Sponsored

2015+ added factory options

hro0250

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic Ecoboost Premium
Hey guys, I'm new to this forum but not new to Mustangs.. Right now I have a 2015 Ecoboost Premium automatic in Magnetic that I got new as a high school graduation present. It came with no extras that are available on the premiums (i.e. adaptive cruise, NAV, blind spot monitoring, shaker subwoofer, ect...) But I have grown up wiring car alarms and radios and programming them too so I figured I'd try to add these OEM options available on premiums to my car. So far I have successfully added navigation to myford touch, added the factory blind spot monitoring (BLIS) with cross traffic alert with the factory mirrors, adaptive cruise control with forward collision warning, and for fun I added rain sensing wipers. My next project is adding the OEM shaker subwoofer and parking sensors. If anyone wants any insight I live in the Seattle metropolitan area and would love to help, or you could PM me. I was able to add all of these options for less than they would have cost if the car had came with them.
Sponsored

Muff Muff

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue GT PP
You better be going to either an Electrician's Trade program, or majoring in EE.

OP
OP

hro0250

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm a business major actually! Although I'd love to work as an electrical engineer at Ford...

yomamma219

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EB Premium Pony Pack "4HORSEMEN"
Alright people lets not get all caught up in the graduation present aspect. This post has far more interesting stuff contained in it.

How did you add BLIS and Adaptive CC? did you have to buy the OEM parts off someone or somewhere? I have not looked for this information because I didn't think it was possible or rather, worth the effort. I am guessing once you had the hardware it was just a matter of editing the As-built data with forscan? I am sure that is over simplified but I am wondering if there was more to it than meets the eye.

I am most interested in the rain sensing wipers! I was in Europe for a year and the Clio I had, had them and they were possibly the 2nd most life changing new car feature I've ever had behind a back-up camera.

Sponsored

yomamma219

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I will be thoroughly impressed if you can figure out how to add line lock to these cars :cheers: :cool:

yomamma219

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Also not sure where you are going to school but I would highly recommend switching to engineering if thats what interests you. Then double major or get a minor in business. Or just go back for an MBA.

Don't take the easy way out just for the money ;P

OP
OP

hro0250

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hahaha, yes I got it right before I started senior year as a gift from my parents, they wanted me to be able to enjoy it throughout the school year. My first car was an 06' Gt premium convertible before this. I bought the OEM parts through a combination of eBay hunting and using the Fordparts.com website... And yes I used forscan to change the as-built data however if you wanted to add a more complex feature like adaptive cruise or blind spot you will need to know how to code in hexadecimal as these modules need VERY specific data or they will not work. Adding the auto wipers was very easy and very cheap, id love to help you if you want!

Bob_Whit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Yeah! If you would do a tutorial on the rain sensing wipers in the Cosmetics section that would be great. Or you can start a YouTube Channel.

OP
OP

hro0250

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for your input dude! Way to shit on a 19 year olds accomplishments because you don't understand them!

Sponsored

yomamma219

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ehhh try to ignore the haters. They just be jelly.

But about those rain sensing wipers....? More info would be great!

Also if you find a way to easily, cheaply, and cleanly add a subwoofer please let me know. I've been looking for a good solution that takes less than 3 hours, cost less than $300, and looks OEM or at least would have the trunk look OEM if it were removed (ie: doesn't ruin any trim/panels/etc).

yomamma219

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Also I think you did very smart mods. They were all ones that add to the safety and drive-ability of the vehicle. Also it sounds like they didn't cost you too much.

CVCashmere

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carl
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Vert w/Steeda lower brace, PP sways & susp
I too would love hear about adding the subwoofer. I read one article so far that does require modifying the "as built" and wiring. Would love to hear your advice on it.

Also...go for Engineering...you got what it takes!

Thanks

CVCAshmere

Also if you find a way to easily, cheaply, and cleanly add a subwoofer please let me know. I've been looking for a good solution that takes less than 3 hours, cost less than $300, and looks OEM or at least would have the trunk look OEM if it were removed (ie: doesn't ruin any trim/panels/etc).

CVCashmere

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carl
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Vert w/Steeda lower brace, PP sways & susp
Thanks! Switch to Engineering..and Come East for a Day!

I too would love hear about adding the subwoofer. I read one article so far that does require modifying the "as built" and wiring. Would love to hear your advice on it.

Also...go for Engineering...you got what it takes!

Come East to Philly for a day...we could use your help!

Thanks

CVCAshmere

Sponsored