Sponsored

2011 Shelby GT 500 price question

larietrope

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 boss 302
How does a 2011 GT 500 priced at 37,000 with 27,000 miles stand in the market today ?
Sponsored

Cordero1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vic
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang
Might get better traffic on the svtperformance.com forum with that question.

Deleted member 13861

That sounds like a good deal. Does it have the Performance Package ? I traded a 12 GT 500 with 42 k on it and got 34k trade, towards another car. This was Dec 2019 . I bought mine new so I can answer some questions if need be.
2020-09-12.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

GTFORMULA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Grey gt500 pp, recaros, nav
I've been all over autotrader lately looking for a daily to keep miles off my 2020. That's about the going rate. Which is high. I traded my 2014 gt500 pp with 20k in mods back in late 2019 and only got 33k for it. Which was going rate. Now is the time to sell. Not buy.

Sponsored

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
It's about average price point for that model year

I've looked at the S197 GT500's as well and based on nationwide comparisons, that model year is in the $32k-$38k price range. A lot depends on exterior color, options, total miles accrued, if it's a low SVT build #, how many owners and if the vehicle comes with all of the original Ford/SVT docs.

Over the years, I've seen a lot of the "Limited Edition" Mustangs without paperwork go for a good $3k-$5k less than the same sister vehicle that still has the paperwork. It's not that you can't get the Ford SVT Certificates, it's the missing Welcome Kits that can't be replaced. Aside from the Welcome Kits, in some instances, if the specific car cover and floor mats was an option and on the window sticker, that too is sometimes a $300-$600 loss (or cost to replace) because trying to find the correct car cover and mats years later can be a royal PIA too.

Be sure to check the car over really good before making a purchase on any Limited Edition Mustang.

I've noticed that on a lot of the current CarFax reports, a copy of the original Window Sticker is now included when viewing the CF report. It's usually on the first line of the initial date the car was registered. Click it and it opens. From there you can see all the standard and optional equipment the car should have IF it still has it today. I know Ford Mustangs going back to at least 2011/12 time period, the CarFax has the copy of the window sticker because I've seen them myself.

As mentioned, SVTP is a great site for all years of Mustang and other Ford SVT's. I belong to that site as well and there's tons of tech and historical threads to reference. The folks over there are on top of the SVT values.

BaT, eBay, Barrett Jackson, Mecum and Consignment shops are poor examples of "market value". They're inflated values driven by shill bidding, fees, and percentage of sale price kickbacks to the auction house or consignment shop. Vehicles at a Consignment Shop are jacked up by at least a good 25%-30% on top of the original owner's asking price - because the shop has to make money and so does the owner on the same vehicle. Not only that if the car sells, the Owner has to pay a % back to the Consignment Shop based on the final sale price AND in many cases also has to pay storage fees for as long as that car was listed.

eBay and Bat - just because a car shows "sold" doesn't mean it always did sell... I've seen many vehicles on eBay over the years where it was "sold", but then see it listed again by the same seller over and over and over again weeks or even months later... it never "sold".

BaT has become the online equivalent to Barrett Jackson, where the bids are outlandish on the vehicles, not to mention shill bids to jack the price skyward for the seller. Shill bidding happens on eBay too, has since eBay's inception.

Hit up cargurus and set your search to Nationwide - that will give you the proximity of any car's current street value... or any site like that one you can get a ballpark price point when doing nationwide searches - you can see ridiculous to "yes, that's reasonable".