2015-17 Mustang GT Ford Performance Power Packs

fewt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Does anyone know if the tb makes the noise on the pp3 when shutting off the car? Anyone with pp2 is that getting old or are you fine with it?
It never bothered me, and I don't even notice it anymore. It's no louder than the AC clutch.
Sponsored

curtsmith17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Just received my power pack 2 from summit racing today. Now I have to decide if I want a dealer to install or just do it myself. I live in Toronto and I don't know of any dealer that has done this install, so I'm leaning towards doing it myself.

Lucky this forum has great instructions on the install because the Ford provided instructions suck.
I was in the same boat (Northern Ontario), Ended up doing it myself with no issues. My local Ford couldn't figure out how to change springs on my front struts. They wont be touching my car again.

TexasRebel

Gearshifter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 YZ GTPP - PP2
Does anyone know if the tb makes the noise on the pp3 when shutting off the car? Anyone with pp2 is that getting old or are you fine with it?
Have an old Troy Bilt mower that has a single exhaust pop when shutting off... It's about the same... not as loud. Not annoying whatsoever.

Rambl3r

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 PP GT
I dont even hear to be honest. I would really have to pay attention to it. My audio also keeps playing until I open the door so that also hides the noise.

Sponsored

HextallS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
[MENTION=28081]HextallS550[/MENTION] talk me out of (or into) a PP3. I really just want that redline bump and another two years of warranty.
So I have PP2 on the car right now and I love it. It becomes a bit touchy with Sport+ enabled. It makes me wish I had Michelins already because it will break away faster in a corner with the craptastic Pirellis. My car isn't a DD, mostly a weekend money pit.

I ordered a GT350 intake during the "sale" and I have the cal file for PP3 that I can load with HPT. My plan is to put my long tubes on next month and then while I have it apart this winter for the suspension I'll do the intake and PP3 cal with a better prepared chassis.

HextallS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
I dont even hear to be honest. I would really have to pay attention to it. My audio also keeps playing until I open the door so that also hides the noise.
There's an update for that and some of the throttle issues that people were having.

One more thing to add is that I have cal files for 8-9 different cars with PP2 and the calibration in each OS that I have looked are all somewhat unique. So a car that came from the factory with Perf Pack gets a slightly different cal than a base GT. Manuals and autos are of course different too. If someone wants o see this I can post a few screen grabs. What I would REALLY like to do is to get people with all levels of PP and FP superchargers to let me do a grab of their OS so we can really dig into what changes are made and why.

TexasRebel

Gearshifter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 YZ GTPP - PP2
There's an update for that and some of the throttle issues that people were having.

One more thing to add is that I have cal files for 8-9 different cars with PP2 and the calibration in each OS that I have looked are all somewhat unique. So a car that came from the factory with Perf Pack gets a slightly different cal than a base GT. Manuals and autos are of course different too. If someone wants o see this I can post a few screen grabs. What I would REALLY like to do is to get people with all levels of PP and FP superchargers to let me do a grab of their OS so we can really dig into what changes are made and why.
The update is now the only tune. It keeps the butterfly slam.

Sponsored

stevnoof

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt base manual 3.31
[MENTION=14216]stevnoof[/MENTION],

Would you mind giving a review on PP3? This thread is full of input for PP2 but nothing for the PP3.
I have given a review as well as several 1/4 slips from different track days. It is a good upgrade but for whatever reason I can't get the car to run better than a 12.6 at 112. With these upgrades the car should be running low 12s high 11s at 118+. I am going to get the car pro tuned in the future.

as for a comparison to stock the best I ran was 13.0 at 107.

Rambl3r

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 PP GT
Anyone who is just now putting PP2 on gets the updated tune... no extra updating required.

The newest tune keeps the throttle body butterfly slam on shutdown.
Yeah, that's what I'm thinking as my PP2 tune was installed recently. I'm also not having any throttle or rev hang issues.

stevnoof

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt base manual 3.31
have some advice that may or may not have been said already but from my experience it will be helpful to people who are new to the pps. First make sure if you go to a dealership to get it installed that you personally register the product using your own email information. Do not let the dealer do it for you. Second make sure that you provide the dealership with a usb and tell them that they must upload the stock calibration onto the usb drive after they install the new calibration. For me personally I did neither of these, now I have no access to my frpp account for warranty or updates of whatever, and the dealership claims to have deleted my stock calibraiton off their computer so I have no way to revert back. Learn from my mistakes.

OKC S550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Black PP GT
For some reason I can not find a straight answer on this question but will the PP2 tune increase red line? I have heard both yes and no..

BenGTPP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium PP
Vehicle Showcase
I have given a review as well as several 1/4 slips from different track days. It is a good upgrade but for whatever reason I can't get the car to run better than a 12.6 at 112. With these upgrades the car should be running low 12s high 11s at 118+. I am going to get the car pro tuned in the future.

as for a comparison to stock the best I ran was 13.0 at 107.
60' time? 112 seems low for sure. With PP2,CB and stock pirellis I got 12.7@113(using track apps) on CA 91 octane and 93 degrees ambient. I did 2 runs back to back both 12.7 and 112/113mph.
Sponsored