20-22 Shelby GT500 Spare

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
I have a tracking number already. So, is a spacer needed to fit the CFTP?
Sponsored

Ronp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT500, Iconic, '19 F150 ScrewFX4
Just ordered the complete kit. Soooo.... if anyone is interested in one of those fancier looking signature spare tire rims just let me know. I have one NIB. Sold my 500 last August and had never gotten around to having a tire mounted on the signature rim.

Last edited:

JR369

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 Iconic
What do you think the difference is with the spare for the CFTP cars? Style?
The spare itself should mount on to the wheel hub the same as it would a Base. However because of the longer studs on the CFTP, I would think you need a spacer to use stock lug nuts or open ended lug nuts without the spacer. Is my guess.

Last edited:
OP
OP
AngelDeath

AngelDeath

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
'20 Shelby GT500 Rapid Red / '01 Metallic Red C5 / '17 White Overland
I believe that is backwards. The CFTP wheel has a thicker hub which requires longer studs. So a base wheel will fit on a CFTP but you’ll need open ended lug nuts. The carbon wheel won’t mount up to a base hub due to the hub thickness preventing appropriate thread engagement on the studs.
Makes sense, So I reversed it, thanks for clearing it up.

Also for anyone, the whole kit, tire, rim, jack and lug wrench is a total of 50lbs.

Also the tire need to be 60 psi to be used (which follows along the lines I was mentioning).

*EDIT*

Pulled directly from their site: (Doesn't specifiy spacer, and not going to bust Travis' balls emailing him again :D)

• Fits flush under trunk floor board and doesn't raise it
  • The tire matches OEM tire rolling diameter (no impact on the Torsen Differential, ABS, or Traction Control Systems)
  • Retains use of OEM wheel lug nuts
  • The complete kit option comes with Spare Tire, Jack Assembly, & Lug Wrench
  • This will fit the GT, Ecoboost, Premium, GT500, Bullitt, Boss 302, Super Snake, High Performance Package, Mach 1, GT350, and GT350R models. Not sure if this will fit your model? Don't hesitate to ask.
  • Fits non-Brembo brake Mustangs
  • Fits aftermarket Big Brake Kits
  • Will work for Mustangs equipped with 18" and 20" wheels as well
  • Compatible on the front and rear of the vehicle

OP
OP
AngelDeath

AngelDeath

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
As per my conversation with Travis:

There is a small quarter inch spacer required if running the spare on the front of the vehicle. The CFTP models do come with open ends lug nuts as well.

Sponsored

btown93

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Knight Industries 2000
As per my conversation with Travis:

There is a small quarter inch spacer required if running the spare on the front of the vehicle. The CFTP models do come with open ends lug nuts as well.
Is the spacer required for the base car or the CFTP? Do they supply this spacer in any of the configurations listed on the website? There is no mention of it anywhere.

OP
OP
AngelDeath

AngelDeath

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Is the spacer required for the base car or the CFTP? Do they supply this spacer in any of the configurations listed on the website? There is no mention of it anywhere.
They provide the spacer it comes with everything you need in both setups, Base or CFTP. The spacer is for the front wheels.

FASTCARS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
RL
Vehicle(s)
F150, Wrangler, Pilot & 2021 GT500
Mine has been ordered and should arrive tomorrow.

The Chairman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘09 GT500KR & ‘16 GT350 Track Pack & ‘20 GT500 HP
From my experience with the AA Spare for the 350R if you put more than 32 PSI in
the tire it will not fit in the wheel well. IMO, AA makes a great product.
Concur on all points. Mine wouldn’t fit in the well unless nearly deflated. Even sprayed the well with silicone to help after conversing with AA.

OP
OP
AngelDeath

AngelDeath

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Tire Delivered, I purchased just the tire and rim w/ spacer included and a tiny screw which I have to find out what its for. Base does not come with open lugnuts and uses OEM lugnuts, CFTP comes with open lugnuts.

2022-02-09 17.18.00.jpg

2022-02-09 17.23.16.jpg

2022-02-09 17.25.30.jpg

Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Tire Delivered, I purchased just the tire and rim w/ spacer included and a tiny screw which I have to find out what its for. Base does not come with open lugnuts and uses OEM lugnuts, CFTP comes with open lugnuts.

2022-02-09 17.18.00.jpg

2022-02-09 17.23.16.jpg

2022-02-09 17.25.30.jpg
Well..... does it fit in the trunk wheel well inflated?

Mine is waiting for me at home. Ill be home tonight. I won't test the fit until tomorrow.

FASTCARS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
RL
Vehicle(s)
F150, Wrangler, Pilot & 2021 GT500
Please let us know what the tiny screw is for.

OP
OP
AngelDeath

AngelDeath

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Well..... does it fit in the trunk wheel well inflated?

Mine is waiting for me at home. Ill be home tonight. I won't test the fit until tomorrow.
I wont be testing this until April, since mine is in hibernation at a neighbors garage, but I'm sure you will test it, Mine came 32psi shipped, i was told it should be inflated to 60psi for use.

Please let us know what the tiny screw is for.
Travis just let me know the little screw is a threaded extender for the hold down rod to secure it completely down.

As per his email:

"That is a threaded extender for your hold down rod. The threaded extender for your hold down rod to secure the spare in the trunk wheel well. If you do not get the tire all the way down in the wheel well your hold down rod can have a hard time reaching the bottom. Not all customers have an issue but can be used if this is the case."

I kept my hold down rod from my '16 CS along with my jack and lug wrench, but now I know incase I needed.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
I wont be testing this until April, since mine is in hibernation at a neighbors garage, but I'm sure you will test it, Mine came 32psi shipped, i was told it should be inflated to 60psi for use.

Travis just let me know the little screw is a threaded extender for the hold down rod to secure it completely down.

As per his email:

"That is a threaded extender for your hold down rod. The threaded extender for your hold down rod to secure the spare in the trunk wheel well. If you do not get the tire all the way down in the wheel well your hold down rod can have a hard time reaching the bottom. Not all customers have an issue but can be used if this is the case."

I kept my hold down rod from my '16 CS along with my jack and lug wrench, but now I know incase I needed.
The fit man, the fit. On the trunk that is.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Mine is here and initial impressions are that the spare is great quality. I will test fit it if the weather cooperates. I will test for fit and fuction.

Edit:
If this wheel does what it says it is supposed to, this is a must have. So far I am impressed.
Sponsored