Sponsored

2015+ Ford Mustang Multicolor DRL LED Board Replacements! Sequential Turn Signal DRL!

Diode Dynamics

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.diodedynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost

US Patent Pending

These modules are a direct replacement for the factory-installed headlight LED panels in the 2015-2017 Ford Mustang S550. Your order includes two sets of panels, one for each side of the vehicle, as well as drivers to safely and reliably power them.

From the factory, the DRL LED bars in the headlight are illuminated by a set of three circuit boards on either side that hold Philips Rebel white LEDs. Our multicolor board is a drop-in replacement. You don't have to align and fasten LEDs- this is an OEM-grade solution. Just remove the old panel, and ours fits directly in place, with patent-pending fit and finish.

Made in USA. the replacement panels utilize RGBW LED chips, double-stacked for high output. Each one illuminates with red, blue, green, and 6500K white. The multicolor function allows for full multicolor control using any standard common-anode RGB or RGBW controller (not included).

Remember, this product is not just RGB- it is RGBW! That means there is an LED chip that is specifically white in color, right next to the standard red, green, and blue chips. By using an RGBW controller rather than the standard RGB, you can activate and control the white chip independently of the colors. This provides a much more uniform, pure, and bright white color than the traditional method of combining all RGB signals.

To drive the LEDs safely, a new constant-current driver is included for each set, for high reliability. You will also need a standard RGB or RGBW controller. Controllers can usually be powered by any standard 12V source. We recommend connecting to the parking light signal, so this module lights up when the parking lights or headlights are on, or to the factory power input signal.

There is a standard RGBW input plug (5-pin) to connect to your RGBW controller. This connector is plug-and-play with Diode Dynamics controllers. We strongly recommend the use of Diode Dynamics controllers with this product, for ease-of-use. However, you can connect any standard RGB or RGBW controller by cutting the pins off the connector end, and connecting them to your controller, in the required color configuration, as dictated by the controller you use. This does not void the warranty.

For OEM-grade reliability, the LEDs are protected by a thermal management system, which is integrated into the panel and driver. If the temperature of the LEDs becomes too high for any reason, the output of the LEDs will decrease, to ensure long life in even the harshest environments. And of course, the advanced constant-current driver ensures that there will be no damage to the LEDs long-term from the harsh electrical system of the vehicle.

Professional installation is strongly recommended, as the factory headlights must be opened in order to replace the LED panels.

All Diode Dynamics products are backed by a 3-year replacement warranty.

2015-2017 Ford Mustang S550 Multicolor DRL LED Boards

2015-2017 Ford Mustang Switchback DRL LED Boards

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to post, PM, email [email protected] or call us: (314) 205-3033

*PM us for the free-shipping code* (U.S. forum members only)

Thanks for looking!
Nick C.
Diode Dynamics
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
Diode Dynamics

Diode Dynamics

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.diodedynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost
Oh... my... god... I WANT! but don't want to open up my headlights :(
There's plenty of talented installers in your area, if feel free to contact us if you'd like a referral!

(314) 205-3033

Nick C.

Sponsored

hemanmech

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hemanth
Vehicle(s)
15 Beest Eco/Prem./PP
I am in love with the Red DRL LED, could only imagine how awesome it would look on my black mustang. Definitely want to consider this. Is this the only product which can change the factory white color on the DRL LED ? I mean i am just looking for a Red DRL LED instead of the current white DRL LED, is there any other product/way by which i can achieve that. I am not really looking for a multi color LED. Please shoot your advice/suggestions.
Thanks
Hemanth

OP
OP
Diode Dynamics

Diode Dynamics

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.diodedynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost
I am in love with the Red DRL LED, could only imagine how awesome it would look on my black mustang. Definitely want to consider this. Is this the only product which can change the factory white color on the DRL LED ? I mean i am just looking for a Red DRL LED instead of the current white DRL LED, is there any other product/way by which i can achieve that. I am not really looking for a multi color LED. Please shoot your advice/suggestions.
Thanks
Hemanth
Hemanth,

This product utilizes RGBW LEDs, so you'll have a nice and crisp white to stay road legal, and the ability to change it to red anytime you want.

Nick C.

RoyalGuard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
Will this fit a RHD mustang UK spec? We don't have the tri bars at all, they've been deleted

Sponsored
OP
OP
Diode Dynamics

Diode Dynamics

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.diodedynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost
Will this fit a RHD mustang UK spec? We don't have the tri bars at all, they've been deleted
Unfortunately, our engineering team doesn't have access to EU-spec Mustangs, so we are unable to 100% confirm the fitment.

With that being said, the LED boards are a direct replacement to the factory installed units, so the fitment should be identical in both US and EU spec housings.

Nick C.

RoninRed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Prem. (PP) Magnetic
I'm having a hard time noticing but is the white on these DRLs as bright as your switchbacks? I installed switchbacks and they (the switchbacks) seem much brighter than the factory DRLs, and I'm wondering if these DRLs produce a brightness on the same level as the Swithbacks.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Diode Dynamics

Diode Dynamics

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.diodedynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost
I'm having a hard time noticing but is the white on these DRLs as bright as your switchbacks? I installed switchbacks and they (the switchbacks) seem much brighter than the factory DRLs, and I'm wondering if these DRLs produce a brightness on the same level as the Swithbacks.
The DRL LEDs are placed behind a diffuser lens vs. the switchback bulbs which are direct, forward facing light.

The switchbacks will appear brighter for this reason, but the white on these replacement LED boards produces more lumen output than the switchback bulbs.

Thanks!

Nick C.