Sponsored

2015-2020 Mustang GT Cat Delete Pipes: First To Market and The Original Cat Deletes

OP
OP
AdrianMAK

AdrianMAK

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.makperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 TY Mustang GT Premium
All pending orders should ship on Tuesday. We have been stuck waiting on custom made flanges for the last week and a half.
Sponsored

smokinzx14r

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT A6 3.55 Gears ..
Well :( I'm going to miss my mustang top ten race on the 18th ...

Last edited:

Jeffy_2010

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Vehicle(s)
2015 gt 6-speed/ performance pack Oxford white
Well mine have shipped, wished they would be in by Friday tho

Jeffy_2010

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Vehicle(s)

Sponsored

smokinzx14r

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT A6 3.55 Gears ..
Just got mine ..

The paper work said " Use the supplied gasket and silicone to mount the drivers side Mak cat delete."

I didn't get a gasket ??? so I guess I have to go to Ford and pay 28.00 bucks more for a gasket ??? WTF ??

Need4Speed15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic GT Auto
Just got mine ..

The paper work said " Use the supplied gasket and silicone to mount the drivers side Mak cat delete."

I didn't get a gasket ??? so I guess I have to go to Ford and pay 28.00 bucks more for a gasket ??? WTF ??
You can reuse the stock gaskets, they are metal. I would reuse the stock gasket coated with silicone on the drivers side.

Maybe MAK can chime in or others that have installed these...

smokinzx14r

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT A6 3.55 Gears ..
You can reuse the stock gaskets, they are metal. I would reuse the stock gasket coated with silicone on the drivers side.

Maybe MAK can chime in or others that have installed these...
There is no gasket on the drivers side cat , it's welded on ...Pass side is a bolt on and it uses a gasket ...

See page one for photos ...

Last edited:
OP
OP
AdrianMAK

AdrianMAK

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.makperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 TY Mustang GT Premium
Knowone has a sound clip of the delete pipes, x/h pipes, and stock mufflers?
Do we have a forum discount code for mak? I'm ready to buy
There is no gasket on the drivers side cat , it's welded on ...Pass side is a bolt on and it uses a gasket ...

See page one for photos ...

We used to provide a gasket(not FORd OEM), but could not get a reliable supplier so we switched to just Silicone. The stock gaskets would make the kit even more expensive, so we leave it up to the customer to use one if they wish. The silicone will work just fine or you can get a passenger side gasket at Ford if you wish.

Sponsored

Jeffy_2010

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Vehicle(s)
Well I went and bought a factory ford gasket from the passenger side to use for the driver side flange... has to say it's one of the weirdest gaskets I've ever seen lol

smokinzx14r

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT A6 3.55 Gears ..
Well I went and bought a factory ford gasket from the passenger side to use for the driver side flange... has to say it's one of the weirdest gaskets I've ever seen lol
My Local Ford dearer had one in stock 32.71 with tax so I passed for now ...I just used the sealer that came with the Cat Delete ...

smokinzx14r

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT A6 3.55 Gears ..
Just to give you guys a heads up ...Some know this but I'm betting others don't , so I'll fill you in on the install of my Cat delete pipes ..

Passenger bolt on zero problems , fit nice ..

Drivers side ... Well cutting that Cat off was fun but not to bad ..But what you are left with is a oval pipe and a round flange to weld on ..Having loaned my torch set out to someone that never returned it I had no way to make the pipe round and fit the flange .. So I made some small cuts with the saw so I could bend the head pipe back to round and fit the flange ..I then installed the Cat pipe as it was going to be making sure everything lined up real good and both side matched .. Once that was done I tack welded the flange on the back side with my Mig welder .. I stopped right there and then removed the drivers side header with the flange tack welded in place ..I ran the header down to my local Fab shop and had them Tig weld it all up nice and pretty ..Tig welding it is a much better way to weld stainless steel than Mig welding ..Mig welding stainless doesn't penetrate as well as Tig welding.. Mig welding stainless may crack over time exposed to that much intense heat .. Removing the header is a lot of work as some of you guys know , but doing so allowed me to weld both inside and outside of the flange .. I didn't buy a new gasket and just used the sealer that came with the Cat Deletes ( I hope this doesn't come back and bite me in the ass down the road) If it does leak I'll run down to ford and pickup a factory gasket .. One thing I want to tell you is good luck getting the 02 sensor out with the header in place , it's much easy to remover with the header out of the car ..And after you weld on the supplied flange it is even harder to get to the 02 sensor to put it back in ..I installed the 02 with the header on the work bench and then reinstalled the header .. Price wise this is a good way to go compared to long tube headers ..Work wise .... Well I could have put the headers in the same amount of time and not burned myself welding and not got metal in my eye from the grinding of the header to make the flange fit ..

I say do yourself a big favor and take to a shop that does this kind of work and pay them .. If you do this kind of work and have the proper tools have at it ..This is no walk in the park if you don't have skills or the proper tools ..
Sponsored