Sponsored

2015 convertible trunk space

gojensen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Ecoboost 'vert
Heeey all... question for those with a convertible...

Do you think it would be possible to fit four tyres/wheels in the trunk? I'll be needing to pick up an extra set and if they won't fit in the trunk I'll need another car :D

(specifically these will be the 19"s from the ecoboost performance pack)
Sponsored

bmatt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP, 2014 Honda Odyssey EX-L
My guess is no, but I don't know for sure. Looking at my coupe's trunk it wouldn't without letting the seat down. Also, my Accord would only fit 3 rims in it's trunk and I'm pretty sure it's trunk is slightly bigger.

RoushCharged

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium Convertible, Ruby & Loaded
No, I can't see fitting four tires in there. Three maybe if you put one in the tire well. You'll have to put one or two in the back seat.

wildsailor

This Club for me?
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost
Maybe put the top down and stack em up in the back seat? I brought a chest of drawers home with my '97 vert once. I folded the passenger seat forward, powered it all the way forward, put the top down and put the box in the back seat.

Sponsored

painoz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nate
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Vert
Fit in trunk

I put 5 racks of baby back ribs in my vert trunk just now. 4 tires....no way.

OP
OP

gojensen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Ecoboost 'vert
haha, was thinking as much... but there's no way I'm driving 830 miles with the top down exclusively... will need to look into shipping or something I guess... or see if I can buy local - though I still need to bring the tyres home...

had to ask though :D

bmatt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP, 2014 Honda Odyssey EX-L
You might be able to get one in the trunk, two in the back seats and one in the passenger seat with top up. If you feel adventurous. Couldn't say for sure though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jtmat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vert turbo!!!!
Heeey all... question for those with a convertible...

Do you think it would be possible to fit four tyres/wheels in the trunk? I'll be needing to pick up an extra set and if they won't fit in the trunk I'll need another car :D

(specifically these will be the 19"s from the ecoboost performance pack)
Compared to other verts, the trunk is huge... four tires huge? No, don't think so.

Here is a backpack and a can of window cleaner near to the back.

Just for fun:

OP
OP

gojensen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Ecoboost 'vert
Did you tint your windows? Can't wait till I get mine :)

Sponsored

jtmat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vert turbo!!!!
Did you tint your windows? Can't wait till I get mine :)
I went with Suntek cxp 45... it is really 40 vlt and with Ford factory tint puts me right around the legal limit in Maryland. Due to my job, I can't get a stupid tint ticket (or otherwise I'd went 30%). Even if no one REALLY gets a tint ticket....

And it does keep the car cooler when the windows are up. I was skeptical... tint has come a long way. Even if too expensive.

Anyway, I'm glad I went with the 45, it is dark enough and I can see out at night very well. They had a hard time with the back though... that guy struggled. It is not 100% perfect either but good.

I love the look of this Mustang... I know if I did not have it, I'd want it. Outside of tint, get a tune. I have unleashed and very, very happy with it. All the intake stuff, ect... I've not done that and more than likely won't. Same with muffler delete or new cat-back... I don't need more noise when the top is down. My opinion.

OP
OP

gojensen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Ecoboost 'vert
Unfortunately driver /passenger window times are illegal here... Could do the rear but that would only look silly on a convertible I think

Rob00GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT Ragtop
Lay a blanket or old sheet across the back seat and carry them there. Easy to load with the top down. Trunk is fine for luggage for a long weekend getaway but it's not going to carry more than maybe one tire/wheel.

OP
OP

gojensen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Ecoboost 'vert
bumping this again...

could I fit maybe two tires in the trunk? think I could get away with driving with two in the rear seat if I can strap them down... otherwise I'm looking at a €150-200 atleast in transport charges...