Sponsored

2015-2020 Mustang GT Cat Delete Pipes: First To Market and The Original Cat Deletes

SVT-DADDY

World's heaviest S550
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase
I have borla ataks and it’s gotten pretty damn loud..just cruising on highway is fine but anything over 2500-3000 rpms it starts kicking in
lol it looks like I'll also be welding in some bullet mufflers.

Very noticeable change in volume. I just put catz back on for the winter. I recommend the flange so you can swap in and out ic you want.
That's the plan. I live in the people's republic of Connecticut so I need to be able to swap the cats back on every 2 years.
Sponsored

OP
OP
AdrianMAK

AdrianMAK

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.makperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 TY Mustang GT Premium
[MENTION=10868]AdrianMAK[/MENTION] or anyone else who has done the swap.

How much louder was the car after the swap? Particularly on the highway?
I've got MBRP street and the car could be a little louder for my taste but not much.

My car is a convertible and I am 42 ain't got no patience for too loud!
Too Loud is subjective, it will obviously get louder with the cat deletes, but I would be hard pressed to tell you if it would get too loud for you. The nature of the Coyote motor is to get decently loud once you remove the cats.

Jay-rod427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT C/S
If in doubt it's going to be too loud. Adds quite a bit of bark. But get the extra flange and be able to toss the converters back in place in like 20 mins. Pop them back out to do some hooning in mexico. Then back in Monday morning for the commute. It seems like a pain, and it is to jack your car up and swap them out, but it's really not that bad.

ahl395

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2006 Infiniti G35X
lol it looks like I'll also be welding in some bullet mufflers.
I put two Vibrant resonators on when I did my cat deletes, along with my Stainlessworks H pipe catback (not LMF version). The resonators definitely toned down some of the rasp, but it's still incredibly loud and still raspy.

If you're worried about it being too loud, you may want to skip this mod lol. However I know someone on here did the cat deletes/gutted on a stock exhaust and he said it didn't get much louder and was almost the same. You're up in CT but if you're ever near NJ or NYC let me know and you can hear mine first hand.

smokinzx14r

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT A6 3.55 Gears ..
I have the Cats deletes with stock mufflers ... It has a bit more sound than stock but not much ..

Sponsored

SVT-DADDY

World's heaviest S550
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase
I've got an MBRP street 3" cat back on my car. It necks down to 2.5 to fit the current cat pipes.

I'd like to hack off the current "neck down" portion of the cat back and install the 3" Mak performance connection.

Does this system allow for that?

ahl395

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2006 Infiniti G35X
I've got an MBRP street 3" cat back on my car. It necks down to 2.5 to fit the current cat pipes.

I'd like to hack off the current "neck down" portion of the cat back and install the 3" Mak performance connection.

Does this system allow for that?
Without additional pipe no it won't work. Once you cut off the neck down part the catback will be too short and wont reach the cat delete pipes. You'll have to get another small piece of 3" pipe welded to your catback to make up the difference.

If you plan on putting the cats back on to pass inspection make sure you get the small pipe welded to the catback and not the delete pipe, otherwise you'll be in the same predicament later.

SVT-DADDY

World's heaviest S550
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase
Without additional pipe no it won't work. Once you cut off the neck down part the catback will be too short and wont reach the cat delete pipes. You'll have to get another small piece of 3" pipe welded to your catback to make up the difference.

If you plan on putting the cats back on to pass inspection make sure you get the small pipe welded to the catback and not the delete pipe, otherwise you'll be in the same predicament later.
Good point.... thank you

96MUSTANG06

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.mustang6g.com
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Ordered these and had them sent for ceramic coating inside and out. Doing a custom 3 inch H pipe, with 3 inch back to the stock mufflers, but with electronic cutouts to go full bizerker with the touch of a button!

KatoS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Erik
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/PP
Anyone have these paired with an x-pipe and Roush AB's?

Sponsored

Notagain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
yellow 2016 5.0 totaled white 2018 A10 now
Anyone have these paired with an x-pipe and Roush AB's?
Will by Wed. on a 2016.

Yes i know itll be loud. It might have to stay that way until I decide if I need a resonated X pipe instead or not.

I want to get rid of the cats before I add the CJ IM but right now I really like the x pipe and Roush axle back combo.

KatoS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Erik
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/PP
Will by Wed. on a 2016.

Yes i know itll be loud. It might have to stay that way until I decide if I need a resonated X pipe instead or not.

I want to get rid of the cats before I add the CJ IM but right now I really like the x pipe and Roush axle back combo.

Same! I've had an x-pipe with Roush AB's for about a year now. On the few occasions that someone else pulls away in my car (at the dealer, etc.) I forget how loud it actually is.

But I'm curious to see how much of the tone stays intact. :shrug:

Notagain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
yellow 2016 5.0 totaled white 2018 A10 now
Im affraid itll sound sloppy butttttt f it. Ill add a resonated X pipe if need be after.

I live in small town ND so I dont care if its loud

SVT-DADDY

World's heaviest S550
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase
Ordered these and had them sent for ceramic coating inside and out. Doing a custom 3 inch H pipe, with 3 inch back to the stock mufflers, but with electronic cutouts to go full bizerker with the touch of a button!
I like the idea of cut outs.....did you scout out a good location yet?

OP
OP
AdrianMAK

AdrianMAK

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.makperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 TY Mustang GT Premium
I like the idea of cut outs.....did you scout out a good location yet?
This is a great idea, something is in the works for this.
Sponsored