Sponsored

2015 GT PP vs. 2011 GT500 w/SVT PP

MrBillton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Boss 302 LS, 2018 Charger Scat Pack
You're mistaken and not classy at all, but thanks. I understand the line of thinking that whatever car you own is superior, but sadly that's not the case.

You dont know dick about the gt500s Stop it.
Wow, only 800whp on a factory rod?!? That's it! You're right, what a piece of shit...how much can the Coyote rods take?

fully forged yet its rods cant take more then 800whp reliably becausd of the shitty design.
Sorry but engine swap scenarios are not the norm, they are the exception. Plus, your awful decision and one-off scenario aren't a reliable indicator of the mean user's experience. Product positioning and market price are far better barometers of perceived value than your opinion and terrible decision are...especially when comparing two cars from the same OEM/model and only a single model year difference.

I don't need to wait for you to regret your decision to make that claim.

I sold my 14 for a 16 gt. I can have a gt that will burry my previous build plans for 12g cheaper and itll be a lot faster. My previous build didnt even include axles or a swap to a magnum xl because the trans in it sure isnt handling that power for long enough. Its close to 50g for a reliable 1000whp build.
So i'll say it again, since nothing you can say can refute these facts, which are:

1. The GT500 is faster
2. The GT500 is more rare/revered in the car community
3. The GT500 is worth more
and yes 4. The motor is fully-forged from the factory
Sponsored

Brent302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP
You're mistaken and not classy at all, but thanks. I understand the line of thinking that whatever car you own is superior, but sadly that's not the case.

Wow, only 800whp on a factory rod?!? That's it! You're right, what a piece of shit...how much can the Coyote rods take?

Sorry but engine swap scenarios are not the norm, they are the exception. Plus, your awful decision and one-off scenario aren't a reliable indicator of the mean user's experience. Product positioning and market price are far better barometers of perceived value than your opinion and terrible decision are...especially when comparing two cars from the same OEM/model and only a single model year difference.

So i'll say it again, since nothing you can say can refute these facts, which are:

1. The GT500 is faster
You don't own one

He did.....

mustang_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it has an engine!

1. The GT500 is faster
how about for starters the gt can handle just as much before it blows. It is a piece of shit for what they sell the trinity crate motor for. do you even know how much a replacement long block used to go for? Try 39g. They go for lower 30s these days. do you know how much a short block goes for? 7500 bare. No pistons nothing. You can get a ford racing aluminator motor that handles more power reliably for under 8. You could also build a coyote at bes, accufab or mmr, for 9500-12,000.how many built motors have you ever built? Forged rods should handle more then 800whp, especially for what they charge. Bottom line ford put in cheap forged junk. I had a maxed out blower pushing almost 850whp on e85. It was a damn ticking time bomb. I chose to sell it because i wanted more power reliably. The gt500 is over priced for what you get. I wish i would have known before i wasted 64g on the car plus the 15g i had in the car. If you want big power its stupidly over priced to build. its rods may as well not be forged. Both the coyote and trinity have made over 1000whp stock motors, not for long. A lot of good those forged internals did huh? They all get swapped for worth a damn internals. Have you seen any 6 second gt500s at all? I havent. Just mid 7s. Its devils bliss gt500. Coyotes are in 5s. That gt500 is sooooo much better. You know that not everyone gives a damn about resale, or collecting. Most gt500 owners do not. Pretty sure i know more of those owners then you.i didnt say you were wrong about 1-4 points. You clearly dont know shit about whats wrong with that motor. Thats what im referring too. You're just spewing bs youve read. You have zero experience with them. In case you didnt know im not here to be liked, be classy, anyones buddy. Im blunt, honest and It works for me.
You don't own one

He did.....
i guess the fact i was modded or talked with many engine builders and tuners about the trinity means nothing.:lol:

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
Rut roh....someone has gotten their jimmies ruffled, Mr.Billton.

Sponsored

mustang_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it has an engine!
Everyone thinks the gt500 is some super strong motor. Its not. Oh it has forged rods! Yeah they handle just as much as non forged. Super sweet! Im angry about how svt did that motor. They cheaped out and used slightly tweaked 5.4 condor rods that werent up to par. From everything i know about both motors gt>gt500.

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
Nah. There is no tone of frustration toward him. I can guarantee that. :)
:D. I was talking about him having his jimmies ruffled, not yours:lol::thumbsup:

mustang_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it has an engine!
Here is another post using his favorite words as he describes the GT500 above. This one is about the new Shelby, not GT350.

Too funny.
http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showpost.php?p=644210&postcount=188
Oh hes one of those. He should go buy a toyota if he cares about resale. Too many gt500s to be worth what the originals are. They wont even be worth supra value id wager. Less supras made from 93.5 to 98 in the us. 12000 vs the many more gt500s made. i dont miss my mkiv supra either. :lol:

Now the ford gt, thats worth something. Only gone up in value since it got released
:D. I was talking about him having his jimmies ruffled, not yours:lol::thumbsup:
Ah. :thumbsup:

To everyone else, there is a reason the supersnakes 1000s get all new pistons and rods etc. Because the stock junk ford/svt put in was horrible. Shelby knew it. That is part of the reason they cost 100+k

Sponsored

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT, '20 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
I'd argue against the GT500 voters. It's down on a number of things in my book: design, chassis stiffness, fewer safety features (half the number of airbags), higher curb weight with a heavier forward bias, outdated interior, less features/amenities, SRA, and a far inferior driving position (crappy steering wheel 9 and 3 molding and no ability to telescope).

It has two main selling points compared to a loaded S550 GT: sheer power and exclusivity (and looks, if that's more your thing). I would have less fun with it in every practical measure, be it daily driving or doing a spirited run on a backroad twisty. Wouldn't trade my GT for one even if it was for the exact same price.

JasinEdward

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0 Roush Stage 1
I had been looking at 2013-14 gt500's for a while, but had a hard time pulling the trigger. I loved the cars, but I wanted an auto and had a hard time justifying daily driving a collector car like the gt500.

My wife (yes my wife), found a Roush dealer in the area that was installing the phase 1 supercharger kits on new 2015's for a great price with the warranty. After driving the 2015 stock I was sold. The supercharger just adds the extra kick it needs. On top of that, I wanted to make sure I could handle the new Camaro and 392's with ease.

I also like knowing that after the warranty runs out I can easily bolt on another 200rwhp...

I know you were looking at 2011-12's, but for the price of a 2013-14 gt500 you can get a Roushcharged loaded premium 2015 5.0....

MrBillton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Boss 302 LS, 2018 Charger Scat Pack
not on average...

how about for starters the gt can handle just as much before it blows.
i'm not saying it's not overpriced man, but bear in mind it also includes a supercharger and has the name Shelby on it. Just because something is overpriced doesn't mean it's a POS. By your logic Ferraris must suck since they are 10 times as expensive but not 10 times as fast...keep some relativity to your assessments.

It is a piece of shit for what they sell the trinity crate motor for. do you even know how much a replacement long block used to go for? Try 39g. They go for lower 30s these days.

okay, so once again, your crate motor / maximum modification scenario is not the norm...it's an exception.

I had a maxed out blower pushing almost 850whp on e85. It was a damn ticking time bomb. I chose to sell it because i wanted more power reliably.
you know that not everyone plans to do motor swaps and 10s of thousands in modifications right? I don't think you know more of those owners than me, but no reason to speculate that, it doesn't prove anything

You know that not everyone gives a damn about resale, or collecting. Most gt500 owners do not. Pretty sure i know more of those owners then you.
worng. here's a thread i posted on the GT500 forums two years ago on my build: http://www.fordgt500.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19206

ended up doing a couple more things and new tuner and got 730whp, but anyways, you get the point. I've spent countless hours doing research and talking to owners and tuners, so you're just wrong, ignorant and a dick (you called it blunt).

You have zero experience with them.
also, there's only about 10k of the Trinity GT500s, those will be the ones that are sought after. But all Shelbys will be held in higher esteem than Mustang GTs man, esp with only a separation of a couple years. And it's not about appreciation and investment, it's merely just not buying a depreciating asset. '13 and '14 owners have pretty much driven their car for free the last year or two...sounds like a smart decision to me.

Anyways, I don't expect the OP to see objectivity or a realistic sample of overall point-of-view of auto enthusiasts on a 6G specific forum, so I'll let you guys have at it.

DiMaio90

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape
I was driving my father in laws c6 GS a few weeks ago,when I saw a gen5 Mustang fly up behind me. I gave it a little gas(okay. A LOT) to try and leave him behind but was shocked that he stayed 2 lengths behind me the entire time. The road expanded to 2 lanes and he pulled up beside me and stupid me. It was a Shelby. Talked to the guy real quick at a light and it was a 13. He then asked to race, had his buddy filming behind him in an outlander sport.

I had to turn him down. 1) not my car. 2) RT 206 is a crawling with cops 3) he woulda embarrassed me.

I did wave him by me to hear/see him haul ass and wow. He was outtt and sounded outrageous.

The seat of the pants feel between my brothers 15 GTPP and 13 GS is significant. I would imagine the 13 Shelby has an even bigger advantage compared to the GS. For me it would be no question. 13-14 GT500 all the way. Looks just as good in my opinion. Loses in the interior but wins by a landslide in performance in all but an all out road course. iF prices are equal, I know used vs new not exactly fair, I'd go with GT500. But that's just me. You can't lose either way. Unless your drag racing. In which case you will lose ito GT500 unless you spend 15k in mods or spray your GT.
Sponsored