Sponsored

2015 GT Premium Radio, Driving Modes and Center Screen Shut Off

Bullitt17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I searched on here and couldn't find anything that is similar to what is happening to me. I drove my car for the first time in a week today (winter beater is getting a timing belt replaced). The temps here are cold, in the single digits. I let it warm up slightly before taking off. About 100 feet from my house, the radio, heated seats and heater all shut off. A message also appeared that said "Driving Mode Unavailable". This stayed like this for about 5 seconds and everything came back on as normal. Then again about 10 minutes later, I was on the highway and the same thing happened. The car drove fine and the engine did not shut off while this was happening. My tach and speedometer worked during this as well.

Any ideas? Do i attribute this to the cold or do I have a bigger issue at hand?

Thanks in advance.
Sponsored

mc68386

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium
I searched on here and couldn't find anything that is similar to what is happening to me. I drove my car for the first time in a week today (winter beater is getting a timing belt replaced). The temps here are cold, in the single digits. I let it warm up slightly before taking off. About 100 feet from my house, the radio, heated seats and heater all shut off. A message also appeared that said "Driving Mode Unavailable". This stayed like this for about 5 seconds and everything came back on as normal. Then again about 10 minutes later, I was on the highway and the same thing happened. The car drove fine and the engine did not shut off while this was happening. My tach and speedometer worked during this as well.

Any ideas? Do i attribute this to the cold or do I have a bigger issue at hand?

Thanks in advance.
Lot's of possibilities there. An easy one to address would be battery terminals, possibly loose or oxidized. You could clean, add some conductive grease, and tighten the pos and neg terminals and see if it happens again.