Sponsored

2015-2021 MAK Performance Exhaust Upgrade Pipes

RoGCobraRV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
Glad to see this happen. Curious about the tune recommended. Does the catted version throw codes?
I would also like to know this. I'm under warranty still running the power pack tune and anything I can add that adds sound/performance I'm game for.
Sponsored

86pagt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dale
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang GT
Subscribing… would like to know about running without a tune… plan to mate to a Borla switchfire and using factory active mufflers

Performance nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
Vehicle Showcase
what is the different between : GESI UHP high flow catted vs GESI UHP GEN 2 high flow catted?

What option do I go with then for a 2020 gt with a whipple?
Its a GESI thing. They made a distinction based on vehicle age. Perhaps there was an emissions milestone where new cars were a stricter standard. The Gen2 handle more power and have more options.

In wondering since we have two cats if you could get away with two HO's. My understanding is you split the power rating since only 4 cylinders output to each cat. The HO's are smaller overall diameter (same 3" inlet/outlet), lighter, and less expensive. I would think this would work for all NA and stage 1 boosted applications. Though that is my thoughts, not a professional engineers assessment.

OP
OP
AdrianMAK

AdrianMAK

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.makperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 TY Mustang GT Premium
Sorry guys was on vacation just seeing this now.

so, those cats are going to withstand the heat of supercharger and turbo without melting or eventually, it's going to melt? would I get check engine light with it? Will it passes emission?
Yes we have in house cars and trucks making around 1000hp without issue. They are designed not to melt. You do not get a Check Engine light with the GESI options. They are EPA Compliant and should pass emissions outside of CARB states.

what is the different between : GESI UHP high flow catted vs GESI UHP GEN 2 high flow catted?

What option do I go with then for a 2020 gt with a whipple?
Gen 2 have a higher precious metal content that seems to be an emmissions requirement from 2017 onward. If you have a 2020 you would need a GEN2 to be compliant.

Subscribing… would like to know about running without a tune… plan to mate to a Borla switchfire and using factory active mufflers
Tune will increase performance, but it is not required if you go the GESI route. The standard catted version will require tuning.

Its a GESI thing. They made a distinction based on vehicle age. Perhaps there was an emissions milestone where new cars were a stricter standard. The Gen2 handle more power and have more options.

In wondering since we have two cats if you could get away with two HO's. My understanding is you split the power rating since only 4 cylinders output to each cat. The HO's are smaller overall diameter (same 3" inlet/outlet), lighter, and less expensive. I would think this would work for all NA and stage 1 boosted applications. Though that is my thoughts, not a professional engineers assessment.
the GEN1 will work in terms of power holding potential. The differentiation is in the precious metal content to be considered compliant for emissions purposes.

Performance nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
Vehicle Showcase
Hey @AdrianMAK I actually had two questions.

First question is if the GESI Gen 2 would throw a code on the 2018+ cars.

Second question is if you could use the GESI 50230 HO in your design for NA applications. I assume you use the GESI 85230 currently.

Sponsored

OP
OP
AdrianMAK

AdrianMAK

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.makperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
Hey @AdrianMAK I actually had two questions.

First question is if the GESI Gen 2 would throw a code on the 2018+ cars.

Second question is if you could use the GESI 50230 HO in your design for NA applications. I assume you use the GESI 85230 currently.
It should not throw a code no. We have tested them here without any issue really in that regard.
Yes we could absolutely use the 50230 in N/A cars and even mild boosted cars. The real detteret for us in that particular cat, is the price for the HP level. The UHO is not much more and we can service alot wide range of HP with one part number. Yes we could build it like that if requested.

OP
OP
AdrianMAK

AdrianMAK

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.makperformance.com
Vehicle(s)

MyStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Adrian.
Are they available with Gt350 factory connection? I would like to pair them with the stock X pipe with resonator's.

OP
OP
AdrianMAK

AdrianMAK

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.makperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
Adrian.
Are they available with Gt350 factory connection? I would like to pair them with the stock X pipe with resonator's.
Unfortunately not at the moment.
Only Connections for a GT.

Sponsored

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
Can you elaborate a little bit further as to why the 48 state legal cats need a tune while the GESI don't? Are those only for 15-17 or can they be ran on the 2018+?

Also what are the 2 states that those are not legal in?

OP
OP
AdrianMAK

AdrianMAK

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.makperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
Can you elaborate a little bit further as to why the 48 state legal cats need a tune while the GESI don't? Are those only for 15-17 or can they be ran on the 2018+?

Also what are the 2 states that those are not legal in?
The 48 State Legal cats at this point if more terminology than anything at the moment. It used to be California and NY, now the name has stayed the same, but they are not legal in any state that follows CARB. It used to only be those two, it has grown since then.

The "48 State Legal" cat is our most "budget" option, it will pass emissions but due to cost they are not designed to not trigger the CEL for flow. The GESI design is meant to keep the light off in most applications. In the Mustang it will keep the light off. Unfortunately, that comes at a much higher cost to manufacture. The GEN1 are meant for 15-16, the GEN2 are meant for 18+. That designation is simply due to precious metal content required by the EPA. We recommend the GEN2 to most customers, regardless of year, due to their higher HP handling. Its more futureproof than the GEN1 should a customer ever decide to go crazy with power.

OP
OP
AdrianMAK

AdrianMAK

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.makperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
We just did a Procharged 2020 on E85 made 863RWHP through these, have a few Coyote F150s making 1000HP with the F150 Version on GESI Cats. I can post the dyno sheets in a bit if interested.

Sgray0913

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang GT
Will it require a new tune? I currently have a ford performance tune and don’t really want to change it
Sponsored