Sponsored

2015-2016 Mustang GT350 Red Starter Button Kit - Ford Performance Parts

ForTehNguyen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT
ADMIN UPDATE:

Ford Performance Parts has just added a GT350 red start button kit designed to replace the stock silver start button cap found on the 2015+ Mustang GT and 2.3L EcoBoost.

The kit includes the popular Shelby GT350/GT350R red start button cap and replacement trim clips to use as needed.

http://www.fordracingparts.com/parts/part_details.asp?PartKeyField=25720

Here are the pictures and installation video:

GT350 Start Button-2.jpg

GT350 Start Button-1.jpg

[ame]
Sponsored

Sponsored

CompO5.sl0w

GTFO_0021
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Trevor
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/PP / 2015 Jeep Rubicon
Did you guys look at the instructions for install? You need to pull the center console like a shifter install, pull the dash trim panels off, pull the headunit faceplate off, remove the circuit board from the faceplate, then pry the button off. All for a red start button lol...:faint:

Chameleon

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ebay.com
Vehicle(s)
03' Cobra, 05' GT, 13' GT, 15' GT
Did you guys look at the instructions for install? You need to pull the center console like a shifter install, pull the dash trim panels off, pull the headunit faceplate off, remove the circuit board from the faceplate, then pry the button off. All for a red start button lol...:faint:
Agreed. It is cool but not worth it that install. Me and [MENTION=17025]OySmallFry@SCS[/MENTION] fun cheap options you can just remove at any time.

Sponsored

Rich of So Cal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Prem/auto - triple yellow convert
No kidding! Ridiculous!! Why can't they design cars to be accessible for repairs and upgrades? I was considering adding Sync 3 when the parts are available. Not so eager now. But all that for a button cover...give me a break. :shrug:

Kuronos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
I'm using this video as a guidance for installing my own ambient lighting

racingandfishing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
From another thread in case anyone is interested:

They're on backorder as of now, but show to be available hopefully in the next couple of days. We'll be selling these for $27.50 :) __________________
We are Autonation Ford of White Bear Lake selling all OEM Ford and Ford Performance parts. (formerly Tousley)

Call us at 1-800-328-9552 (be sure to mention this website when calling) Ask for Mike R or Chris

OR check out our website http://parts.autonationfordwhitebearlake.com/

plc268

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium Race Red
From another thread in case anyone is interested:

They're on backorder as of now, but show to be available hopefully in the next couple of days. We'll be selling these for $27.50 :) __________________
We are Autonation Ford of White Bear Lake selling all OEM Ford and Ford Performance parts. (formerly Tousley)

Call us at 1-800-328-9552 (be sure to mention this website when calling) Ask for Mike R or Chris

OR check out our website http://parts.autonationfordwhitebearlake.com/
$27.50 is not a bad price.

And honestly, it's not THAT much work to get to. It is a bit comical how much stuff you have to take apart to get to it, but it's not too bad.

That said, I bet you can just pry off the existing button and pop the new one in place.