF here ... it looks like the only way to get the GT with PP and the auto tranny is to buy the LE - there is no exclusion mentioned for that the way there is for the base and Premium GTs.

Devon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Wow - equipped as I'd want it (Ruby Red GT Premium, PP, Recaros, parking assist, nav) I'll be looking at $49,499. OUCH. Seriously expensive - an extra $5k is going to get me into a smaller, lighter M2 next year, and it will eat the Stang alive in every respect expect (perhaps) the quarter mile - and the exhaust note. Plus 4 years of free maintenance... and better resale.

OP
OP

Mark's M

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
'15 L.E. Auto WW
Wow - equipped as I'd want it (Ruby Red GT Premium, PP, Recaros, parking assist, nav) I'll be looking at $49,499. OUCH. Seriously expensive - an extra $5k is going to get me into a smaller, lighter M2 next year, and it will eat the Stang alive in every respect expect (perhaps) the quarter mile - and the exhaust note. Plus 4 years of free maintenance... and better resale.
If you think you'll be able to buy an M2 in Canada for $55k CDN, you've been seriously misinformed about what the pricing is expected to be. A loaded M235 (and you'd have to get it fully optioned to match the content of a GT the way you want it) lists for about $60k CDN right now so next years M2 will be cheaper??? A properly optioned M2 will be at least $70k.
Sponsored