Smoked. You need a heavier duty clutch.

rileythemustangguy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Riley
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium PP
Holy hell that's SUPER SMOKED. You doing burnouts with your clutch rather than your tires?

Sponsored

IamCDNJosh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP, 2015 F150 3.5EB FX4
So there's literally no material left on that clutch disk. How many miles? What kind of power are you outputting and how is the car used?

cop on my back

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
It is not a wear issue. This happens on a high RPM shift, 7000+ with the shitty Ford OEM clutch. As soon as you push in the clutch and the friction disc is floating, the centrifugal force pulls all the material off. Quite common. Mine was bone stock 2015 with around 14000 miles on it.

Absolutely no clutch abuse, just a bad quality part (made in Turkey).

luc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT with PP
It is not a wear issue. This happens on a high RPM shift, 7000+ with the shitty Ford OEM clutch. As soon as you push in the clutch and the friction disc is floating, the centrifugal force pulls all the material off. Quite common. Mine was bone stock 2015 with around 14000 miles on it.

Absolutely no clutch abuse, just a bad quality part (made in Turkey).
Yep, lost my clutch yesterday at Laguna. Second time. First time was exactly 1 year ago, also at Laguna
high rpm’s shifting
Ford paid for last one but this time I’m going to have to foot the bill if I want a better clutch

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
So common, mine looks so similar.
Man, what the hell happened? There's absolutely ZERO friction material there, since you can see the rivets, and it's just metal... and thin one at that, and only attached at 2 points per 'piece'. Looks so shitty. Is this the new D4 clutch, or the previous one? At any rate, the friction material is flying off due to centrifugal forces at 7K+ rpm??? That's hard to believe. Geez. Hopefully my D4 clutch is better than that. Is that the case gang? Thx.

Sponsored

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
I rest my case lol
Rest ur case based on what ? What's posted above ? Compared to the 10's of thousands of factory clutches that live a long happy life. Good thing you ain't a defence lawyer.

luc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT with PP
Rest ur case based on what ? What's posted above ? Compared to the 10's of thousands of factory clutches that live a long happy life. Good thing you ain't a defence lawyer.
Is “defence “ a new category of lawyers or geographical difference in spelling? Lol
You seems to be missing the part about repeated high rpm’s shifting..
It’s a bit like the rear differential...ok for street/light to moderate duty but not up to the task of Track usage

Last edited:

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
You seems to be missing the part about repeated high rpm’s shifting..
So repeated high rpm shifting for 30 mins or so per session, over the course of a race season. Well now, my bad for a clutch produced for the average driver has some failure in a unforgiving racing environment, while others in the same environment have no issues.

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Man, what the hell happened? There's absolutely ZERO friction material there, since you can see the rivets, and it's just metal... and thin one at that, and only attached at 2 points per 'piece'. Looks so shitty. Is this the new D4 clutch, or the previous one? At any rate, the friction material is flying off due to centrifugal forces at 7K+ rpm??? That's hard to believe. Geez. Hopefully my D4 clutch is better than that. Is that the case gang? Thx.
D4 clutch is twin organic disc and much beefier.
Sponsored