Sponsored

2015-2020 Mustang GT Cat Delete Pipes: First To Market and The Original Cat Deletes

sanchezcruz_20

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT
Before:

After Mak Cat-Deletes:

Note: I did have one tune revision from Lund in between those dyno runs so I can't necessarily attribute the entire gain from the cat-deletes alone.
Sponsored

KennethAlan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP 50th Anniversary Package
[MENTION=15082]sanchezcruz_20[/MENTION] Does the driver side not have to be welded to install anymore? Sorry if I missed this somewhere in the 50 pages of this thread. I swear I've read the whole thing more than once It looks like yours is all bolt on?

sanchezcruz_20

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT
[MENTION=15082]sanchezcruz_20[/MENTION] Does the driver side not have to be welded to install anymore? Sorry if I missed this somewhere in the 50 pages of this thread. I swear I've read the whole thing more than once It looks like yours is all bolt on?
Driver side does indeed still require welding. The kit comes with a flange that gets welded to the factory header. From then on, it's bolt on.

dentalguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic GT
Will these bolt right up to a magnaflow competition catback with no modifications? I thought I read somewhere in this thread that they wouldn't. Can Lund tune for these? Do I need to turn my rear o2's off? If I bolt my stock cats up after a year and go back to the stock tune will I pass emissions?

Sponsored

z06psi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
The pot stirrer
Will these bolt right up to a magnaflow competition catback with no modifications? I thought I read somewhere in this thread that they wouldn't. Can Lund tune for these? Do I need to turn my rear o2's off? If I bolt my stock cats up after a year and go back to the stock tune will I pass emissions?
No. I was about 4" too short even with the performance connection option. MAK cannot make all of the systems fit every catback.

I did not require another tune from Lund as the rear O2s were already shut off in my initial tune.

Unknown but I don't see why not.

OP
OP
AdrianMAK

AdrianMAK

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.makperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 TY Mustang GT Premium
The factory connect version should bolt right on if the catback eliminates the resonator as our Factory connect option will hook up to a factory resonator.

The 3in versions will require you to remove any neck down portion of your catback and may require you even add some 3in pipe to make a true 3in exhaust. We leave our performance connect versions a bit longer to accomodate eliminating the reduced sections but it does take some fabricating some times.

You will need a tune to address the cats being removed. Any tuner should be able to tune for these, and I am sure most already have.

If you bolt up the stock cats and put the stock tune into the car there is no reason why you would not pass emissions.

Last edited:

Sponsored

jt351

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 dib Gt premium, 1990 hatch 351 supercharged
I have noticed a drop in mpg after adding the cat deletes, I have same diablo tune as before unchanged and used the antifoulers and i have no CEL. I was getting a consitant 25 to 27 mpg. I took a 2000 mile road trip and overall hit 26mpg, never resetting, now after cat delete i generally only get 21 to 22, and recently only 20 on a 200 mile road trip all while trying to get best mpg, follow semis, neutral down hills etc and drive like an egg between foot and pedal. I wanted to get custom tune for it but I know i want to put a supercharger on it in near future and didnt see trying to squeeze just a few hp was worth it. i never would have thought freeing up exhaust could hurt mpg. my car is non pp so it has 3.31 rear gear. 3.31 shoukd be fun with whipple:)

diablomatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 s550 gt procharged,2012 GT F1X Procharged
I have noticed a drop in mpg after adding the cat deletes, I have same diablo tune as before unchanged and used the antifoulers and i have no CEL. I was getting a consitant 25 to 27 mpg. I took a 2000 mile road trip and overall hit 26mpg, never resetting, now after cat delete i generally only get 21 to 22, and recently only 20 on a 200 mile road trip all while trying to get best mpg, follow semis, neutral down hills etc and drive like an egg between foot and pedal. I wanted to get custom tune for it but I know i want to put a supercharger on it in near future and didnt see trying to squeeze just a few hp was worth it. i never would have thought freeing up exhaust could hurt mpg. my car is non pp so it has 3.31 rear gear. 3.31 shoukd be fun with whipple:)

hey there. what more than likely is going on is removing the cats and not having a custom tune to support that. the anti foulers are not enough in this day in age. possibly what is happening is since the cats are not there and its looking for them, it probably going into cat over temp mode and dumping fuel.

email me on my separate email and i'll hook you up. [email protected]

Boduke0220

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Any Black Friday deals going on for these?

OP
OP
AdrianMAK

AdrianMAK

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.makperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 TY Mustang GT Premium