2011-2014 Mustang GT 80mm TB How-to

BRR_416

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang v6
$75 shipped. That will include stainless steel screws to mount it. I have one posted in the classifieds.
Sponsored

15ThreePoint7

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang V6 MT 2019 F150 STX Ecoboost 2.7
Nice. Going to put in my clutch first and then start looking for a TB.

6ixxer_koh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Koh
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ford Mustang
Everything came together perfectly. I'm surprised that the V6 to GT adapter wasn't tapped, but it was easy to tap the GT TB holes anyway. Power output of this mod is AMAZING. BIG thanks to zackmd1 and OP!

Ported Intakes
80mm TB
JLT Intake
3.5" Coupler (end to end)
93 MPT Tune

20201015_093327[1].jpg

20201015_093334[1].jpg

vsoda

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
park
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang v6 conv
its okay to swap 13-14 F150 TB? it say 5.0L... hard to find from GT TB at ebay...

BRR_416

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang v6
I believe so. It just needs to be from a 5.0 v8. The f150 is a good option because it gets overlooked.

Sponsored

Stroy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
3014 mustang 3.7
In case anyone is still following this thread, I have a GT throttle body and a new 3D printed adapter purchased off shapeways ( from link by OP). $150 obo. Only thing you will need is an additional TB gasket but that is cheap and available at dealerships.

9B764BBC-D14E-4032-85CA-AD78D694E43C.jpeg

Last edited:

CaptFlan

Capt Flan
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang 3.7L
So I thought I would throw in my 2 cents on this mod. I completed about 2 months and have been pretty happy with the results. For the throttle body, I picked up a refurbished F150 TB from Ebay for $109, part # BR3E-9F991-AE and Zack's 3D printed adapter plate. (BTW, Great job Zack!) In addition to the throttle body, I also installed a Airaid CAI and a aFe Throttle body spacer for a GT. I used M6x70mm bolts to bolt everything together. They stuck out just far enough to allow a nut to be placed on. (I did have to sand away a bit of material in the manifold to allow the one nut to fit on. Performance wise, I definitely am getting better low end acceleration out of my car. All in all, I had a lot of fun doing this mod. It was my first engine mod and helped build some confidence in working on my car.
IMG_7999.JPG
IMG_7998.JPG
IMG_8554.JPG
IMG_8555.JPG
IMG_8556.JPG
IMG_8557.JPG
IMG_8558.JPG
IMG_8559.JPG
IMG_8560.JPG

lvaleiron

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luis
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2015 V6
I'm currently in the process of sourcing all the parts to make this happen on my recently acquired 15' V6. The adapter plate that was being sold on shapeways apparently is no longer available... Does anyone has a spare one i can buy? or the 3D files so i can print it in a local supplier?

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mustang, 1965 AC Cobra, 2023 Ford Bronco 2Dr
Ok so I closed the shapeways shop as some have noticed.... Attached is the STL file of the GT throttle body adapter. You can either upload this to shapeways and purchase at cost or if you have a 3D printer capable of printing in ABS, ASA, or Nylon you can print it. I suggest as close to 100% infill as possible.

Attachments

lvaleiron

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luis
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2015 V6
Ok so I closed the shapeways shop as some have noticed.... Attached is the STL file of the GT throttle body adapter. You can either upload this to shapeways and purchase at cost or if you have a 3D printer capable of printing in ABS, ASA, or Nylon you can print it. I suggest as close to 100% infill as possible.
You are the best! thanks!

Sponsored

Zeptoplix

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
2013 Interceptor Sedan
Hello All,

Sorry for resurrecting such an old post but I figured better to post here to keep info together.

I have a non Mustang 3.7 that I am doing this to. I used a local 3d print shop to make the adapter. This does not work on the Interceptor Sedan. The added length the spacer adds creates a clearance issue with the fuel rail. Flipping it as some of you guys have done does not work because of the master cylinder.
I am quite sure that drilling the throttle body bolt pattern to match the 3.7 will work.

My father in law is a retired machinist, he can do this for me. Looking for some clarification on the process for him.

When drilling the GT TB, 0.187” towards centre; are we drilling 3/16 from the end of existing hole? If so, are we using the front hole for this measurement or the rear? This bolt holes are tapered, with the rear opening being larger.

Last edited:

Cafasco

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6
So I thought I would throw in my 2 cents on this mod. I completed about 2 months and have been pretty happy with the results. For the throttle body, I picked up a refurbished F150 TB from Ebay for $109, part # BR3E-9F991-AE and Zack's 3D printed adapter plate. (BTW, Great job Zack!) In addition to the throttle body, I also installed a Airaid CAI and a aFe Throttle body spacer for a GT. I used M6x70mm bolts to bolt everything together. They stuck out just far enough to allow a nut to be placed on. (I did have to sand away a bit of material in the manifold to allow the one nut to fit on. Performance wise, I definitely am getting better low end acceleration out of my car. All in all, I had a lot of fun doing this mod. It was my first engine mod and helped build some confidence in working on my car.
IMG_7999.JPG
IMG_7998.JPG
IMG_8554.JPG
IMG_8555.JPG
IMG_8556.JPG
IMG_8557.JPG
IMG_8558.JPG
IMG_8559.JPG
IMG_8560.JPG
That’s a nice super clean install! Nicely done!

cidicci

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 S550 3.7L
holy shit i just want to thank everyone in this post for sharing and all of the information, after reading all 41 pages, its helped ALOT. very good group of people here , much appreciated.

im looking forward to making this upgrade and hopefully sourcing these parts for cheap online. i do see some online stores are now making spacer / adapter pieces for this (link attached) , any thoughts?

https://automafiaracing.com/product...with-nitrous-meth-port?variant=40631186522155

i also will be purchasing a new cai for to go along with the tb parts, any recommendations? i see alot of different set ups.

Dieval

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Diego
Vehicle(s)
V6 2015
holy shit i just want to thank everyone in this post for sharing and all of the information, after reading all 41 pages, its helped ALOT. very good group of people here , much appreciated.

im looking forward to making this upgrade and hopefully sourcing these parts for cheap online. i do see some online stores are now making spacer / adapter pieces for this (link attached) , any thoughts?

https://automafiaracing.com/product...with-nitrous-meth-port?variant=40631186522155

i also will be purchasing a new cai for to go along with the tb parts, any recommendations? i see alot of different set ups.
I buyed that adapter, its all good. Pleaae have in mind you need a tune or a tune revision after installing the TB. Your car will go crazy at idle and startups.

Cafasco

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6
I did not need a tune. I only had to recalibrate the throttle body. It’s a simple process.

I have been running this setup over two years, no issues at all.
Sponsored