2015-17 Mustang GT Ford Performance Power Packs

fewt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I bought it about a year ago and I'm happy with it, but you probably won't notice any performance difference. It may only worth it to you if you prefer the look and also don't want to replace the filter every 10kish miles.

That's what the kit comes with... It's just not blue. It's the stock GT350 air filter.
The PP2 kit comes with a GT350 disposable paper filter, the Ford Performance AIRAID filter linked above is a washable high flow filter.
Sponsored

derklink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach 1
Thank you for clarifying. Think I will first use the provided one, I only put around 5k miles on the car per year, anyway. I should drive it more

TexasRebel

Gearshifter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 YZ GTPP - PP2
Thanks! I always thought the yellow one is a cheap paper filter, unlike the blue one.
I'm not sure what the blue one is made of. Your link failed to specify that, but the GT350 filter was sized to 5.2L at over 8,000 RPM (740 cfm). It can easily handle 5.0L at 7,500 RPM (664 cfm).

Anyway, the old addage is "Less restriction, more dirt"

fewt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I'm not sure what the blue one is made of. Your link failed to specify that, but the GT350 filter was sized to 5.2L at over 8,000 RPM (740 cfm). It can easily handle 5.0L at 7,500 RPM (664 cfm).
It's made from a multi-layer cotton gauze.

Sponsored

phatsesh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 convertible GT
With better airflow and the fact that it’s reusable it’s worth the $78 where the paper is throw away and is about $20 a pop and maybe last 5000-10000 miles before it needs to be replaced

TexasRebel

Gearshifter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 YZ GTPP - PP2
With better airflow and the fact that it’s reusable it’s worth the $78 where the paper is throw away and is about $20 a pop and maybe last 5000-10000 miles before it needs to be replaced
I'd have to see the PM10 data before I came to that conclusion.

Sponsored

CrashOverride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I'd have to see the PM10 data before I came to that conclusion.
The dirt holding capacity is much less as well. The paper filters have many more times the pleats. Filters are like screen doors, if you make the grid too big, the flies come through. If you make it too small, you can't see out of it.

I would be interested in running 5k miles on a new stock filter, running a baseline oil analysis, then swapping it out with a K&N (et al.) and rerunning at the same mileage. Of course there will be differences in environments, but I have to wonder if the silica content would go up with the high performance filters.

MattGrz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Does anyone else running the ford pp2 notice the throttle body make a loud “pop” every time you shut the motor off? I know it’s the sound of the throttle body going full closed but I was wondering if it should knock closed like it does or if mine is damaged or something. Thanks.

1TUFF_S550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JESSE
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP. 2001 Mustang GT Cam’d & Vortech’d
Dont have the kit myself but have read alot on it and alot of people report that ans that its normal. How do you like it. Thinking of getting it to not void my warranty only at 3k on my 17 though.

Does anyone else running the ford pp2 notice the throttle body make a loud “pop” every time you shut the motor off? I know it’s the sound of the throttle body going full closed but I was wondering if it should knock closed like it does or if mine is damaged or something. Thanks.

Aubrey

GT4949
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Planning the next one!
Vehicle Showcase
Mine does the same, I assume it’s normal.

derklink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach 1
Installed the PP2 yesterday. Hardware install was a breeze. Loading the tune surprisingly wasn't. Took several attempts to work but finally did. Was raining quite a bit and getting dark so test drive was short and slow. Can confirm what others say...exhaust note got a little deeper (I have a Corsa Sport CB) and car feels stronger in low rpms. However, check engine light came on. Can I use the ProCal tool to get rid of it/if so, how? Thanks!
Sponsored