Sponsored

2015 GT MT whine on low speed

Luke17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Roush Stage 2
Hi, there was tons of topic regarding noises but it's usually about deceleration or high speeds so here is my problem.
My car does a quite whine when on accelerating on low speeds mostly 1-3 gear, 1-2.5k rpm. On higher rpm/speeds I'm not able to hear it but it's hard to say if it's gone (the car is simply too loud). The AC has to be on the lowest level and the radio turned down to hear it.

The sound itself is very similar to the noise that RC cars do, or professional track cars with helical gears. The closest sound I could find though is similar to supercharger whine but it's only slightly hearable on low speed and low RPMs.

I've just bought this car, it has ~60k miles and I've got no comparison. Is this normal?
Sponsored

Last edited:

aleccesarenriquez

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alec
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
I'm experiencing something very similar and I'm thinking it's the clutch. Does it feel like it's coming from your trans? Can you feel it in your shifter?

OP
OP

Luke17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Roush Stage 2
It's kinda weird because I couldn't hear it today. Maybe the car has to be hot or something. I'll investigate it a little bit more and keep you posted if the problem gets back

kluke15

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kenny
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GTPP
the mt82 does seem to be noisy. i would say as long as you are able to shift ok and there no real grinding you are prob fine.

OP
OP

Luke17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Roush Stage 2
I've also noticed 1-3 small knocks when letting off the clutch on 1st and 2nd gear with very low speed (mainly in traffic jams) not sure if those two issues are related to each other.

Sponsored

kluke15

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kenny
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GTPP
I've also noticed 1-3 small knocks when letting off the clutch on 1st and 2nd gear with very low speed (mainly in traffic jams) not sure if those two issues are related to each other.
not sure about that one maybe the two piece driveshaft or just the clutch disengaging when you push pedal in. but those are pure guesses

ROLNSLO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT - DIBM
Does it sound like this?

If so, try turning off the AC completely to see if it goes away.

Count Drunkula

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Johnny
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
I think it's probably normal. Mine whines a bit like a SC. I didn't notice it until I fitted a Boomba shifter assembly bracket, which does away with all the rubber bushing of the original piece. I had been led to expect a bit more NVH anyway. Doesn't bother me. It sounds as if your car isn't standard, so I'd not be surprised if you have a replacement bracket. You need to get under it to take a look!

Adz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ad
Vehicle(s)
Mustang S550
You see, I get this same noise in the 10s auto. I'm sure I read somewhere it might be the trans pump, but if manuals are getting this sound too, I'm not so sure any more

OP
OP

Luke17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Roush Stage 2
Definitely not AC, I have just tested it

Sponsored
OP
OP

Luke17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Roush Stage 2

bnightstar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hristofor
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fiesta 1.25i, 2017 GB Ford Mustang GT PP Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Mine whine between 2 and 3000RPM according to a friend of mine this is some stupid ring that cost like 10-15$ and that needs replacement from time to time. I would say when it get to the point to really annoys you (my friend says that it will start doing it in all RPMs and get louder) just replace the ring. Ford are familiar with the issue and the fix so taking it to a dealer could probably help as well.

mtabers

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Is this the noise you are referring to? I am in the process of trying to diagnose/determine next steps. Hoping it is clutch/TOB related not transmission internals...

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Juan
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT premium
Mine whine between 2 and 3000RPM according to a friend of mine this is some stupid ring that cost like 10-15$ and that needs replacement from time to time. I would say when it get to the point to really annoys you (my friend says that it will start doing it in all RPMs and get louder) just replace the ring. Ford are familiar with the issue and the fix so taking it to a dealer could probably help as well.
Hi,
Can you PM on your fix for that noise?