Sponsored

2015-2018 GT350 Style Spoiler $63!?

Freedom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT, '22 Tesla Model 3, '22 F-150 Lightning
https://www.ebay.com/itm/202781944923

Yep one of those threads again. Anyone buy these super cheap spoilers? If so does the screw holes line up like the one in the 2017 discussion do or the current $150 gt500 style ones.
Sponsored

dn1984

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10 Premium
I bought this one. Looks great, but no the screw holes don't line up. At least not with my 2018 factory spoiler. Yours may, who knows. I have it secured with 3M body molding tape and it's held up great even at high speeds. Great value spoiler

OP
OP
Freedom

Freedom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I bought this one. Looks great, but no the screw holes don't line up. At least not with my 2018 factory spoiler. Yours may, who knows. I have it secured with 3M body molding tape and it's held up great even at high speeds. Great value spoiler
darn not sure im comfortable using it without any screws.

karbate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang GT
I also bought these so I could use ZL1 Addon's wicker bill and it works and looks great for cheap. The wicker bill ended up being more expensive than the spoiler itself haha.
As for installation, it's being held on by 3M double-sided tape for over a year now and still holding on strong. Been through speeds over 150, snow, rain, all sorts of weather you name it. No signs of it giving out whatsoever.

Xu6GS4c.png

OP
OP
Freedom

Freedom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I also bought these so I could use ZL1 Addon's wicker bill and it works and looks great for cheap. The wicker bill ended up being more expensive than the spoiler itself haha.
As for installation, it's being held on by 3M double-sided tape for over a year now and still holding on strong. Been through speeds over 150, snow, rain, all sorts of weather you name it. No signs of it giving out whatsoever.

Xu6GS4c.png
Alright I decided to buy since 2 of you guys used tape and is holding up. Did you guys use the provided tape that is shown in the pic? Otherwise "3M Super strength molding tape?" Thanks.

Sponsored

samd1351

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 1999 Ranger
Is it gloss or flat black?

karbate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang GT
Alright I decided to buy since 2 of you guys used tape and is holding up. Did you guys use the provided tape that is shown in the pic? Otherwise "3M Super strength molding tape?" Thanks.
I used the 3M Automotive Tape I got at AutoZone. If you're really worried, you can use adhesion promoter, but I personally didn't. Just make sure you use enough tape and put enough pressure for the tape to bond.
Is it gloss or flat black?
Mine came gloss black

samd1351

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
I saw that is was gloss after I clicked on the link. Thanks. Guess mine is going to be in its way shortly.

TonyStark1000

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
19 Mustang EB Premium
I am also thinking about this one. Regarding the 3M, I have a similar size spoiler on my 06 Miata and it is only attached with 30 lb 3M and 3 dabs of Goop glue. It has been on there for over 5 years and driven at highway speeds ... no issues.

samd1351

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
So I ordered this on Saturday morning. Ebay says guaranteed delivery by Friday the 13th (damn), but still no tracking number. I also saw that it doesn't come with a template. How difficult was it to get this lined up and oriented right? I have a '17 PP, so spoiler delete - no holes in the trunk.

And I assume it's best to install on a warm day, for tape sticking purposes?

Sponsored

karbate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang GT
So I ordered this on Saturday morning. Ebay says guaranteed delivery by Friday the 13th (damn), but still no tracking number. I also saw that it doesn't come with a template. How difficult was it to get this lined up and oriented right? I have a '17 PP, so spoiler delete - no holes in the trunk.

And I assume it's best to install on a warm day, for tape sticking purposes?
It's pretty easy to line it up, there's an edge where it should sit flush against the corners of the trunk. I stuck mine on at around 50 degrees Fahrenheit and it was fine, just put a lot of pressure and run the tape all up and down the spoiler. You can also use adhesion promotor if you want peace of mind, but I've been fine without it. My louvers and side scoops are also all stuck on by the same tape lol it's strong.

samd1351

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
It's pretty easy to line it up, there's an edge where it should sit flush against the corners of the trunk. I stuck mine on at around 50 degrees Fahrenheit and it was fine, just put a lot of pressure and run the tape all up and down the spoiler. You can also use adhesion promotor if you want peace of mind, but I've been fine without it. My louvers and side scoops are also all stuck on by the same tape lol it's strong.
Thanks for the info. I'll probably use the adhesion promoter, as I'm not going to drill into the deck lid. That's just asking to be screwed up. my patience isn't the greatest when I get frustrated, and I really don't want any "oops" on the car.

Just check the weather. 44 degrees and rainy Saturday :frown:

OP
OP
Freedom

Freedom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Got it installed. Some tips/info. The gloss black is injection molded and not clear coated. The quality is eh alright but is as expected of $63. The holes definitely dont line up. Remove my old spoiler was PITA, heat gun and pry tools highly recommended. the 3M adhesive is strong as fuck. You'll want to spend like an hour on elbow grease with adhesive remover or pay up for a rubber eraser wheel. Also, dont worry about templates if you're going adhesive only, theres a lip on the back of the spoiler that pushes against the corner of the trunk so its easy to line up.

Spoiler delete guys can just alcohol and adhesive this on real quick.

samd1351

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
Got it installed. Some tips/info. The gloss black is injection molded and not clear coated. The quality is eh alright but is as expected of $63. The holes definitely dont line up. Remove my old spoiler was PITA, heat gun and pry tools highly recommended. the 3M adhesive is strong as fuck. You'll want to spend like an hour on elbow grease with adhesive remover or pay up for a rubber eraser wheel. Also, dont worry about templates if you're going adhesive only, theres a lip on the back of the spoiler that pushes against the corner of the trunk so its easy to line up.

Spoiler delete guys can just alcohol and adhesive this on real quick.
Thanks for the tip. Let's see some pics. Just checked Fedex, and mine is on the truck for delivery. It'll probably be next week before it gets installed. I've got to hang a new garage door opener this weekend.

samd1351

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
Well, this just arrived.
20200313_164414_HDR.jpg

And the spoiler, which you can kind of see. I have a better pic, but can't get it upload. The thing is, I'm pretty sure I don't need the massive air freshener, but pretty sure I need the 3m tape, WHICH WASN'T IN THE BOX!!!!

Now I have to file a claim, and go buy the tape. Yeah, they'll probably send me the tape, but I may not want to wait another week.
Sponsored