2013 GT and my little ecoboost go at it

Fast64ranchero

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Walt
Vehicle(s)
63 Ranchero, 1972 Pinto, 2015 Mustang
So I work with a guy that has a 2013 GT with Roush full exh, Roush CAI and a Bama Race tune. When my car was bone stock we ran 3 times, every time he started pulling me around 30mph and just kept pulling away. no real news here, he should...
Well he caught me by surprise today (deep in Mexico, Yeah right) on my way home.. I was doing as I always do, cruising home in the rain/snow mode for mileage... we slowed down to about a 20 mph role and off we went. dum ass me left it in rain/snow mode and he jumped me by a fender... well we let off at 120 or so and guess what, I was still at his door neither of us could pull on the other. If I had switched over to comp. mode we would have been bumper to bumper......
I think if we run from a dig he will be toast. Yes I know there is a driver mod, but a win is a win, and he won this time..............
Sponsored

Last edited:

NewSVO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard boost premium 6mt
well you're very very near stock 5.0 numbers so that's why(when I dyno'd my stock 2013 5.0 it was 383 rwhp and like 380 tq), and your car is lighter and has a better weight distribution.

mbreinin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Premium.
I have never once put the car in Rain/Snow mode...except by accident. How much of a mileage increase do you see?

Mike

Sponsored

jjsotolongo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jose
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost Convertible
It's amazing how quickly some people dismiss these modern turbo power plants.

3,000 in upgrades and you're door to door with a modern V8. I'm pretty sure you would pull on a non-tuned V8 (that torque management...).

I'm now more excited then ever for my car to get here.

mbreinin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Premium.
I will say this. I spent 3 years driving my 2012 GT daily, and I had about 60 all out passes with it at the track, plus who knows how much informal action. It was an 11.7 car and it was a great roll racer. There is no way my EB, even when tuned (running 12.8s) would have hung with it. My Coyote was a 116-119 mph car, depending on DA. My EB was a 106 mph car.
Sponsored