Sponsored

2015+ GT350 Mustang official power specs: 526 HP / 429 LB-FT!

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
Just more confirmation that the Voodoo isn't a one-off. It's a new engine platform.

I'm guessing we will see a few iterations of these.

Considering what it is RIGHT NOW, it's pure awesome.

But it's also got a ton more in it. It's simply not time to press it further.

So glad Ford somehow made this car in the price range of mere mortals such as myself.

It's a thing of brutal beauty in every way.

Right about now is the time when I'd extol the potential of this baby with forced induction. But I don't want to look past what's in fron of us today.

Quite possibly the best track car America has ever produced with more than 2 seats.

At the very least it's the most impressive NA engine ever produced in the USA.

Kudos Ford. Unbelievable.
Sponsored

matrix243

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor & Lightning
So this was probably covered already but does anyonesee this as sort of a homage to the cosworth era with ford? Like the high strung dohc v8's of the old F1's?

OP
OP
Todd15Fastback

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback

Sponsored

jeremygnaz

ford fanatic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
jeremy
Vehicle(s)
2011 ford fusion sport white
Was hoping for 535HP to be 100 over a GT. Not terrible, but not exciting either.
I have to disagree. I think it's very impressive! You gotta remember that this engine is only .2 liters bigger and is making just about 100 horse power more than the GT. This car isn't about being a horsepower king and tire shredding torque. It's more about being a car that can get you around the track or a back road extremely quick. Trying to take something with power like a gt500 around a back road is hard and you can't use all that power until you get to a long straight. Plus as they stated the power band is very broad which is great for cornering because you can go into many types of corners at varying rims and still beagle to use that power.

If your looking for something with more power ice heard that they ate working on a GT500.:D

matrix243

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor & Lightning
Didn't it truly start with ford when the cammer was designed? I know they probably weren't the first to design overhead cam v8 (cadillac I think), but they knew they had something there.

OP
OP
Todd15Fastback

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
Didn't it truly start with ford when the cammer was designed? I know they probably weren't the first to design overhead cam v8 (cadillac I think), but they knew they had something there.
The cammer was a bad, bad MOFO. Unbelievably badass.

Stingray23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 SVT Raptor
Finally, the Mustang of my dreams comes to life.

Sponsored

Mr Monte

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT Premium
LOL! How many Mustangers frequent road courses? I've been around Mustangs my entire life and have never known a single one who ever did that once.
My last track day there were 3 2013/14 Mustang GTs (2 with Roush upgrades). During our 2nd 20 min session all the Mustangs had brake fade to the point they all went off the track. I would love to get a 2015 GTPP on a road course to play with.

The numbers on the 5.2 should make for a fun track car. There are better choices for the street or drags. The big question is still the weight??????

OP
OP
Todd15Fastback

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
My last track day there were 3 2013/14 Mustang GTs (2 with Roush upgrades). During our 2nd 20 min session all the Mustangs had brake fade to the point they all went off the track. I would love to get a 2015 GTPP on a road course to play with.
Lots of feedback on the forum about how great the GTPP 6 piston Brembo's are during their track day sessions. This feedback is from skilled drivers, too.

TorkN8R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium Ingot Silver Auto W/3.55's
I'm sure they thought of that. People been driving them in Cali for a while on test runs. The spec power numbers and mpg will be with 93 octane
Agreed! Some people don't realize that the 435 HP and 400 TQ in the GT was obtained with 93 Oct. So in CA. Our numbers are a bit lower, not sure how much though. Obviously the GT350's will run on 91 Oct. They just won't put out the
526HP and 429 TQ.

Still...I for one am very proud of this American Product. It is going to prove to be a game changer.

aguilar310

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Boss 302 #1235
Here is a good look at the radio delete on the R
Screen Shot 2015-06-02 at 7.59.56 PM.jpg

Bossing

attacks tracks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)