2015 GT Ground Clearance

CTH621

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2015 GT, 2022 Shelby GT500
Hello everyone, I just put a reservation for a new GT 2015 Premium. Car should be available in 2 months here in Asia. However, I have some worries about scraping problems as I live in a condo with a pretty steep entry ramp to the basement parking area.

Does anyone know what the exact ground clearance is for the 2015 GT Mustang? Well, just to compare - I have seen a 2014 Lexus IS350 F Sport as well as a Mercedes w211 E350 Avantgarde go up the entry ramp with no scraping issues on the front bumper. I suppose these 2 other cars have less ground clearance than the stock 2015 GT, right?
Sponsored

JimmyTwoTimes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
Has at least as much ground clearance as the Lexus -- the problem point is an aero piece about six inches (15 cm) back from the front splitter which curves around the engine bay perpendicular to the ground. That some times scrapes on steep ramps.

Last edited:

IvanCRF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.On'ry
The front splitter pokes out pretty good too, which will decrease the angle you can approach obstacles at.

JimmyTwoTimes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium

Sponsored

OP
OP
CTH621

CTH621

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2015 GT, 2022 Shelby GT500
Thanks for the reply! Can the front splitter be uninstalled?

RevvdMedia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
I haven't gone to my car with a tape measure (I've been meaning to) but I used my cell phone as a reference and slid it under various parts of the car to check clearance. My phone with the case is almost exactly 6" tall and I could fit it under every bumper, side and even the "guard" under the front bumper and around the engine on my non performance pack GT, so i'd say the ground clearance is at least 5.5". The driveway I use every day would scrape on my old lowered 1986 Supra if I didn't take it at a STEEP angle, the GT is less of a problem (never scraped). Just be cautious and if you go down a steep incline, make sure you take it wide and at an angle, but this car isn't a supercar, it is quite usable and doesn't honestly scrape that much.

CJ4life

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Base 6MT
I haven't gone to my car with a tape measure (I've been meaning to) but I used my cell phone as a reference and slid it under various parts of the car to check clearance. My phone with the case is almost exactly 6" tall and I could fit it under every bumper, side and even the "guard" under the front bumper and around the engine on my non performance pack GT, so i'd say the ground clearance is at least 5.5". The driveway I use every day would scrape on my old lowered 1986 Supra if I didn't take it at a STEEP angle, the GT is less of a problem (never scraped). Just be cautious and if you go down a steep incline, make sure you take it wide and at an angle, but this car isn't a supercar, it is quite usable and doesn't honestly scrape that much.
That's honestly one of the things I love about Mustangs (and muscle cars as a concept in general): while they're still a "sports car", they don't usually come with nearly the same penalties in some areas. They have more clearance for every day driving, many have extremely usable trunks, usable back seats, don't cost an arm and a leg, and still deliver giggles and smiles when you want them to. Some of that may not have been the case years back, but at this time, they're somewhat reasonable cars.

Last edited:

Kahboom

Kahboom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GTPP, Recaros/2014 Explorer Sport 4X4
Eibach pro line springs installed and the sto in show front license plate mounted under my front chin guard rubs stuff all the time. Take bumps and entrances and exit curbs at angles to make it minimal or barely get by without scraping.

Wblv17

older fart
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2014 5.7HEMI Ram and 2015 eco boost race red pp
my 15 GTPP scrapes less then my old 14 V6, the 14 scraped everywhere and the 15 GTPP hasn't been scraped.

Sponsored

RIBS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Ruby Red
I have not scraped my GT yet. Good clearance.

valentinoamoro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 TY Mustang GT
GTPP owner here. No scrapes, includes some decent raked lots. This makes me debate going with an aftermarket suspension for even better handling as the resulting drop may create scraping issues not present today.