Sponsored

2015 Ecoboost PP - Continental DSW06 worn out, what's next?

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
Just curious...are you basing your "inferior" statement on the TireRack ratings?

FWIW - tire ratings by consumers are so wildly all over the map it's ridiculous. I know people who stand by a certain brand, even though depending on the tire line of that manufacturer, they can be made in multiple factories, in different countries, sometimes on the same line as an "inferior" brand.
Experience mostly - people reviews have to be taken with huge grain of salt - as most of users - even ones in Mustangs never come anywhere remotely close to tire limits, especially in terms of lateral grip.
Sponsored

ctandc72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT 6 speed Base
Vehicle Showcase
Experience mostly - people reviews have to be taken with huge grain of salt - as most of users - even ones in Mustangs never come anywhere remotely close to tire limits, especially in terms of lateral grip.
So are we talking about "true" All Season tires or something different.
I've run Michelins on different vehicles and not once did I ever think they were worth the extra money over other tires in the same category.

Most of this is subjective anyway. I know some people will gripe about a tire brand because when they had them, they picked up several nails / screws and got flats. And blamed the tire brand. Doesn't make sense - but there it is.

Tires primarily designed for track use are a total different animal.

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
True all seasons, not track use. All of them work, car rolls on them. The difference is grip in various conditions - for me, on a Mustang, wet and cold weather grip is what matters the most for all seasons and Contis are pretty damn good, also in dry grip as well. And they work in snow unlikely some of the other all seasons I drove, actually not that much worse (but still worse) than true winter tires.

ctandc72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT 6 speed Base
Vehicle Showcase
True all seasons, not track use. All of them work, car rolls on them. The difference is grip in various conditions - for me, on a Mustang, wet and cold weather grip is what matters the most for all seasons and Contis are pretty damn good, also in dry grip as well. And they work in snow unlikely some of the other all seasons I drove, actually not that much worse (but still worse) than true winter tires.
Fair enough. I do know that a certain brand / model of tire I LOVED on one model of car was actually really bad on another model - so that's also at play.

OP
OP
hemanmech

hemanmech

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hemanth
Vehicle(s)
15 Beest Eco/Prem./PP
Thank you all for the suggestions again. I went ahead with Conti DSW06 again. There was a "free installation rebate" going on with pep boys on continental tires, so felt like a good deal. do check out pepboys website if anyone is looking to buy Continental tires.
Sponsored