VOODOO 6G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
http://www.shelbystore.com/product-p/SHELBY-30.htm

Says 2-4 weeks for delivery, but I got mine in 5 days. I got the blue one, so that may be why so quick.
I think for your next test, go out and drive the route again, come back and change out the transmission fluid, go out and test again. I would be happy to do this but my car is asleep for the winter. They salted here in Ohio.
Sponsored

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
If anyone believe the Ford performance trans cooler kit is 6-8 weeks away from being sold, I have a bridge for sale. Please contact me at 419-389-7673. Operators are standing by to take your order.
Hey Scott [MENTION=7033]Voodoo[/MENTION],
Could you do me a favor and tell me whether the lines and crimps for the transmission oil cooler on your 2016 are the same design as the lines and crimps on the engine oil cooler?

I'm still wondering whether the delay on the transmission coolers could have anything to do with the crimp issue that has caused the recall notice to be issued for the engine oil lines.

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Carroll Shelbys Soul Lives Under My GT350 Hood
Hey Scott [MENTION=7033]Voodoo[/MENTION],
Could you do me a favor and tell me whether the lines and crimps for the transmission oil cooler on your 2016 are the same design as the lines and crimps on the engine oil cooler?

I'm still wondering whether the delay on the transmission coolers could have anything to do with the crimp issue that has caused the recall notice to be issued for the engine oil lines.
Please stand by lol

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
That's a Yes.
Here are the trans cooler lines.
image.jpg

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Engine oil cooler lines.
image.jpg

Sponsored

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Now I see why they are failing. They didn't crimp them deep enough.
I'll be replacing mine when the new ones become available.
image.jpg

Leonard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
[MENTION=19530]Voodooo[/MENTION] It's hard to tell from the pictures, but it looks like your trans lines have better crimps than the oil lines... is that the case?

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
[MENTION=19530]Voodooo[/MENTION] It's hard to tell from the pictures, but it looks like your trans lines have better crimps than the oil lines... is that the case?
That's my point. That's why the oil cooler lines are recalled. All the GT350's are recalled for the oil cooler lines.
image.jpg

montreal ponies

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
‘17 Ruby red GT350
Thanks for your help Scott, since you're very knowledgable, how about putting up a homemade cooler kit together and then selling it to base/tech owners !

I'd be all over that.

mattlqx

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'22 Mach 1, '16 F-150, '14 Fiesta ST, '14 Audi A7
The transmission cooler lines are also going to run at a much lower pressure than the oil cooler lines I would think.

Sponsored

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for your help Scott, since you're very knowledgable, how about putting up a homemade cooler kit together and then selling it to base/tech owners !

I'd be all over that.
If I had a tech pack, I would buy the oem cooler and brackets, then buy a electric pump and lines.
Even though I have a track pack, I think when I have some time I'm going to make a trans scoop like the Shelby American version but from aluminum and not steel.

montreal ponies

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
‘17 Ruby red GT350
If I had a tech pack, I would buy the oem cooler and brackets, then buy a electric pump and lines.
Even though I have a track pack, I think when I have some time I'm going to make a trans scoop like the Shelby American version but from aluminum and not steel.
Let me know if you need a guinea pig. :thumbsup:

Leonard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
That's my point. That's why the oil cooler lines are recalled. All the GT350's are recalled for the oil cooler lines.
I'm aware of the recall. I was just curious whether both sets of lines have similar crimping issues and the transmission lines had been deemed 'acceptable' due to lower operating pressures. My car is a tech pack so I don't have transmission lines to do a visual comparison.

zombiekiller

warranties are 4 wussies
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
16 gt350, 66 galaxie,a Tesla, and an AMG G63
i guess i should finally stop being lazy and just wire my install and take pics.

I also bought the pigtail for the read dif cooler and have the pinout to fire it manually.

I bought the shelby scoop to realistically motivate me to get back under my car.

pretty sure that i'm going full track rat with my car. Going to install the parts I have, fix my stupid exhaust, then the car is going on a diet. Just need to find a CF hood.

stshoo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2016 Avalanche w/Black Stripe and roof, tech pack
I talked with Jeremy from Shelby parts about their scoop and got this response:

"I do not have any kind of raw numbers showing what the part will do exactly but we have tested the cooler scoop out at a track with a tech pack GT350 and the scoop provided the appropriate cooling to fix the limp mode issue. I am waiting to get some proper numbers from my R&D department. I can pass this information along to you as soon as I have it."

I'm sure that the info will be similar to what was stated a page or two back, but it is interesting. I'll post up anything else I hear from them. I also asked if they had any other items in the works, but didn't get anything on that. This may be a Christmas present to myself until I get more settled with a house move and decide to do the pump or trans swap.
Sponsored