2015 Gt Mustang A/C

Colby_w17

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Colby
Vehicle(s)
Mustang gt 2015
So, I’m on my way to work today and the A/C was blowing fine super cold, but then something weird happend and the vents made this weird noise and now I’m only getting warm/ hot air. The AC system has been acting a little strange here of late, so im finna guess it’s either the compressor or the condenser. But, will refilling it give me a temporary fix if it’s either of those problems? Because the air still blows and operates fine.. just not cold anymore 😅 what a rough last week to say the least lol.
Sponsored

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Seeing you have a 2015, there's a high probability it's the EVAP issue... see the EVAP sticky thread at the top of this forum. EVAP failure is very common on the 2015-2017's. You're probably out of warranty and cost to repair/replace at a Dealer is upwards of $1,500+. The entire dash has to come out. If you're a hands on type of DIYer, in that thread there's complete visual instructions on how to do the repair if you want to attempt it (others have done it themselves with success).

You can call the Ford 800# and ask for repair assistance, as others have and were offered discounted repair costs because it is a known issue to Ford.

To check if compressor is turning on - secure car and put it in neutral. Pop your hood, start car and then either turn on the A/C OR the defroster. Go back and watch compressor - is the clutch kicking on? Is the cycle in which it cycles/kicks on/off long or short? If the cycle is very short like on/off/on/off/on/off, the system is low on Freon most likely from a leak (EVAP).

If you don't see the clutch kick on at all - it could be the A/C pressure switch failed. Locate the switch, pull the connector off, short the connector and if the clutch cycles, it's the A/C pressure switch that failed.

If your clutch IS turning on and the inside air temp is still warm or it's a very short cycle mentioned above - then it's most likely EVAP core failure and from loss.

There has been mention of the HVAC box blend doors failing too, but it's not a really common occurrence. The blend doors are actuated in the HVAC box and control air to the vents. If the blend door operation fails, it won't cause a change in temps or a "warm air" situation, it will be restricted or no air flow from 1 or more dash vents or floor vents.

Last edited: