Sponsored

2011-2017 5.0 Coyote Mustang GT / F150 Electric Water Pump Kit - Gain up to 13HP!!

Mod Mustang Racing

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modularmotorsportsracing.com
Vehicle(s)
Worlds Fastest & Only 5 second Coyote
This kit not only gains up to 13HP by removing the water pump from the front belt drive but it also saves space and 10lbs of weight! Water Pump is designed for both Street and Strip use. Pump Includes a 2 year warranty.

Kit Includes:
*Electric Water Pump (with -16 or 1.5" Hose Barb - Select below)
*LCD Screen Digital Pump controller (will also control your electric fan)
*Wire Harness and relay for Pump and controller
*MMR Water Pump Block off (with -16 or 1.5" Hose Barb - Select below)
*MMR Cylinder Head fittings
*MMR Y block (joins cylinder head fittings and connects to radiator upper hose)
*Water Temp Sensor
*Short Belt to bypass Water pump

Order now: http://www.modularmotorsportsracing...page=product_info&cPath=26_27&products_id=873

Plumbing: The kit is very simple to plumb. The Water Pump can be mounted directly to the radiator using a short section of 1.5" radiator hose which connects to the middle of the pump (pump inlet) , it then travels from the Pump outlet to the MMR block off plate, this can be done with a single -16, or 1.5" Hose which you select below. The water flows through the engine just like factory and exits the front of the heads through the MMR Head fittings, these connect to the MMR Y block and the Y block connects back to the radiator. Simple, Lightweight and clean!

Sponsored

craigsix

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
craig
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
i run a braille 17lb. battery which has worked flawlessly on my 15 gt auto. would this be ok with the electric wp? thanks.

OP
OP
Mod Mustang Racing

Mod Mustang Racing

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modularmotorsportsracing.com
Vehicle(s)
Worlds Fastest & Only 5 second Coyote
i run a braille 17lb. battery which has worked flawlessly on my 15 gt auto. would this be ok with the electric wp? thanks.
We do not see this as being a issue. The draw from the pump is minimal.

Taneras

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Auto 3.55 GT
Interesting option for those wanting to squeeze every single hp out of your car (like NA builds). Wouldn't mind seeing a dyno before and after if yall have one.

Sub'd.

Sponsored

atekido

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
Id like to see dyno charts on this as well. Honestly every vendor should be required to show proof before claiming any gains. There should be a dyno before said mod and then another with, all while reducing as many variables as possible. Not saying this isn't legit I just tend to take any hp gain from a vendor with a grain of salt.

SnoopisTDI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard 2015 GTPP, Recaros, 2004 Lexus GX470
It seems so simple, makes one wonder why Ford didn't do it this way to begin with. Save weight, add power.

I have to admit I don't know a lot about cooling. Can or would you use the LCD controller to let the pump or fans run after shutdown, based on temp or time? Does this function as its own thermostat?

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
It seems so simple, makes one wonder why Ford didn't do it this way to begin with. Save weight, add power.

I have to admit I don't know a lot about cooling. Can or would you use the LCD controller to let the pump or fans run after shutdown, based on temp or time? Does this function as its own thermostat?
Reliability. BMW uses electric ones and they fail.

Sponsored

DivineStrike

Doomsday
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GTPP, 11 F150 FX4, 07 CBR600RR
Yea reliability would be my concern. A standard water pump can last you easily a decade and 100-150k miles. What kind of mileage are we looking at with this pump?

Jay159866

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT 1966 Coupe
Order now... $700... When I had my SN95, going through turbo cams. MMR wouldn't show dyno sheets for them, just kept saying "we run these in our 2000hp race car". Even though dynos can be manipulated, it would be nice to see something.

On the topic of EWPs.. I had a Mezier on my 98, and didn't have a single issue but for my 15.. I think I'll pass.

BlackPP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Black Performance Package Base GT
Don't forget that GM has been running electric water pumps for decades! Reliable enough for them... I would like to see this on a daily driver for a good solid year.